1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Superman Returns" Movie News & Rumors Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by bat313, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.happy

mr.happy Active Member

Sweet Jebus, that was a good trailer. Not quite perfect, they still broke the score, but other than that, a solid 9/10.

Btw, thanks for keeping this thread updated. It's cool to have all the relevant info, pictures and links in a single thread without having to trawl through countless sites. You wouldn't happen to have another link to the OC trailer, TV promo 2, as the yousenditlink didn't work, and I hate the way youtube butchers video.

2. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

another great trailer. i was hoping this would bring some tears to my eyes like the last one. i was kind of dissapointed in the music and the lack of the williams theme. if the new music was indeed a sample of ottman's score, i think im gonna be disapointed. i did like the non williams music in the last trailer, so we'll see. the bullet in the eye is no doubt gonna have everyone chuckling when they see it in the theater.

4. dc_gothamite

dc_gothamite dead is dead

the smirk in the last trailer was just awesome. :D

5. mr.happy

mr.happy Active Member

Thanks. I really didn't like that trailer, but I love Routh's delivery of "I'm always around" at the end. He really has a great voice, which might have been the only flaw in Reeve's Superman. The "savior" speech from the new trailer is also very good. He sounds a little like Michael Scofield from Prison Break, but less... ham-like.

6. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

7. mr.happy

mr.happy Active Member

Hmm, these TV spots are really hit and miss. That last one was no good at all.

8. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

The new trailer was great! I think that bit where he gets shot in the eye will appeal to a lot of people...

9. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

I thought it was pretty good actually. It's made for the action-minded audience, and for what it is, I think it achieved something in grabbing that demographic. Here's the official version of that spot btw:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/supermanreturns/tvspots/tvspot4_500.mov

New CK Pics (click for full image):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poster that just showed up in Taiwan:

[​IMG]

10. mr.happy

mr.happy Active Member

I agree it probably served its purpose, it's just not what I want from a Superman promo. WB are usually some of the worst in the business when it comes to promoting their movies, and I don't know how well this catch-all approach will work, but at least they're having a go.

11. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I really hope this movie does good and people support it. Not because I think this one will be particularly great but because I want a sequel with with some actual supervillains.

12. Silly McGooses

I would like to see Braniac in a movie, that would be cool.

But this one looks great for now.

13. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

^^ Without spoiling too much, there's a bit of foreshadowing ala the end of BB, of the next possible villain. So you may get your wish. ;)

14. Azbatz

Azbatz The ceremony is about to begin

I’ve seen all the trailers and TV spots and am impressed with how faithful it is to Richard Donner’s original. Based on what I've seen, this is not a campy Batman Forever attempt to continue a franchise. Just for the record I read on some site and have been told repeatedly that the music heard in the international trailer is just trailer music. It’s not the new soundtrack folks…

15. MR.MXYZPTLK

MR.MXYZPTLK Mild Mannered Reporter

Uh huh, well where gonna see some cool stuff, don't worry. Kryptonian technology which by the looks of it can cause earth quakes, among other things. Also Superman stops a plane. Also Lex Luthor looks great!

16. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

17. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Yeah it looks like some nice stuff will be happening, although I could do without Spacey as Luthor. He never struck me as the Luthor type and doesnt sound like how I have imagined Luthor to sound but he's playing a campy version of the character anyway so I dont expect much. The way it seems in the movie he's trying to kill people just to kill them. The Luthor Ive enjoyed has always been about business and if he's going to off someone there is a good purpose.

18. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

There is a reason.

With New Krypton destroying everything in its path, people will have no where to go/stay but his "island". Thus, they'll have to pay him off huge sums of money to be granted the right to survive/stay. And with his newfound Kryptonian technology, he'll surely use that to try and gain power from the higher-ups.

Sounds a lot like an evil Luthor, no?

19. Silly McGooses

Is this book out yet? I have the one for Batman Begins, I'll want to pick this up.

20. ManicWebb

ManicWebb You were cold as ice...

But wouldn't destroying the world like that also render the world economy useless?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.