1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "The Dark Knight" Speculation Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by BatKid, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverMaster

OverMaster Bad at Videogaming

Actually, another rumor is now saying Anthony Michael Hall could be playing a Batman wannabe instead of Nygma, so maybe your theory isn't that far off.

2. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

I once read a Scarecrow comic where Crane invented a chemical substance that make someone *not* to have fear of anything. The people affected had over confidence about any dangerous situation and Crane used to blackmail them for the cure.

When people refuse to pay he simply dare someone to jump off a window and the person actually did, dying of course. I would like to see this happening in a live action movie.

3. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

It wouldn't be very logical to always wear a gas mask every day Batman goes out. Perhaps this is his first encounter with him since the events of BB. In which case, it makes sense he comes unprepared, not knowing that Scarecrow would be there.

4. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Thats interesting.Though I would like to see Nolan's take on the Riddler.

Cool.That reminds me of "Never Fear" from the DCAU shows.

5. Young Justice

If you think about it. I mean, really think about it, the Batman mask is not that realistic. A real take on Batman mask would be similar to Cassandra Cain's Batgirl mask or Spider Man mask. Covering all his face. It would be harder to be occasionally identified and he would be safe from any light bio, radioactive and chemical attack.

I think after his first encounter with Scarecrow, and with the latter still on the loose would be wise to carry around with the antidote at least and a small oxygen respirator. But of course, I'm overanalyzing this. :)

6. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Awesome!

Dang, actually I kinda wished I hadn't read that. But, anyway, hopefully they try to make him a little cooler with the fear gas this time around.

7. Robin2099

Robin2099 Active Member

It wouldn't be practical for him to always wear a gas mask though, since they aren't meant for long term wear. Besides, everytime Scarecrow is loose in the comics, and the cartoon he never had enough brains too so why start now?

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

9. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

awesome news. here's hoping mattel releases another more accuarte looking scarecrow action figure for the dark knight line.

10. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

I just realized this is the FIRST TIME a villain has resurfaced in the Batman movie franchise! Awesome. I mean, unless you count the 60's Batman movie as part of the franchise...

11. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

I told u guys :p

12. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

13. silverwings

silverwings Ronin of Light

14. Young Justice

How old is this kid? There's no age in his IMDB page. In Begins, James Gordon Jr. was not a baby? Is this indicate that some years will pass between Begins and TDK?

About the whole son and daughter thing for James Gordon, I think they are getting the route of Batman Year One, when Gordon has a son, and later we will meet his niece Barbara Gordon. Down the road she would be adopted as his daugther.

15. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

16. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

I wouldn't think so; the ending of Begins STRONGLY implies (indeed, I would say mandates) that Batman's first encounter with the Joker must take place pretty much immediately after the events of Begins.

That would certainly make sense, considering that Begins drew so much from Year One.

17. Young Justice

I completely agree. But, although I didn't get to rewatch my copy of Batman Begin to check it, there's lot of forums out there stating that James Gordon Jr. was a baby in the first movie. To say the least, it appears that we will get a continuity inconsistency.

And before people starting getting ideas: There's no way the baby was Barbara and this kid, James Gordon Jr. would be her big brother. I mean, Nolan theoretically can do that, but it will ruin forever the introducion of Barbara Gordon in this franchise. Because when Barbara gets to be with 15 years (As a teenage version of Batgirl, like The Batman did), Batman would have 45 years. I think the age difference is too big to work out.

18. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

You know it was mentioned that Michael Jai white (Spawn) was set to play Gamble,a new addition to the dC comics universe in "The Dark Knight",who is a mob Boss along with Sal Maroni who fight for the control of Gotham after the Fall of Falcone.For some reason superherohype.com removed the link.It was probably a false rumour or probably taken down by mistake.One mopre thing is the rumour for the teaser to be shown when Harry Potter 5 hits theatres true?

19. Young Justice

No Montoya, but Ramirez?

It appears that the Latina Cop role was not reserved to Montoya but for a new character named Ramirez. Scroll to the bottom of the content area:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/thedarkknight_facts.html

Why on Earth are they not using Montoya? This makes no sense at all.

20. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.