1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The official "Avatar the last airbender" speculation thread.

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by I.R Joey, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

YTV likely aired it this week because they're planning on running the Invader Zim and Ren and Stimpy Christmas specials during the 8-9pm hour of Bionix next week.

Also, why isn't there a talkback for the Canadian airing? Does it have to be confined to the speculation thread?

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is great! I thought this won't air until next year, but now that it aired in elsewhere in the world, that means it was a easy for me to get to see it!

This episode was.......wow. I'm glad Zuko joined, but man, is there a lot of tension! There have been episodes where good and evil worked together or the villain joined the fight for good, but of all the cartoons to do it, Avatar did it right.
    I think everything that people expected to happen did happen. And I'm glad they did. It'd be really wierd if they welcomed him in open arms.
    And pretty soon, Zuko's going to have to learn their names.

B/B+.

3. asphaltviking64

asphaltviking64 High Inquisitor of soup

I saw it amid a lot of noise at my house and I loved this alot.

Zuko's attempt at befriending Toph was funny and accidently burning her feet.

Zuko talking to a turtle-frog introducing himself and saying sorry was also rich and a big WTF moment as I thought that it was a commercial.

The Western Air Temple is now the coolest place ever because of the way it's located.

A-

4. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

i saw it too

5. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 Active Member

Excuse me? Your opinion on character aside, Katara has very good reason to hate Zuko. He basically spilled his guts out to her, made her all sorry for him...and then turned on her and, in effect, helped Azula kill Aang. Katara is very protective of Aang, and since Zuko is partially responsible for killing him before, it's little wonder she'd threaten him to stay in line.

6. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

no, i meant to say that itd be cool if he said that, and that he shouldve said that, because he knows hes changed and when someone threatens your life you dont just stand there, i mean come on he dint even Glare at her
    (that wouldve been enough)

7. Rasputin

Rasputin Self-Declared Expert

Zuko still feels the need to make amends. As much as he's gone over to the good guys, I'm sure he still feels an immense amount of guilt for the things he'd done. He's not going to respond to the abuse hurled at him because he's certain on some level that he deserves it. As one can manifestly tell from the last 52 episodes he has a humongous inferiority complex. He's going to bend over backwards to accommodate himself into the group.

He's going to chin up and take the abuse from Katara especially, because he hurt her worst of all. He betrayed her trust. With the lengths he's gone through to gain the respect of his father, he's going to be prepared to go through as many lengths to gain the respect of Katara and the rest of the Gaang. When he sets his mind on a goal, he never wavers, and gaining the trust of the Avatar and his friends is his goal right now. He knows, as we've seen from his strenuous attempts to gain the Gaang's trust already, that it's going to be hard going, but he's not going to jinx it by crossing the heart and soul of the group.

8. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja Member

Zuko's already on a thin line as it is with the Gang's trust, he will not try to jeopardize it even more. And I'm sure he understands her hatred towards him enough to choose not to argue his case. He himself acknowledges the awful way he's acted throughout the series.

So yeah, Katara is totally justified with her threat towards him.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I guess we can safely say that Zutara is no longer possible, and I think it's going to look pretty wierd.

I like Katara's threat in the end. It almost makes me want to see Zuko betray them, so I can see how Katara's going to kill him.

But no, I'm glad Zuko's in the group now. All we need now is probably a ep of training, and then we're good to go.

Has anyone notice how in most anime, a rival/enemy ends of joining the side of good? Just like they did here.
    Just wanted to point that out.

10. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

It is very revealing of what Mike and Bryan think of Haru, Teo, and the Duke staying long term with the gAang, when Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph had no problem talking about their plans without those three. They will be gone soon. When they left to go find Toph (I think, I don't remember), it was kids in a horror movie, I didn't think we would see them again. I am just kidding, but they could end up like Lee from Jeong Jeong's group. Again just kidding, but they will be gone.

Here is my review of the episodes, which I saw online.

I just saw it. It was excellent. Zuko was so funny practicing talking to the group, Dante Basco finally showed his Jake Long side in this series. And the animal thing Zuko was talking to, reminded me of Crogunk.

Is CM dead? I hope so, it is time to move on to move on to new opponents, mainly Fire Lord Ozai. How cool was it to see another flashback.

Aang also had to deal with his past demons, he didn't want a Fire Bending teacher period, but now he accepts his fate, as does Zuko. There has been a connection to those two characters from the beginning.

#810 zoombie, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  11. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 Active Member

Bloodbending, baby! :evil:

And I wonder if Combustian Man's really dead. I wouldn't mind if he was, but after the build-up of his threat level, it does seem a little anti-climactic to have him go out this way...

12. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Some speculation.

13. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hey, where did you hear this and when is it supposed to air? I just checked Nickelodeon's website and they're showing more Tak and Barnyard stuff where Avatar is supposed to be.

-- Ed

14. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja Member

I heard it from a couple of the tv.com editors. I suppose they were wrong then. Sorry. :sweat:

15. Juu-kuchi

Apparently in the Pedia-Wiki the next Avatar episode's name would be "The Firebending Master", and would air on 28 December.

Strange, since Zuko, while considered a firebender, I'm not sure is considered a 'master'.

16. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

Well... there is another Firebending master running around out there who is definitely not on the Fire Nation's side on the war. Two, if you count Jeong Jeong.

17. Juu-kuchi

Unless Iroh comes out of nowhere and declares Zuko a Firebending Master.

18. dawnyoshi

dawnyoshi Lurking and hating since 2002!

I actually thought the latest episode was pretty bad, sans the last minute of the episode. This, along with the day of the black sun, has led to a huge disappointment in season 3. A shame too, since it started out feeling very fresh.

19. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to an Avatar fansite, the next episode will air on Canada's YTV on the 28th of December.