1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Spider-Man 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dc_gothamite, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Spider-Man is about more then just the action, though.

I always thought Parker lost his powers because he was exhausted.

Doc Ock is far more powerful then the GG was, he had those metal arms that were great for defense.

By the way, reply 500!

#501 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  2. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

I bought the official novelization of the movie.I won't be able to read it until the 25th.Will I be in for a surprise?

3. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool, #500. Didn't even realize that. :)

In regards to Doc Ock, I didn't mean weak as in "physically weak." I meant weak in terms of his place in the story as the villain. (This aspect is hard for me to explain, as I learned while voicing a similar complaint about Davy Jones in a Pirates 2 thread.)

I know Spider-Man is about more than action, but I just found the non-action stuff in the second film boring. I'm all for scenes that focus on the characters', well... character. But for whatever reason, they didn't have much impact on me in the film. Except for maybe the scene where Peter told Aunt May what he was really doing the night Uncle Ben was killed.

Overall, I'm mostly just unhappy with the direction Raimi has taken the series, into a more dark, angsty, conflicted territory. I liked the tone of the first film better. When I think of Spider-Man, I think of light-heartedness, swinging from the rooftops and just having a fun time, much like the first film. I don't know. I'm still going to see Spider-Man 3 (the action and effects, except for the Peter/Harry battle in the alleyways, do look better than the last one), but at this point, to me, it looks like it could go either way: really awesome or really bad.

4. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Many.

Doc Ock was there really to make Spider-Man's return just seem more spectacular, I suppose, and also to give Harry a bit of character delopment.

Apparently Raimi's just doing with Spider-Man what Stan Lee did, he gave him problems that needed to be overcome.

Goodness, the critics called 2 better then the first, but meh.

This site claims the running time is 145 minutes.

5. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm also hoping the fact that Sandman really killed Uncle Ben proves to be wrong, because then that would just seem to weaken the impact of Peter going after the carjacker in the first film.

It's definitely going to be an interesting movie to see. :)

6. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

7. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

It's already confirmed that Sandman did the deed.

8. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

So that carjacker isn't the real killer?

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

It was Marko who shot Uncle Ben but his partner left him behind as he stole the car.

10. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Oh ok.I understand.Thanks.

11. HaagenDas

HaagenDas Active Member

Dunst said she wasnt doing another one at all. They can get rid of her easily though...especially with Gwen Stacy in the pic. Maybe even introduce Felicia Hardy.

12. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So many conflicting stories about who's saying what. The most recent I read was that everybody (but Tobey) is expressing an interest in returning. It's probably best to just ignore all the talk and wait until we're closer to the fourth one. Which, of course, seems like a lifetime away right now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.