1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Spider-Man 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Well...Lizard and Connors require different character moments don't they? ;)

They can still have plenty of Peter/Connor scenes, but have the last few minutes or so be the Lizard transformation. Get the best of both worlds.

2. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

I hope that this is a long movie, with all these characters. Spider-Man 2 was pretty damn long, but this should probably be even more.

3. jimmymiro12

jimmymiro12 Member

THis may sound weird but i was kinda hoping it would be done like the spiderman animated tv series where at the end eddie transforms.

i think there is alot they have to accomplish in a 2 1/2 hr movie. i kinda hope it is 3 hrs especially since they made us wait an extra yr.

4. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

Or they could use the Ultimate Venom origin after all Topher Grace kinda look like and dress like Ultimate Eddie Brock

5. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

Maybe Topher Grace can sit at a round table with Kirsten Dunst, Toby Macguire and James Franco while the camera pans around to each one laughing while they smoke up just like they did in That 70s Show.:p

6. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

Add Gwen as another person on that table and you've got a great gag reel :D

7. Damien

Damien Watching

Ah, geez, so it's been confirmed? Four villains?

It can be done. Let's just hope it's done right.

8. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

Spiderman and the 4 villains at a table all in costume. That would be great too with the awkward silences remiscent of the elevator scene in Spidey2.;)

9. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

I saw part of the set downtown NYC today. They were at Federal Circle if anyone is familiar with the area. Talked to one of the Production Assistants who was getting bored and hungry standing around. Spidey apparantly gets a big congratulations from some group, presumably the City of New York because the stage said "Thank You Spiderman." The PA I talked to also said the budget for the show is around $300 million, so it may pass up Superman Returns (which shouldnt have been that much to begin with, given things like Nicholas Cage getting paid $20 million because he was contracted to be Superman in the mid 90s for the movie but that didnt pan out). I will try to get a picture tomorrow but I have yet to figure out how to get it off my phone, on to a computer, and then on to this site.

10. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

Spiderman has ben know to fight more then one viallin. I just hope they could pulled it off.

11. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

:p! That could totally work as gag throughout the movie. First you'd see Peter at a round table with Harry, Gwen and MJ as he struggles with his personal life, and then later on you see him on the round table as Spider-Man with his four villians. Of course he'd be imagining both scenerios, so it could definitely work :D

12. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

Sorry guys, couldnt get good pictures. They cleaned up most of the set. The stage is still there with the "Thank You Spiderman" written in an arch over the stage but all the balloons et al are gone.

13. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What super hero with a decent rogues gallery hasn't done that. The problem is that the development of the villains can only get so far and 4 is just overkill. There will be 1 major one, 1 who does all the work, 1 who does minimal work, and the last villain will most likely be set up for later use. However based on what THC said Venom will get the costume in the movie...then again I think he's lying, I think he purposely lied before on something else about one of the characters. I think the fourth villain will be Bruce Campbell, he'll be the only one left standing as always as in the past 2 movies he always beats Spider Man:D

14. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

I don't know if this has been posted yet, apologies if it has. JoBlo reports:

15. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

While I doubt they'd work him in as a villain, it would be neat if they gave Miles Warren a "Connors-style" cameo in this one, given the introduction of Gwen Stacey.

Ehh, I'd rather they stuck closer to how the animated series did it, although it probably goes without saying that the "alien" aspect will probably be removed entirely.

16. Desifoxy

Desifoxy Member

I bet quicktime will have the trailer if the rumor is true.

17. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

I tried to get out info from one of the Production Assistants when he was standing guard making sure no one came on to the set. He was playing dumb the whole time, saying he knows nothing about comics. His hair was similar to Topher Grace's so I said he should double for him cuz if this guy did know something, he was an excellent actor playing dumb. Maybe Raimi had him there on purpose knowing he knows nothing.

18. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure there are at least unofficial rules in places that the PAs aren't supposed to reveal what is going on with the filming. Sounds to me like this guy was just following the letter of the law when it came to his job. He tells you too much, then you tell us and it's all over the internet before too long. That wouldn't make Sam and Sony very happy.

19. Zero Kagayaki

Zero Kagayaki the end of this planet

I hope this movie will be longer than Part 2

20. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.