1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Spider-Man 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dc_gothamite, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc_gothamite

dc_gothamite dead is dead

Latest News
    Teaser Trailer

Previous Threads
    Part 1

No. Peter Parker's black costume in the movie is basically a repaint of the original costume; just black... and yes, Spider-Man always had a spider on his back... its just more stylized than the one in the comics.

2. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

Although I had few doubts about how this movie was going to turn out, they've all been officially erased. I'm very glad to see a few cues being taken from the 90's series, which is undoubtedly the best interpretation of the Venom story we've ever gotten.

Bring it on, Raimi.

3. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I darn near pissed my pants when I saw a fake SM3 trailer, and even the real one is quite good, too!! I can't wait to see this sucker in theaters when I see Superman Returns!!!!!

4. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

The teaser trailer is excellent, but still doesn't really allude to what version of the black suit origin they are using.

5. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, it's almost if they are teasing us and not giving us many details in order to reveal more later. ;)

Seriously though, great trailer that builds the hype.

6. sdp

sdp miscrave

I'm pretty sure I saw the original symbiote spidey suit in one scene from the teaser, unless it was venom but it looked skinny like spidey...

not a big spidey fan but I have to admit its a neat teaser, we see the GGII, and the sandman in it and brock..

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't been following the news and rumors, but when I read Topher Grace was playing Eddie Brock, I was shocked. Did he bulk up for the role or does anyone think Raimi is playing up a twisted mirror image of Peter Parker for Venom?

8. FireStarterLE

FireStarterLE You don't want to see us mad

well it did show the symbiote crawling on Spiderman/Peter as he slept

9. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

The original venom designe didn`t have muscle.

10. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

There are some scenes in the trailer (click here) straight out of the comics! I slowed down the trailer and paused it a few times and saw there's going to be at least one battle between Harry and Peter Parker without his costume on. It also looks like the black ooze causes Peter to loose all his inhibitions. I can see now why Gwen Stacey has been brought into this movie. Despite there being four villains this could still work.

11. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

the music when we first see spidey in the black costume sounded like it came from v for vendetta. this teaser got a few claps and cheers last night at superman returns.

12. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

Which is obviously inspired by the same type of scene in 90's Fox Kid's Spiderman: The Animated Series.

13. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

Who does Topher Grace play in the movie? i just saw the teaser and i'm wondering who hes playin. i haven't been keeping up with a lot of the news lately so i dunno if its known exactly who he is :confused:

14. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Topher is playing Eddie Brock, who become Venom.

15. ManicWebb

ManicWebb You were cold as ice...

I've been trying to avoid news and spoilers quite a bit lately, but did they actually confirm Topher as Eddie Brock, or is it just commonly accepted fan speculation?

16. jimmymiro12

jimmymiro12 Member

it has been confirmed

jim

17. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

thanx for the help!

18. sdp

sdp miscrave

watching the traier in youtube and watching it on the Imax is a huge difference ;)

I tend to be biased against Marvel but I have to say the movie looks like it'll be fun. I already know what to expect from it (like most comic geeks) but it should be interesting nonetheless.

19. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

I think Venom will look like a black Spider-Man but the webbing will be melted and will appear like veins on his arms and chest. He'll also have the big white spider. The mouth, teeth and toungue will be exactly like the comics

20. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

I doubt it. After seeing the pictures of Black Costume Spidey (which has always been my favorite Spidey costume :D ) you can tell that they don't use the white spider logo. The veins sound cool and I can see the mouth, teeth and tongue working. But only if they can make it creepy and not just cheesy.

~s7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.