1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "The Dark Knight" Sequel News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The Dark Knight has arrived and, as expected, talk is slowly starting on the sequel. What will the sequel be about, and will there even be one? Expect news on that very soon!

[​IMG]

To discuss the latest speculation, news reports, and more, check out this thread!

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Related Links:
    -Batman On Film
    -Unofficial The Dark Knight Movie Blog
    -Superhero Hype

Note: Please keep this thread, and the discussion found within, ON-TOPIC Thank you.

2. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

The first time I saw the Dark Knight, people actually groaned at the tragic irony when

Clearly, the intended for the Joker to make a re-appearance. The role should not be recast, and yet...it really MUST be recast. Know what I mean? Batman and the Joker "complete" each other, and I can't think of another Batman villain who hasn't already been killed off compelling enough to carry his own film.

3. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Very true.I wonder who Nolan (if Nolan still continues) would cast for the Joker.

Also I really think the Riddler and Black Mask could be possible villains (in addition to Joker and Two Face).Deadshot would be cool in a minor role at least.

4. Batman91

Batman91 Active Member

Yeah, Joker has to come back, but Ledger owned the role.

As for other villains, I'd like to see Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, or maybe some other bat villains that haven't had screen time yet. Black Mask is interesting.

Any ideas for possible titles for the next movie?

5. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I wonder what the next film will be titled as well. Are they going the James Bond title route and leaving out the Batman name now? If so maybe the next Bat film will be called something like "Shadow of The Bat" . Or maybe everything in the series will fall under the Dark Knight banner with the next one be called The Dark Knight II.

6. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Maybe they'll call it "The Caped Crusader".

7. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

A likely suspect. I surmise a focus on Batman's radicalism to his mission would be the focus. It's much easier to stop being Bruce Wayne.

8. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

Very early on in production for The Dark Knight, there were rumors that the Penguin would be in the movie as part of the whole crime family thing being in the role of an arms dealer.

The same rumors mentioned Phillip Seymor Hoffman playing Penguin. And while the rumors were debunked as time went on, boy, I have to say what perfect casting that would be.

And regarding another villian, they could realistically pull off Killer Croc. They gave him a believable origin in the recent Batman: Gotham Knight DTV. It could work in Nolan's established universe and I can only imagine how cool he would look. They gave Two Face a pretty creepy although a little over the top look, but Killer Croc could work.

9. Batman91

Batman91 Active Member

As far as Hoffman goes, I believed that rumor just because it seemed so perfect. Killer Croc would be interesting, but I'm not sure if he could hold up the movie by himself.

10. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

He could be the muscle for Penguin or his bodyguard. Or a side story. Either way, he'd be a great visual.

11. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Im wondering were they are going to go now with the story and Batman being a straight up wanted fugitive. Its going to be very difficult for him to operate I imagine.

12. Batman91

Batman91 Active Member

Yeah, I know. But its a really good set up for the next flick.

If Nolan comes back to do the third I hope it doesn't take 3 years, but it probably will...

13. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Well, three years gave us a film like TDK. Another three should give us a good film, too.

14. Batman91

Batman91 Active Member

Yeah I know. In that 3 years though, Nolan also did "The Prestige" as well, which he probably did Dark Knight in about 2 years. Don't get me wrong though, The Prestige is a great film. I guess I'm just impatient and want the next Nolan Batman film sooner.

15. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

maybe this new initiative that was posted recently about the whole dc/warner division they're building will help kick-start the next film sooner.....not that i want them to rush greatness or anything but it's still gonna kill to wait all that time again.

16. Raidon Makoto

Raidon Makoto Long Live The Heroes

I'm hoping for BB3 to be called Dark Victory.

As for villains, it'd be cool if Nolan could stuff as many as he could in there. For example, bring back Joker (with Harley ;) ), but have him in there for only five or ten minutes (ala Scarecrow in TDK), and most of his face is covered in shadows, accompanied by Mark Hamill doing the voice. Or have another large Mob Meeting and throw the Ventriloquist & Scarface, Penguin, and Rupert Thorne into there for fun.

For the main villain, I'd like to see the Riddler, as portrayed by David Tennant (who's already said he'd like to play the Riddler). Nolan can do great things with the Riddler, I'm sure. Maybe add Clayface as a croney.

I can't wait, though. :D

17. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Personally, I'll accept a slight quality drop if it means Batman films every 2 years instead of every 3. Begins and Dark Knight were amazing. I am completely satisfied with this level of greatness. They don't have to worry about topping Knight. It'll be very hard to do.

18. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

Well I don't know how people feel but honestly?

I honestly not see a sequel.

It is basically the Batman's rise.
    So that's all the two films should be.

Yet I don't want to see a continuation.
    Why?
    Ledger.

You can't have the same film series without Ledger's Joker.

19. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Dark Victory would be a great title.

20. Batman91

Batman91 Active Member

I know what you're saying, but the film just seems to be setting up for another one. I would feel kinda upset if they didn't continue the story, even if Ledger is gone now. He can't be replaced but I'm sure Nolan could do something clever to give The Joker a "presence" in the next film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.