1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The official "Avatar the last airbender" speculation thread.

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by I.R Joey, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

It could mean a lot of different things. Even with The Cave of Two Lovers, I never got the feeling that Katara was into Aang romantically. She just cares deeply for the kid and when he kissed her, she wasn't expecting that and was quite confused/ambivalent.

With Zuko probably joining the Gaang, while I won't predict a Zutura ship, I most definitely think he will come between Kataraang in some sort of way. Despite everything that has happened, I think Aang might welcome Zuko in the group before anyone else does and I think that if Zuko starts eying Aang's woman, there will be conflict...

2. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Interesting.

Honestly I think Katara had a bunch of conflicting emotions during that part. She likes Aang as a friend, she might like him romatically, possibly on a level she's not even aware of yet, she's scared of changing their relationship, they're about to go off to fight a battle, and of course it was just the suprise of it all. That frown that she had on her face could mean so many things.

As for a love triangle, I always interpreted that look Aang gave Zuko when he and Iroh rescued him as a "Step off my lady punk" sort of look. Maybe I'm wrong though. This should be interesting.

I hope they have a nice talk about this in an upcoming episode.

3. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

This is all possible, but I don't think we'll really know for sure until new eps start airing. It's worth pointing out that she was surprised at first, but she did start participating in the kiss by the end. Katara's never been one to be shy about hiding her feelings. If it wasn't something she wanted, she'd have pushed him away.

I think it's also plausible to interpret her look as a, "Why didn't we say these things sooner because now we may never see each other again?" look of regret. If only she knew she's a primary character and is even providing the narration in the opening credits. I don't think she'd be as worried, then ;).

Really? See, I just thought it was a "don't mess with me" look. At that point, Aang didn't know anything at all about Zuko's spiritual crisis. To Aang, Zuko was the guy who'd been chasing him and making his life miserable for the better part of a year. To me, the only reason why he didn't attack Zuko openly was because of Uncle Iroh.

Also, no matter how mature they act, Aang is still only 12 and Katara is only 14. Even Zuko is supposed to be only 16. Anything Aang and Katara do is still pretty much puppy love from all I can see, which means its subject to change.

-- Ed

4. catlove390

catlove390 Member

OH Lord........I sure hope this doesn't eventually turn into a fighting thread over who should be with who, WHY they should/should NOT be with whoever, ect, ect...No offense to anyone, but Avatar fans are just SAVAGES when it comes to "shipping" or whatever anyone wants to call it...If you ask me, I think that the Avatar fans are worse than the Danny Phantom fans, which is one of the reasons why I am glad that Danny Phantom is over now. :eek: I just hope this thread won't come to arguing/fighting..YIKES!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Cat

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

That wasn't necessary. There's been no fighting over shipping so far. No need for a pre-emptive "UGH!" comment and a slam against Avatar shippers. As long as everyone's respectful of others' opinions on this subject, there shouldn't be a problem.

6. catlove390

catlove390 Member

I'm sorry...I did not mean anything, I was just worried about that kind of thing, that's all.

cat

7. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

Azula has yet to do anything to show that she's disloyal to her father & country. However, I would still never rule out the possibility of her usurping the throne. Going back to the flashbacks in Zuko Alone, she harbored hatred for Iroh for being a 'quitter' and not finishing the job at Ba Sing Se. I totally believe if she found out her father showed any weakness, she would 'remove' him from the throne.

Something related to this I just thought about rewatching DoBS tonight, how would she react to Ozai allowing Zuko to escape a lightning blast if she ever found out about it?

Right now I'm just waiting for the first moment where she begins for find displeasure for Ozai, cuz I know it coming!:evil:

8. SapphirePrima

SapphirePrima Member

I really hope we get to see Iroh and Ozai interaction whether it be past or present. I want to see what kind of siblings they are.

Was Iroh or Ozai favorited more bu Azulon?

9. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

Actually, Azula is in excellent position to overthrow her her father for the throne. Iroh was passed over and Zuko's birthright could be revoked due to treason. Hence Azula is the next successor to the throne. Ozai played a hand in his own father's death. Karma could come back to bite him. Azula is patient and calculating. I'm certain she's entertaining thoughts of becoming Fire Lord. This could play out either way, hence the reason Avatar is a great series for speculation.

Chances are Aang will face Ozai and defeat him. He pleads to Azula for help and she kills him or leaves him to die (a la Sozin and Roku).

10. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

will new eps resume in February?

11. Charles Chimag

Charles Chimag I also find this amusing!

February?! After 10 straight weeks, I'm dependent on the new stuff! Need... eps...

Ahem. Yeah, Azula probably will take the throne. I mean, there's no reason for her not to. She's evil, power-hungry, and just as powerful as her dear old dad.

12. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

If the spoilers I've read for the next episode are true, it don't look like that's going to happen.

13. ManeFested

ManeFested Master Of All 4 Elements

The way it looks right now i believe that Zuko will be the Fire Lord once Ozzai is defeated

14. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!

Not really speculation, but I didn't think this warranted its own thread. I spotted a few Avatar cosplayers at the New York Anime Fest this past weekend, but the only one I managed to get a picture of was this Katara in Fire Nation disguise:

[​IMG]

(Click for the bigger version, where you can even see her blue contacts)

I also spotted her earlier that day while I was rushing off to a panel taking pictures with someone dressed in a killer Azula outfit, but I wasn't able to get the pic at the time. She was back the next day in full Water Tribe costuming, and there was another Katara walking the floor in a slightly less impressive costume, too.

-- Ed

15. Charles Chimag

Charles Chimag I also find this amusing!

*pondering* The good thing about Avatar is since it follows a storyline, we don't have to deal with a stupid Avatar Christmas special.

That cosplaying is interesting. Very good costume.

16. Speedy Cerviche

YTV up here in Canada just aired western air temple and it was a good episode. Not as big as day of black sun, more charater focused then plot focused (although at least one season 3 plot line is resolved), again good episode.

17. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja Member

Indeed, but it was a bit too predictable. Hopefully they'll continue to air new episodes regularly.

18. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

Realy!!!?, why does america have to wait til febuary?

19. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja Member

It's supposed to air next week for U.S. residents.

20. catlove390

catlove390 Member

Wait....:confused: Western Air Temple airs Next week in the USA? :confused: When? :confused: Next Friday? :confused: Please clear this up..thank you.

Cat