1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Welcome to the The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 3, where you can talk about all of DC's upcoming DTVs! With a host of DC DTVs on the way, stayed tuned for trailers, interviews, images, reviews, and so much more!

[​IMG]

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Current DTVs Announced:
    -Superman/Doomsday
    -Justice League: The New Frontier
    -Batman: Gotham Knight
    -Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
    -Wonder Woman

Archived Threads:
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 1
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 2

Post Your Thoughts!

2. Harley_Quinn

Harley_Quinn Honey, get mommy’s bazooka

Note: Discussion continued from The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 2.

Don't remember hearing about that, only thing new that was going to be put into production was the WW DTV according to that scan of the DC flyer from SDCC

3. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Where did you hear that? I haven't seen DC note that yet.

-BB

4. SaBaWoJuLe

SaBaWoJuLe Active Member

I know what he is talking about. On the official press release for the first three DTVs, it stated that the other DTVs in development were Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Those three are DTVs since Wonder Woman is next following Teen Titans. So he is referring to that.

5. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Please don't kill me on this..and I am not trying to open an old wound. But, I am just curious why Superman/Doomsday was not done in the original Supes universe? (ie-Voice actors,etc) I understand wanting to do new things. But, if you first see the toon. It looks almost exactly like the timm-verse Supes. The only other thing I can think of is that they used Doomsday a few times in JLU and he lost his new mystique.

Thanks!

ps-Speaking of Timm-verse. After the new batch of DTV's are their any rumors of any DTV's using the timm-verse continuity? Or is it dead and buried?

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

That's exactly it; they used Doomsday twice in the DCAU and they "killed" Superman. A true adaptation of the storyline in the DCAU would have been fun, but would have felt too much like a retread.

Also, yes, the DCAU is dead and buried for now. No rumors, no nothing. It's over.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This is the direction WHV and/or DC Comics (I can't remember which) wanted to go and do a series of stand alone DTV's based on some of the greatest selling comics published.

The DCAU still lives with these DTVs, The Batman and Legion of Superheroes. The Timmverse is taking a break from the limelight. I would think that if these initial DTV's do well, a Timmverse DTV may get greenlit (and I mean years into the future).

8. cherv1

cherv1 Member

Well at WonderCon in February I think, Timm said after these DTVs he may be doing Justice League Worlds Collide which is in the DCAU.

9. Toddman

Toddman Hulk not good with words.

That's accurate. So the Timmverse DCAU may not be completely "over" just yet.

Toddman

10. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

I hope not.I still want to see The Apocalypse of '09!

11. Aizen

Aizen Former 5th Squad Captain.

That makes two of us!

12. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

I would love to see a Justice Society of America DTV. You could have some of the current members of the JLA do an intro that discusses a mission the JSA did to someone. You could have the GA Green Lantern, Wildcat, Dr.Mid-Nite, Hourman, etc. :D

13. Harley_Quinn

Harley_Quinn Honey, get mommy’s bazooka

Count me as three!

14. Aizen

lol

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

I recommend holding back the post if "lol" is the sum total of what you have to say.

16. Aizen

Well alright here goes. I would love to see The Near Apocalypse of '09 obviously and stuff that would tie JLU to Batman Beyond, about Bruce quitting the league, and the League becoming shorter as time goes on (but they can do all that in the Near Apocalypse of '09 so that is what i would like)

17. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

We have fresh, new and exclusive clips from Superman: Doomsday on The World's Finest. Scope them out here here (the final five listed). There were no WMV versions of the clips available this time, I apologize to those who aren't able to view the QuickTime versions.

[​IMG]
    New Videos!

18. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

This movie simply looks and sounds great. Everything i have seen so far has simply gotten me much more excited for it. This footage only goes to further that!!:D

There is only two things i will severely hold my judgment on until i see the final movie in its entirety - and that is the voice cast and the music. I'm sure they will be good but i simply can't tell how good from a few lines of dialogue.

However at the moment i'm not entirely sold on the deep voiced Adam Baldwin as Superman:sad:, but like i say i will hold my judgement until i see the movie.

19. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

With regards to the Supes/Doomsday. Will any other heroes be in the movie? I know in the comic they all try to stop Doomsday before he fights Supes and then later after the fight.

20. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

You could find the answer to that in this thread if you looked, but, I digress. No, there won't be any other heroes other than Superman.

-BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.