1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Spider-Man 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dc_gothamite, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Where did you get THAT image?

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

It would seem to be a freeze frame from a higher-quality version of the final trailer. I myself gravitate towards that possibility, but in the crazy, wacky, wild world of the Internet, can anyone truly be sure of anything?

3. TheScarecrow

TheScarecrow The Master Of Fear

Avi Araid convinced Rami to use him. He basically told him "the fans are waiting for him" and that "Spider-Man is EVERYONE's myth, not just yours".

4. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

Chances are it's a photo shopped pic of some licorice taffy and chicken wire.

5. Hanshotfirst1138

All right, sorry. Where is this final trailer? I haven't seen it kicking around.

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

I have no idea.

Really.

7. Hanshotfirst1138

You hate me don't you ;)? Sorry. I'm really behind the times.

That still doesn't explain that photo though, unless my eyes just aren't sharp enough.

#467 Hanshotfirst1138, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  8. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

Jeez, that was cool. Even if it was a little too much of a spoiler in terms of venom.

I like how Curt Connors has more of a role. Guess they are using the old animated series as a bit of an inspiration, but it's not a huge stretch to use connors.

9. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

That, and I'm sure Marvel doesn't mind having him fleshed out a bit more for the possible Spider-Man 4.

10. Hanshotfirst1138

Love the shot of Venom reaching down and grabbing Spidey; vintage horror Sam Raimi, straight out of Evil Dead.

11. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

I love this aspect of the Spider-Man movies. The attemp of removing Octopus arms in Spider-Man 2 was one of the most exciting scenes of this franchise so far. The B-Movie way of shooting from Raimi is very interesting and fun.

12. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I dunno...I've said before I'm a wuss so I could do without so many current directors throwing in jump moments. Raimi got me good with "Last night..." in the first movie and Ock throwing the metal shard in 2 but I was prepared for the extreme Goblin close up in 1 ;)

13. Hanshotfirst1138

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen any of Raimi's other work? There's a lot more gloss and less grit on Spider-Man, but I like the sheer energy which he's lost none of which powers the films. Darkman and Evil Dead. Great stuff. Incidentally, though, he's also capable of considerable dramatic flair; A Simple Plan is a powerful morality play, and really out of character for him. The close-up didn't get me; the "last night" scene certainly made me jump though!

Agreed. He's part of a whole crop of directors lately like Brian Singer and Chris Nolan who've transitioned from the art-houses to the mainstream. Or, in Raimi's case, the grindhouse :D.

Hey, Hellcat, I just noticed that your post count is now a little OVER NINE THOUSAND!

14. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

No. As I said vaguely, I'm not a horror fan. I'm aware of Raimi's history though and I don't mind a well done quick 'safe' scare, which is what he generally plays with in the Spidey films. However, I'm finding more and more directors are putting in jump moments. Case in point, the sound slowly fading and then BAM!...By the way, Jackson still owes me new undies for Gollum-Bilbo...

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

16. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

There's also the movie called The Gift: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219699/ - It's somewhat a story that deals with the supernatural but it couldn't be called an horror movie. This flick is also very entertaining.

17. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind Active Member

18. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

You know what I just realized? That I kindof find interesting?

Traditionally. Eddie hates Spider-man because Spider-man stopped him from being a villain. Spider-man was right to stop him. In this movie, it looks more like Spider-man is just taking out his anger on him. "NO ONE TAKES PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN!"

So in a way, Spider-man is the one who CREATES Venom... which is actually pretty cool in a way.

19. Hanshotfirst1138

Yeah, I've seen that too. It's a sort of supernatural Southern Gothic. Raimi's direction is considerably less manic and more controlled, but very good and superbly atmoospheric. It's offbeat but not super wierd. Billy Bob Thornton's script is pretty good.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

Starz will be featuring Spider-Man 3 from April 4 - May 4. Here is the cable channel's press release:

Comic books are set to attack Starz in advance of the anticipated theatrical release of Spider-Man(TM) 3. Beginning Wednesday, April 4, you can see sneak-peeks of the superhero movie and enter the "Starz Spider-Man(TM) 3 Sweepstakes." Later in the month, watch the premiere of the Starz-exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the movie, "On the Set: Spider-Man(TM) 3" and "When Comic Books Attack," a day-long marathon of comic-book inspired films.

"On the Set: Spider-Man(TM) 3" features interviews with Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, plus behind-the-scenes footage and clips from the film. This exclusive special premieres on Starz Saturday, April 28 at 10:55 p.m. (ET/PT), with repeat plays scheduled on all of the Starz thematic channels.

The "Starz Spider-Man(TM) 3 Sweepstakes" begins on Wednesday, April 4 and runs through Sunday, May 4. One grand prize winner will be awarded a Sony Bravia 40" LCD HDTV and 100 first prize winners will receive a Spider-Man(TM) 3 poster. Enter to win the "Starz Spider-Man(TM) 3 Sweepstakes" by filling out the entry form at http://www.starz.com.

The "When Comic Books Attack" marathon airs on Starz Thursday, May 3 and will feature "On the Set: Spider-Man(TM) 3" and other comic-book inspired films including Sin City, Underworld: Evolution, Silver Hawk, Blade, Judge Dredd, Dick Tracy, Darkman, and Batman and Robin. For scheduling information visit http://www.starz.com.

"Movie-goers have been looking forward to the theatrical release of Spider-Man(TM) 3 for the past three years," said Jonathan Shair, vice president of planning and scheduling, Starz Entertainment. "We were happy to partner with Sony and Columbia Pictures to give Starz viewers a chance to celebrate its hugely-anticipated release with a national sweepstakes and an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie."

Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man(TM) 3 reunites the cast and filmmakers from the first two blockbuster adventures for a web of vengeance, love and forgiveness that will transport worldwide audiences to thrilling new heights on May 4, 2007.

In Spider-Man(TM) 3, based on the legendary Marvel Comics series, Peter Parker has finally managed to strike a balance between his devotion to M.J. and his duties as a superhero. But there is a storm brewing on the horizon. When his suit suddenly changes, turning jet-black and enhancing his powers, it transforms Peter as well. Under the influence of the suit, Peter's pride and overconfidence take hold and he begins to neglect the ones he cares about the most. As two of the most-feared villains yet, Sandman and Venom, gather unparalleled power and a thirst for retribution, Spider-Man's greatest battle is the one within himself -- he will need to rediscover who he is and what makes him the hero people love.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5420

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.