1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "The Dark Knight" Sequel News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Definitely add make-up to that list

I don't see score happening at all, but I personally think a Best Picture nom is a huge possibility at this point. It is still the best-reviewed live-action film of the year.

2. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

I agree entirely, and I don't see why it wouldn't win. TDK is in fact the best film I've seen all year.

3. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Yeah, but do you really think they will let Batman win Best Picture? Lots of bad publicity for them, even though TDK probably deserves it.:sad:

4. GregX

GregX Active Member

I loved "Dark Knight." Loved it. But, I need to ask, how many movies have you seen this year?

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Hey folks,

If you want to talk about The Dark Knight and the possible Oscar nominations for the film, then please take it to the The Dark Knight talkback (click here). This thread is to discuss "The Dark Knight sequel" news. Thank for understanding and for returning on-topic. Any further off-topic discussion will be handled as necessary.

6. Master Moron

Master Moron Active Member

How so?

7. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Because it requires fantasy-type sequences with people and buildings being frozen. Nolan is staying away from the obvious special effects stuff. If it looks like something that could happen in an Indiana Jones flick (and after Crystal Skull, what can't?), it won't be in a Nolan picture.

The way I see it, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Riddler, Clock King (doubtful) or Talia would all be likely candidates for the third flick.

8. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Which is why Nolan needs to let go of the realism nonsense. Scarecrow will be a pointless re-hash. Catwoman can't carry a movie by herself. Riddler and Clock King aren't all that interesting as villains, so they can't carry a movie alone or together. Also, you forgot Penguin. But...again...unless he does something radical as Tim Burton did that's another villain who isn't gonna contribute much since he's just a boring mobster in the comics.

Talia is the only one who could work since it'll bring everything full circle.

9. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Not if they actually give him something to do.

10. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Even if they gave him something to do the idea of fear has already been used.

11. Master Moron

Master Moron Active Member

How would freezing people require any greater fantasy sequences than the Scarecrow making people see their fears? A gun that shoots liquid nitrogen or some other chemical wouldn't be any less realistic than the Scarecrow's fear toxin. And why would someone freeze a building?

I'm not sure if I should even comment on this, since you admit that it's doubtful that he'd use Clock King, but the Clock King is much more unrealistic than Mr. Freeze. I mean, a device that slows down time? I think a gun that freezes people could theoretically be invented, but I a device that slows down time seems like pure fantasy.

12. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Freeze usually freezes doors and stuff like that.

13. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

scarecrow would not be a rehash. we haven't seen scarecrow yet. we've only seen CRANE. he's not SCARECROW yet as far as i'm concerned. although, i think the nolan scarecrow/crane is the best interpretation of the character. so if SCARECROW is the villian in the third one, i have reason to believe it would diminish the character and the reasons why i am so fond of the movie scarecrow.

when it was announced that scarecrow would be a villian in batman begins, i kind of had my doubts since at the time i didn't think of him as a threat or a menacing character. since batman begins, the scarecrow was the most impressive villian i've seen in any comic book movie. nolan's scarecrow is the best version of the character. i want dc to go as far as revamp the character in the comics and make him exactly the same as the movie scarecrow.

14. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

What about Harley? I know that she'd have to have most of her origin and role altered because she can't really interact with the Joker (on-screen at least) in the movies, but I can't help but feel interested in seeing her.

15. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

im sure lots of people are just as interested about seeing her but without joker there wont be that chemistry to make it interesting. unless they use the poison ivy relationship (ivy can be just as realistic as any of the villains used so far)

i dont know who it is, but we need a villainess in this next movie. batman;s rogue gallery is probably the one with the most prominent female villains and it would be such a waste not to use any of them in the next film.

16. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

No, he's Scarecrow. Face it.

17. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He uses fear toxin, has a mask, and already played his super villain card. He's Scarecrow, I don't know what you're looking for but Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have shown Scarecrow.

18. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Black...Mask...?

19. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

The only villains that make sense for the third movie are:

Talia - It'll bring everything full circle.
    Catwoman - A new love interest.
    Penguin - Taking over the mob.
    The Ventriloquist - Another character to take over the mob.
    Freeze - A character whose at risk of losing a loved one. Bruce can relate since he lost Rachel.

20. Harvey Two Face

Harvey Two Face Formerly Reiven

Yeah I'm hoping for this as well since he hasn't been in any previous movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.