1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Superman" Sequel News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

By completely I mean it's existence and Clark's weakness to it. It'd push the writers much harder.

2. The Overlord

The Overlord Active Member

So no Metallo?

3. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Surely the character runs on more than just Kryptonite. ;)

4. The Overlord

That's kinda his thing though, I'm not sure he is in Superman's league without it.

5. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Considering there's multiple versions of Luthor I don't think it'd be out of the question to reimagine the character. I could offer my own ideas but it would hardly make any difference to the matter.

Also, oh wow: my last post was a pun! I didn't notice that! :eek: I spoke in the sense of his character.

6. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

Not really, there isn't much to define Metallo without the kryptonite in his chest. If he doesn't have it, he's basically generic terminator number 12.

7. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Well, aside from giving him some strength and speed upgrades I suppose he is pretty useless.

I'd just hate to see Kyptonite used as such a plot device...

8. Hobbes829

Hobbes829 The Bad Guy

I think metallo is fine as the physical baddy, but you can still use lex as the guy behind him. Similar to what oddjob was to goldfinger.

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I'm pretty sure most people are tired of Lex as a film villain.

10. Hobbes829

Hobbes829 The Bad Guy

Unfortunately they've never truely gotten it right.

11. Hobbes829

Hobbes829 The Bad Guy

everything is technically a plot device. For something as powerful as superman you need something that is either as strong or stronger than him. Or you need something that can sap his strength. That's not convenience, that's just good writing.

12. The Overlord

Well I guess we only need one minion thug villain in the movie series and I guess Parasite works as well as anyone.

But they have used Kyptonite too much in the past, but in a reboot that would be less of an concern. However I liked Superman II better then Superman I because it featured Superman fighting foes that were his equal rather then Kyptonite.

13. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

The Wachowski's Next Project

May be a Superman trilogy: http://aintitcool.com/node/40084

Plastic Man seems like it'll stay in production hell, but who knows? I think they wanted to do a Wonder Woman movie as well.

Personally, I want to see them do an original screenplay. And make it a musical.

You know you'd watch it.

14. AerostarMonk

AerostarMonk Member

This is the very latest rumors according to Ain't It Cool News.

You can find the full report at http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40084.

I have to say I loved the Wachowskis' last effort. I wish them the best of luck on the Superman franchise.

15. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

I can't believe that after Speed Racer bombed they are trusting them with Superman.

16. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

Yea, we're already discussing this in the Superman thread.

17. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

i'll throw my fit if this actually gets confirmed. this sounds just as rediculous as all the other rumors for a superman film before superman returns went into production.
    someone in charge needs to specifically define what they mean by "reboot". it can mean anything. they have a choice, they can give the franchise the chance to live with a SEQUEL, or kill it with the next film being a "complete" reboot.

and here's a response from superherohype.com:
    http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11381012&postcount=387

18. Novapocalypse

Novapocalypse Active Member

So I guess this means it'll be a reboot, correct?

19. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

I don't think Warner Bros. likes to make money on movies anymore. That's the only explanation I can think of. Does anybody else remember how much Superman Returns made? Multiples of Speed Racer's gross. Geez, the Matrix wasn't even that great a movie.

20. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

[CONSPIRACY]Maybe Warner Bros. feels obligated to throw any big blockbuster project the Wachowskis want to the Wachowskis to keep them quiet on certain issues? Because according to Roger Ebert's brief interview he was able to grab recently with them, they aren't the Kubrickian recluses that you'd think directors who haven't had an interview in almost a decade would be, so I'd wonder if at least part of the silence is studio-mandated?[/CONSPIRACY]

Eh, I've sort of been writing a script for a movie about what the Wachowskis might have been up to in their big silence, so forgive me for rambling.

Anyway, I don't mind them doing a Superman reboot as long as they: A) don't do the origin story, B) have actually thought out all three movies as opposed to just having one really good idea and filling the rest of the contractually obligated trilogy with crap ala that other big project they did, and C) AVOID KEANU!

Keeping Brandon Routh wouldn't hurt either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.