1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The new generation of Murdochs....

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by robert, May 11, 2001.

1. robert

robert Member

Well, since that dastardly FOX boss Rupert Murdoch was so prominent in Warner Academy 2, it appears I have to mention the master of trash's next move....an heir. Reportingly he has phoned family members saying that he and his third wife are expecting a child{insert scream here}..and the guy is 70 years old. Word is that his wife would take over if Murdoch passed on before the child is 18, but that would be a financial mess considering his other kids. But if the child is over 20 when it's Daddy goes to the next life, the child takes control right away, that would give Rupert just enough time to pass on his...unique ideas for shows and for control to the next generation. Gee, and 2015 was supposed to be good for the Warners and friends{if the future shown in "Once and Future Warners" still exists, that is}but now, I don't know...

2. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I hate to sound ignorant, but...

Who is Rupert Murdoch? I know I should know him, the name is SO familar, but what is he responsible for?

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Rupert Murdoch...

...is the guy pretty much responsible for the Fox network, the Fox news channel, etc. etc. He's from Austrailia, is a somewhat notorious conservative (explaining why Fox News has a decidedly right-wing bent) and owns media outlets all over the world. Tons of 'em... he wields a scary amount of power, in fact. He also tends to get the blame for okaying crap TV such as "World's Scariest Police Chases" "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire" and "Temptation Island."

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Re: Rupert Murdoch...

Sure nice to know there will be somebody to pick up his mantle, isn't it! :)

5. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

This is freaky...

...because I was just thinking earlier today it might be interesting to see the Warners go against Rupert Murdoch Jr., in a story somewhat akin to Batman Beyond"s "Ascension" (Derek/Blight and his estranged son Paxton)... or possibly the Static Shock ep "Junior". Of course I had no idea if ol' Rupe has kids or what they're like. It's worthy to note that a lot of KWB shows depict parents and children at odds--Beyond in particular having at least one case of each patricide and matricide. :eek:

I'm not sure I'm keen on late-life fatherhood as a whole...it seems to me that a father wants to be young enough to watch his kids grow up, play basketball/baseball with them, read to them, teach them about the birds and bees. What man would want to father a kid knowing he might croak before junior reaches puberty? :(

6. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Well, aside from any conscious changes the Warners/Axel made after their return from the possible future of OAFW, the future seen there should still (their changes aside) exist more-or-less, since the Warners' "comeback" future hinged on Minerva replacing Plotz as CEO of the studio at some point between now and 2015, and instituting various progresive sweeping changes to the KWB lineup. In a part I was going to have posted in that story (which I accidentially deleted), I had the future-Warners mention Plotz having retired outright (noting how old Plotz must be, if he's been there since either the twenties [as per "The Warners' 65th Anniversary Special"] or the sixties ["Back in Style"], depending on which you believe)...

That pointless bit of time-travel logistics aside, I guess we should wish the rapidly-aging Murdoch good luck...and then go back to trashing the likes of "Boot Camp" afterwards ;-)

-B.