The "Nintendo Switch" News and Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

It totally counts.

Speaking of, my apathetic, non-Metroid loving self bought a copy of Federation Force new, so I take full credit for this "revival" :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

No it doesn't. Back to your corner heathen.

3. Scrappy-Fan92

Yes it does. The "it's non-traditional so it doesn't count" mentality has no place here. Let's all just be happy that in the span of three or so years, we'll have gotten a spin-off with possible relevance to the main plot, an official remake of a cult classic, and a new traditional entry into the Prime sub-series. We don't need to dwell on prior "mistakes" any longer.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #323 Scrappy-Fan92, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  4. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Yesterday, I asked...

Since then, I contacted Nintendo about this, and they replied that, at the moment, they don't know whether or not Super Mario Maker for Switch/DX will be released. However, they're going to pass my comments on to the departments.

5. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Those Zelda amiibo, are they going to be widely available, or are they pulling their exclusive crap again? And will they actually do something?

Then again, the others were wide release, and I still missed out on the guardian one. Never got the bokoblin either. I just can't pay scalper prices.

6. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

During any of the live presentations on YouTube, commenters were questioning whether or not Super Smash Bros. for Switch would also come. Maybe I should also ask Nintendo about this.

Anyway, do you think Smash for Switch will come sometime?

7. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Scrappy-Fan92

It will come in its own time. Whether it's a super-port of the 3DS and Wii U games' content, or an entirely new game is to be determined.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering how long it took to get a new Super Smash Bros. game, I'm leading more towards being a port of the Wii U version at the moment. It could go either way, but I agree it will definitely end up on the Switch eventually. It's far too profitable and popular to not include the game on the system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Word is getting around that the first batch of good DLC for Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be available at midnight eastern time, if you really cannot wait.

Also, the new hard mode apparently has its own saves parallel to the standard quest. No need to worry about losing progress or doing that on another profile.

11. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Just like Arms last month, Splatoon 2 is getting a Nintendo Direct ahead of its release. The Direct will be airing this Thursday, July 6 at 10AM ET/7AM PT.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MDawg

The Splatoon 2 Direct has started. It can be viewed on YouTube live now or later.

13. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Okay, everybody, don't panic, but the Super Mario Odyssey boxart has been updated slightly.

As the article points out, the "sombrero Mario" reference has been replaced by a swimming scene.

Now, before anyone jumps to conclusions, please bear in mind that this could have happened for any reason. Until Nintendo makes a statement (if at all), we should assume that it was just a coincidence. Whatever happens though, I personally think it's most likely that the sombrero costume won't be removed or anything.

14. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Just a minor marketing decision, I'm sure it's nothing to really speculate about. I get the impression there are entire open areas that have connections to costumes / suits / power-ups Mario can wear, & I can't imagine them tearing out any substantial part of the game at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mandouga

I hope it isn't...

16. MDawg

There's a Nintendo Direct this Wednesday with new details about Mario Odyssey and upcoming Switch and 3DS titles.

17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder what's left to reveal for Mario Odyssey. I feel like we have a lot of info already. Maybe they saved some big reveal for the last minute.

18. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

I'm sure Nintendo has a few things left up their sleeves (i.e. a possible additional playable character once you beat the game).

19. Mandouga

IMO, they'll likely give everyone more details about how amiibo will work, and of course, there may be some new surprises that they haven't revealed yet.

Not that I'm expecting anything, but maybe (repeat: MAYBE) they might talk about either "Virtual Console" on the Switch or something like it. They previously mentioned that the subscription service will have classic games with online multiplayer, but I do hope there will be something for those who either don't have, can't have, or don't want the subscription service. Also, I am KIND of hoping they add You Tube at least (i.e., I won't ask for something like Netflix). They recently added Nico Nico to the Switch in Japan. Most of all however, it would be nice if they had something at least similar to Miiverse (for all ages, of course), but considering that Miiverse on both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is ending (along with a possible reason why*), something tells me I might be asking for too much...

Also, and this is likely just me, but I personally don't like how they've been referring to recent games as "the [name of game] game". They've been doing this for some time now. Do they have to keep saying "the Super Mario Odyssey game" (for instance)? What's wrong with just saying "Super Mario Odyssey"? Most people will know that it's a game, and not, say, and app of some kind. Who exactly are they trying to address? You know, game players over 13 aren't going to be the only ones learning about new games on Nintendo systems. Or maybe it's some kind of legal thing? It might just be me, but personally something just doesn't feel...right about that...

*IMO, I think it might be ending because of too many people breaking the rules over the years, and/or treating Miiverse like a social media site (which it was never meant to be, and which some websites keep calling it). Heck, some people were actually requesting that Miiverse relax the rules (i.e, make an exception) for communities for M-rated games, which misses the point completely. I believe some people wanted a general (i.e., off topic) community, and I think Nintendo was considering it, but decided not to do it. One thing is certain, some people either didn't understand what Miiverse was really about, while others didn't want to understand. Furthermore, it could be that for the above reasons, Nintendo ultimately had to choose between ending it, or leaving everyone under 13 (i.e., making so that anyone under 13 couldn't take part anymore)...

20. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Praying for an announcement of Animal Crossing on the Switch...