1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Spider-Man 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

Woah the Spider on his chest looks exactly like the one on Venom's chest! I got goood eyes

2. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

SHH!:

This film is chock full of characters, I don't see how they can do all the villains justice. Venom I'm sure will be saved for the sequel, but that still leaves room for Sandman and GG, which is already hard to balance. But adding another villain in? :shrug:

3. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Oh God. This is going to be another Batman Forever or Batman Begins in terms of lack of character development in villains. I think 2 is one too many, and I think that's what the other Spider-Man movies got right.

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Four villains??? :eek: Could the fourth villain be Carnage? Or maybe is the Jackal Miles Warren. He was in love with Gwen Stacy in the comics.

5. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

If there were going to be more villains than what we've previously heard, we would've heard by now. For starters, we've not heard of any casting beyond Topher and the guy who's playing Sandman, whose name escapes me.

I'd put this under B for Bull. And the forth villain wouldn't be revealed in some magazine either.

6. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

^^^ To be fair, we haven't heard much of anything. It might seem like we know a lot, but that's really all through speculation. Aside from 2 official pictures released, nothing else has been revealed.

Granted, Sony must've done a helluva job if there is a 4th villain, but I, like you, hope it's not true.

7. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

We did actually, back in July of last year. Whether or not it's true is anyone's guess. :shrug:

8. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

I hope not! As much as I would LOVE to see carnage in one of these movies, I don't want him toned down to a PG-13 level.

9. Noukon

Noukon Deep Blue

I wouldn't be surprised if they used a random Spidey villain for some kind of opening-sequence battle before moving on to the full film narrative. It would be a good way of injecting some fanservice.

10. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

I could see there being a Mysterio or Vulture cameo. I can't see there being a big time villain in addition to the other trio though. That is simply overkill...

-BB

11. Tash

Tash Active Member

Well, Venom is only going to be in the very end, and I see Sandman being reduced to a jobber. (he beats up Spiderman, but Black Suit Spiderman kicks his butt later) So that probably leaves enough time for the Green Goblin plot.

The 4th villian is probably going to be cannon fodder, anyway. It should work out.

12. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

Yeah, hopefully they'll throw in some of the lesser emphasized villains like Electro or Rhino for Spidey to foil in the beginning as opposed to the standard cops and robbers he's chased before as exposition.

Or, even better, maybe Avrad was considering Peter as his own fourth villian, since the suit messes with his mind and all...eh, it's a stretch.

13. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

This is from the same guy that reported about SM3 teaser being with SR, so it does lend a bit more credibility to his report.

14. GCFyouthcamper

GCFyouthcamper Promoted to Camp Counselor

As Noukon and Drachentoter said, I do think we could see this fourth villain robbing a bank or something for just a scene. Simple stuff. A B-list villain like Shocker. Or they could downplay an A-list villain too.

15. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

So help me if Aunt May really does turn out to be Carnage...

16. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Man, I'd pay to see that ten times.

17. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

Grace as Doppleganger.
    Franco's clone as Demogoblin
    All 3 Goblins fight
    Sandman is hired by Kingpin
    DareDevil and Punisher go after Spiderman
    The Hulk destroys the city
    Wolverine and Captain America recognize each other
    Appocalypse rises up
    Galactus eats everyone
    It turns out to all be a dream in Professor X's head

18. PhantomZero

It seems as his costume changed a bit? Looking forward for more details on the movie yet,seeing it too.;)

19. Brainiac

Brainiac You've forced my hand.

Yeah, I'd have to go with the idea that we'll get a nice battle intro with some random villain as fan service, and focus mostly on Green Goblin and Sandman (to a lesser extent), all the while setting up Topher as Venom.

In terms of who this fourth villain could be....well, what about The Lizard? I mean, Dylan Baker DID play Curt Conners in Spider-Man 2. Okay, I really just want to see Dylan Baker turn into a big green reptile creature, to be honest.

-Brainiac

20. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

I really hope they don't cram Lizard into some ten-minute scene. I think Dr. Connor's relationship with Peter deserves more exploration than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.