1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Justice League Unlimited" Speculation Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. efumf

efumf Behold the DCAnimatedUniverse!

found it :(

Who do I kill?

And I've already sharpened my killing stick, so don't try to talk me out of it!

2. Revelator

Revelator In summary then: "Oh no."

Check the comments section...

3. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

Check it:

http://www.fanboyplanet.com

I'm not sure about the authenticity, but it looks like you guys'll be getting the rest of the episodes fairly soon.

4. A.J

A.J Active Member

Oh great! MORE bad news about JLU´s fate...thanks for the info anyway man, its good to know JLU is coming back to CN for its final episodes...did I just said Final episodes (as that article says CN is calling them)???! OK! I better start looking for a new channel to watch besides CN...

5. Revelator

I'm not familiar with fanboyplanet, but if the site is reliable, it's both good and disturbing news. Good because there won't be that stupid wait till May, disturbing because it suggests that CN now wants to burn off the remaining episodes and be done with the show. At this point I'm reconciling myself to the notion of JLU truly ending, and my only hope is that the DVD sets will sell well enough to either encourage a resurrection or at least a series of DTVs. Either way, posterity will frown on CN for canning the best cartoon on television.

6. dlb

dlb Lex Luthor is pleased

Well it does erronously state that the new episodes have begun to air in Canada, but that could just be an honest mistake as we've been told they'll start to air next week.

7. Redemption

Redemption No one is beneath redemption..

From the site that shall not be named:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Originally targeted for late spring/early summer, new episodes of Justice League Unlimited will now air beginning in February on Cartoon Network.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first new episode will air Saturday, Feb. 11 at 10:30 p.m. Nine new episodes, Nos. 31-39 of JLU, are expected.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cartoon Network has yet to release specifics for the schedule. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look for more details on this breaking story soon here in The Continuum. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

8. bobspoland

bobspoland Member

The worse kept seceat. We knew already didnt we? am not going to cry over it. I was expecting it, am glad we got 5 seasons. I really hope they get shayera and GL back together and darksied returns before this all ends. Thank you to the production team and ever one who made this show what it was. It was a fantastic show! :D :anime: :D :anime: :cool:

9. Revelator

I wonder how much the dreaded D-word played into CN's decision to bump up the episodes. Perhaps they were shamed into bumping by the fact that practically every other CN on earth was showing the episodes before them, and anyone with a computer and internet connection would be able to see all of them before they aired in the US.
    If the first four showings of this season scored excellent ratings, you'd think CN wouldn't want to cancel the show. Perhaps if the remaining episodes do as well or better, the show will get renewed. But the chances of that are not so good if CN continues brainlessly airing the shows without any promotions or reruns.

10. A.J

A.J Active Member

V wise words man. I just dont know whats wrong with CN USA. Everybody is already watching the new episodes! You know, I wanna see how much promotion the new episodes are gonna get...Ill be watching you U.S CN!!!!

11. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Personally I dont think WB and Cartoon Network care.

12. A.J

A.J Active Member

I think the same...they give a crap about the show now...specially CN...lets wait and see how much promotion the new episodes are gonna get and then lets talk...:mad:

13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think ANY network "cares" about shows. If they make the money they expect they stay, if they don't, they go.

If JLU was making mega profits it would stay, no matter what direction CN goes. I don't think that can be blamed entirely. JLU isn't making the ratings, merchandise and advertising revenues to justify it's cost or it's foothold in CN's new direction, so it's going.

There is no emotion, laziness or nastiness. It's not making enough money to justify it's existence. I imagine this new CN direction means there is a more critical eye on shows and how they reflect mandate, but I don't doubt if JLU was doing everything they expected and more (financially speaking), it would stay.

So while I appreciate the frustration people have here, it's commerce. It's money. It's business. It's life. Special products often have special audiences. Things which don't TRY to be mainstream end up being appreciated by non mainstream audiences for precisely that. What makes JLU so special is it'd doesn't purely cater for it's demograph. The downside is that makes it's future less stable as it doesn't have the simplicity to pull in maximum mainstream appeal.

The very nature of JLU makes it's longevity problematic. So let's not descend into tabloid simplicity of evil, lazy corporative empires. If CN's choices and policies are bad, that will show demographically and heads will roll. Take that pleasurable thought and just be happy that we've had such an unusually mature kid's action show for as long as we have.

14. DarkLantern

DarkLantern Keeping my promise

I couldn't have put it better myself, SJJ.

For those of you who have noticed, I have been counting down to this moment, my "1,000th post" on the TZ boards, and my final appearance as well. As of today, my ties with WB Television (there is no more WB Animation, you know -- hasn't been for a while) are now completely severed and I'll be moving on to something completely different.

Interesting coincidence that the "final fate" of JLU has also come to light at this time. But remember: never say never. STAS has been done for years, yet there's a DTV coming up soon. "World's Collide" may yet see the light of day (and then you'll all know how Wonder Woman got her invisible jet -- don't you just love spoils of war?).

Never give up hope, just don't hold your breath along with the dream.

Krad Nretnal

*POOF*

15. A.J

A.J Active Member

Uh, why your 1000 post is your final appearance here? What ties with WB? Why why why? What are you? Some kind of ghost or what? :p

16. jimmymiro12

jimmymiro12 Member

That's HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    [​IMG]

17. bobspoland

bobspoland Member

lathern you said that last year you wouldnt post again. Anyway see ya!

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The loglines look like they confirmed some of our theories. On my part, the Source Wall rumor and maybe the loglines are hinting at Darkseid making a comeback. That would be a mighty good ending.

19. Revelator

While I'd love to see darkseid one last time, I don't know he'd be best served by a two-parter, especially since screentime will already be thinly spread among the undoubtedly huge cast. Frankly, two episodes seems like too short a finale for a season whose cast is even bigger than in the previous one. We not only have to say goodbye to the 50+ league, but also to the 50+ legion, and throwing in the New Gods might be cramming too much in at the last minute (as opposed to Cadmus, which was allowed to build over two seasons). But since the finale will effectively bring to a close an epoch in the DCAU, we'd probably have issues with it no matter how much of a masterpiece it might be--and I hope it's a real jawdropper.

Btw, does anyone remember what the limit is on how many speaking parts there can be in an episode? I imagine it will have some effect on the finale.

20. jangotangos

jangotangos Member

my money is on darkseid being the one pulling the strings behind the scenes of the LOD trying to get them and the JLU to wipe each other out. when all goes awry, the LOD and JLU team-up to take out Darkseid and his Apokolips armies from destroying the earth