The Official "The Batman" News & Speculation Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

That info is wrong, the season 4 finale is on that date. i hope that the news season will follow

2. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Oh Ok.The guy scared me.

3. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Just saw a promo ad for the season 4 eps that will be airing on Toonami UK starting next week. While "The Joining" will be airing on May 7th, the ad heavily featured clips from "The Joining". Here are some snippets from scenes:

Lucious Fox comes to the door of his house; J'onn J'onzz (in human form) is there. J'onn delivers a kick to Lucious' face, and his head comes clean off. He's a robot! Batman is standing next to J'onn, who's wearing an overcoat and detective hat (he looks a lot like in Justice League, as he appears when human in "Comfort and Joy", "Starcrossed" and "To Another Shore", though a little thinner, in the same way that this version of Batman is slimmer). Next, there were some clips of Batgirl and Robin using what appeared to be bat-grapples on rootops (these clips were not from "The Breakout"). One shot showed three aircrafts ascending into the sky, obviously alien ships. The last short scene had Robin and Batgirl eating snacks on the floor of the Batcave; Robin remarks that anyone they encounter could be a robot. The pair stare over at Alfred, who's dusting something - possibly the decapitated Lucious Fox robot. Robin and Batgirl dare each other to check if Alfred's a robot by taking his head off.

4. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Brandon Vietti, one of the directors from the The Batman animated series, announced on his blog he is leaving the show to work on Legion of Super-Heroes. Vietti worked on countless episode as well as the popular The Batman Versus Dracula feature. Check out his blog for some great artwork, as well.

In blog-related news, swing by The Batman's Jeff Matsuda's blog, as well, for a great look into the behind the scenes process of animation.

On a related note, the two scribes behind this season's two-part season finale of The Batman, called "The Joining," are Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie (of Buffy The Vampire Slayer fame).

Stay tuned for more The Batman news soon!

5. Hades

Hades New Member

I think they should adapt The Long Halloween into The Batman Season 5. There are 13 chapters to the story, and 13 episodes to a season, it would be perfect. Sure, obviously there will be changes made, as Robin and Batgirl are already there, and Gordon is commissioner, but it would be a great way to get a centralized story going on, bringing in fans of both the comics and DCAU, while introducing Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, and most certainly, Harvey Dent. It would also be a great way to develop Harvey until he becomes Two Face. I think that if they did that, the majority of those who hate the show would probably finally find enjoyment into it. What do you guys think?

Also, any idea when WB will be replaying the episodes with Black Mask, Clayface, Harley, and the future one? As for the unused designs, to be honest, I like that Penguin better than the one we got. Penguin is supposed to be a sophisticated gentlemen of high status who deals but rarely gets his own hands dirty. The Penguin in The Batman is probably the worst incarnation since Batman Returns. I hope they bring in Scarecrow soon though, that design rocks.

6. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

As great of an idea as the Long Holloween one would be sadly that won't happen. We already know that season five is going to be filled with DC super hero team up episodes.

7. Ruseri

Ruseri New Member

"filled" might not be the right word, but we know of a few for certain (Superman, Flash and Aquaman have been confirmed).

8. A.J

A.J New Member

Any idea if they will go with the classic Aquaman look (no hook, no beard)?

9. creativerealms

True but remember who was only confermed for "Joined"? Yet look at all the heroes that ended up in it.

10. Marvel_Knight

Marvel_Knight Ahh, dammit

Boy, this is reminding me a lot of Smallville :p But I hope that the Leaguers they do have appearing (please include some females and/or someone to accompany Robin and Batgirl) will be used for a lot more than punching and flying around, that'd be a waste. And as a heads up, there's a clip of "The Joining" part one on kidswb.com featuring Martian Manhunter action.

11. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

I saw it this morning, im not very excited about this episode, but i'll watch it anyways

12. A.J

A.J New Member

Boy, I think Martian Manhunter looks ridiculous on thos bike shorts, hate it :shrug:

13. The New Titans

The New Titans Man of Marvel Marching Society

Unfortunately, Scarecrow cannot appear because he was in Batman Begins - this applies to Ra's Al Ghul as well. Two-Face might probably be for the same reason, as he is going to be in The Dark Knight, and it may be confusing for people who may not know he becomes Two-Face. As for Mad Hatter, he can get on the show easily, since he's not in any upcoming films, it's just trying to do the right story for him.

14. creativerealms

It's not that they were in Batman Begins that makes them off limits but that the Movies are not done with them. Scarecrow was still on the lose at the end of Batman Begins and given the Nature of Ra's he can be brought back in the movies too.

15. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

I dont understand. It's the classic Martian Manhunter costume, and pretty close to the Timmverse design as well. What's there to hate?

16. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Actually Scarecrow and Ra can appear now since Batman Begins already ended and The Dark Knight has nothing to do with them. As for Two Face obviously the Joker willl appear next season I don't think why Two Face can make a appearance in some form.

17. Ruseri

Ruseri New Member

naw, dude.. they wanted to use Scarecrow in season 4 (for the Strange new World episode), but the rights are still tied up so they used Hugo Strange instead. also, i doubt if we'll get Harvey due to the fact that he's showing up in The Dark Knight next year.

18. Hades

Hades New Member

I think this whole Bat Embargo thing is deedeedee. Not to mention I am not sure if it is true or not, but if they are going to ban the use of Scarecrow, Ras, and Harvey just because of the movies, WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SERIES, then they should ban Joker from being used as well. Joker is used way too much to begin with.

19. creativerealms

Joker's like Batman they can make an exception with him. Like how the Bat Embargo did not effect Batman who still showed up everywhere Joker can still be in Season five of The Batman dispite being in the dark Knight.

20. Hades

Hades New Member

That is what I mean though. That is very lame.

WB Exec: Oh, you guys can use Joker all you want, but Two-face, Scarecrow, Ras, Black Mask, Killer Croc, Ragdoll, Firefly... oh wait... You can only use Joker entirely now... oops, my bad, you can also use Killer Moth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.