1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner The New Batman/Scooby-Doo Adventures or What's The Fuss, Anubis? (Batman TAS/Scooby-Doo)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Lord Pumpkin, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Lord Pumpkin

Lord Pumpkin Member

THENEW BATMAN/SCOOBY-DOO ADVENTURES
    OR
    WHAT’S THE FUSS, ANUBIS

Written by Patrick Moore

Basedon an idea from Peter W. Guerin/Doc Forbin

Allcharacters are owned by their respected owners.

We open with the opening to “Batman: TAS,” then we get the“Scooby-Doo: Mysteries Incorporated” opening.

The title “The New Batman/Scooby-Doo Adventures” appear onthe screen with the Scooby gang running in the background.

Act1
    “Reunion In Gotham City…sort of”

Ext-Crystal Cove Park-Day

We see Mysteries Incorporated and other backgroundcharacters watching something happen on the large stage, as we see MayorNettles (S2) walk on stage.
    MAYOR NETTLES
    Hello, everybody, andwelcome to the first ever Batman Day in Crystal Cove.
    Everybody cheers, as we cut to the Scooby Gang, as we seeFred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby-Doo looking puzzled.

VELMA
    Jinkies! It’s abouttime Crystal Cove gave a day to Batman and Robin, since we helped them threetimes fight the Joker and Penguin.
    FRED
    Gang, do you thinkthis is kind of strange that Mayor Nettles is doing this? I never saw Batman in Crystal Cove.
    DAPHNE
    Sure, Batman’s anicon, but this isn’t like Batman has a Bat Credit Card or anything.
    SHAGGY
    I sure hope they haveBat Cookies.
    SCOOBY-DOO
    Reah!
    Cut back to Mayor Nettles, who is sweating, as she takes outa cloth from her pocket. She drops thecloth to the ground. We cut to the clothas we see the dirt on it move.

MAYOR NETTLES
    Now, let Batman Daybegin!
    Everyone cheers, as we see Velma looking strange as shewalks to the cloth that Nettles dropped. She could see the dirt move as well.

VELMA
    Mayor Nettles, youdropped your cloth.
    Mayor Nettles snatches the handkerchief out of Velma’s hand,and gives her and angered look.

MAYOR NETTLES
    Give me that, brat!
    VELMA
    You’re not MayorNettles! She’s nice to us when we solvemysteries. I know who you really are.
    Mayor Nettles’ eyes turn clear yellow, as she clasp Velma’sarm tight. The Gang runs up to help, but“Nettles’” arm turns into a large blade.

MAYOR NETTLES
    One move, MysteryPunks, or the Daria Morgendorffer rip-off gets it!
    FRED
    Mystery Punks?! And I thought The Planeteers had their namesinsulted as worse.
    DAPHNE
    What’s happening toThe Mayor?
    Mayor Nettles began to change shape, as she melted into ahuge mound of clay, as the clay throws Velma off stage.

SHAGGY
    Zoinks!!! It’s Clayface!!!
    CLAYFACE
    You were expectingthe Putty Patrol, Hippie?
    People began running, as Fred and Daphne run towards Velma.

DAPHNE
    You okay, Velma?
    VELMA
    Daphne, we tangledwith a monster made of wax before. Clay,that’s another story. Did you hear thatClayface called me a Daria rip-off?
    FRED
    Never mind that,Velma, we got to find the real Mayor Nettles.
    VOICE
    Don’t worry. She’s safe.
    The Gang looks up to see a bat shaped plane, and fourfigures come out of it. We find out itsBatman, Robin, Batgirl, and Nightwing, as they land on the ground to confrontthe villain.

SHAGGY
    Zoinks! It’s the Dark Knight himself.
    FRED
    He looks differentthe last time we teamed up with him.
    VELMA
    And he sound clearerthan Christian Bale.
    BATMAN
    Hey! Don’t compare me to Bale.
    CLAYFACE
    Time to die, Batman!
    BATMAN
    I see you gotyourself back together, Hagen, since the Justice League’s battle with you andthe Secret Society, a few months back.
    CLAYFACE
    I still have a scoreto settle with the Flash as well for what he did to me. Do you know how long it took me to get backtogether?
    NIGHTWING
    Shut up and fight,Hagen.
    Clayface’s arms morph into a mace with spikes on one arm anda sword like blade on the other, as he attacks the Batman family.

The Scooby Gang runs toward Sheriff Stone, who is eating acheeseburger, and cheering on Batman.

FRED
    Sheriff Stone, aren’tyou going to do something?
    SHERIFF STONE
    Jones, this is thebest stunt show I’ve seen. I’m not goingto have you delinquents ruin this for me.
    VELMA
    This isn’t a stuntshow, you idiot! It’s real!!!
    We see Nightwing get thrown into Sheriff Stone’s police carby Clayface. As Clayface is about to endNightwing’s life, a large bolt of electricity hits Hagen, knocking outcompletely.

FRED
    Good work, Batman.
    BATMAN
    That wasn’t me; itwas a special secret weapon I picked up.
    Batman points in the sky, as we see Static and Gear fly by,as they landed on the ground near Clayface.

BATMAN
    Thanks, Static.
    STATIC
    Thank goodness youcalled us about this Clayface character.
    GEAR
    Thank goodness heisn’t a huge pile of…
    STATIC
    Think about the kids,Gear.

Static turns to the camera, as he breaks the 4[SUP]th[/SUP]wall.

BATGIRL
    What’s Matt Hagendoing here Crystal Cove anyway?
    ROBIN
    Clayface is wakingup.
    Gear takes out a large collar out of Backpack, and puts itaround Clayface’s neck.

VELMA
    What is that?
    GEAR
    It’s a special collarto shut down his shape shifting powers, until he gets sent back to ArkhamAsylum.
    BATMAN
    What are you doinghere, Hagen?
    CLAYFACE
    This is the first ofyour end and the rest of the planet, Batman. You can’t stop us.
    BATMAN
    Want to bet onit? Who are you working for?
    CLAYFACE
    None of yourbusiness, Bat. You’ll soon find out.
    Clayface fall into unconsciousness, as a Gotham City PoliceBlimp appears on the scene.

VELMA
    Batman, what aboutthe real Mayor Nettles?
    BATMAN
    We found her boundand gagged in clay at her house. We weretracking down a robbery that happened in Townsville a few nights ago.
    FRED
    Did the PowerpuffGirls find out what was stolen?
    BATMAN
    They said it was the AnubisHead…again. They went to Mojo Jojo, whostolen it twice, but he didn’t do it this time. The Girls called me to get on the case, since they’re busy on other cases.I heard you kids solve mysteries. I needall the help we can get, but stay out of the way of major threats.
    FRED
    You can count on us,Batman
    SCOOBY-DOO
    Reah!
    VELMA
    Who would steal theAnubis Head, if Mojo didn’t do it?
    Ext-Abandoned Candy Factory-Night

We cut inside to see The Joker dancing with the Anubis Headin his hands, as Harley Quinn is sitting down eating old candy corn out of abarrel.

HARLEY QUINN
    Mista J, why are youdancing with a dog’s head?
    JOKER
    Harl, this “dog’shead” is the famous Anubis Head bust I spent a few nights stealing past thoseblasted Powerpuff Brats’ eyes. As soonas our mystery benefactor arrives to pick it up, we’ll get paid.
    VOICE
    At least you didn’tscrew it up, Joker.
    JOKER
    He’s here!
    HARLEY QUINN
    Who?
    We see only a shadowy figure over some boxes looking at thetwo villains.

SHADOWY FIGURE
    I need the AnubisHead to complete my master plan. Clayface was a distraction for Batman and his Gotham Nerds to keep busy,while I sent Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy for the next part of my plan.
    JOKER
    What is your master plan anyway?
    SHADOWY FIGURE
    Soon, you and therest of the world will be a part of the greatest plan for world dominationever.
    The figure laughs evilly, as we fade to black.

END OF ACT ONE

2. Lord Pumpkin

Lord Pumpkin Member

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

We see clips and pics of Neil Armstrong, as the song “Man onthe Moon” is playing in the background, including the famous moon landing. We now hear Peter Cullen, the voice of OptimusPrime, begin to speak.

PETER CULLEN
    In 2012 of this year, we lost a great man who madehistory. This fanfiction is dedicated toyou, Neil Armstrong.

NEIL ARMSTRONG
    That’s one small stepfor man, one giant leap for mankind.

We fade to black, as we see the name of Neil Armstrong withthe year of his birth to death, as the song continues playing.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

We see ice skater, Brian Botano, just getting done skatingat the end of an ice show. He heads tohis locker room, as he sees some familiar faces.

BRIAN
    Oh no! Not you boys again!
    We see that the boys are Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman from“South Park.”

STAN
    Brian. The killer mutant turkeys are back, and areplanning world domination.
    KYLE
    What would you do,Brian?
    BRIAN
    (Beat) Look, kids…
    The boys all have puppy dog eye faces, as Brian groans andface palms his face.

ANNOUNCER
    Coming soon to afanfiction site this Thanksgiving…”South Park: Revenge of the Killer MutantTurkeys.”
    ACT TWO
    Mad Ivy, PoisonHatter
    Ext-Gotham City-Night

We see the Mystery Machine driving the streets ofGotham. Just then, we see Speed Racer inthe Mach 5 driving towards them.

SPEED RACER
    So, we meet again,stupid Scooby Gang.
    VELMA
    Jinkies! It’s that classic anime jerk who drove us offthe road that one time.
    Fred
    Why in Gotham?
    SPEED RACER
    Want to race again?
    FRED
    That was Megas XLRthat raced us, Speed.
    SPEED RACER
    That giant Americanrip-off of classic anime robot will pay.
    Speaking of which, Megas appears out of nowhere, grabs theMach 5, and throws it towards a race track where the Wacky Races are holding areunion charity race. We see PenelopePitstop, now in her forties, attack Speed with her umbrella*”

*Since Peter/Doc Forbin is doing aScooby-Doo/Wacky Races crossover, this is sort of a comedic teaser.

We now cut back to the Gang and Megas.

FRED
    ThanksCoop.
    COOP
    You’rewelcome, Fred. At least the writerremembers our first meeting*.
    *Megas and the Mystery Machine did race ina famous Cartoon Network ad bumper.

JAMIE
    Webetter get paid for this cameo, Coop. Wealready had been cancelled by that brat Ben 10.
    COOP
    Jamie,this is a fanfiction. We don’t get paid.
    JAMIE
    What?!

While that is going on, we cut to the Batcave where Batmanis on his computer, as his butler/friend, Alfred Pennyworth, his walking towardsThe Dark Knight with a tray with a cup of coffee.

ALFRED
    Here’s some coffee,Sir, you’ll need it.
    BATMAN
    No thanks,Alfred. I’m trying to figure out thiswhole Anubis Head thing and what Clayface said.
    ALFRED
    Do you think Ra’s AlGhul is back?
    BATMAN
    I haven’t heard fromhim since me and Superman’s final battle with him.
    ALFRED
    I kind of wanted toknow how that bust got fixed two times after it was shattered twice during thePowerpuff Girls battle with that super chimp.
    FEMALE VOICE
    There’s time to talkabout that later, Alfred.
    Batman and Alfred turn to see Batgirl running towards them.

BATMAN
    What is it, Batgirl?
    BATGIRL
    You aren’t going to believethis, but downtown Gotham is being attacked by plant zombies.
    BATMAN AND ALFRED
    Plant zombies?
    BATGIRL
    Want to bet PoisonIvy is up to her old tricks again.
    BATMAN
    The last time we sawIvy, she was washed to sea with her plant people.
    ALFRED
    And you married one.

Batman glares at the butler to be quiet, as he turns back toBatgirl.

BATMAN
    We better get downtownto see what’s going on.
    Batman and Batgirl get inside the Batmoble, as it drivesoff. Alfred walks to the huge computerand turns on Iron Chef.

EXT-Downtown Gotham City-Night

We see people running from an army of green zombies. In the background, we see the Warner Bros andSister being chased by Ralph the Guard, as the Animaniacs theme is playing.

We now see from the rooftop, The Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy,standing while watching the chaos down below. Ivy now looks like her version from The Batman Strikes cartoon.

MAD HATTER
    Look at our zombiesgo, Ivy. Isn’t it lovely?
    POISON IVY
    With my plantshybrids and your mind control chips in them, those Gotham fools don’t know thatthose zombies are just innocent people under our control.
    BATGIRL’S VOICE
    Thanks for telling usthat.
    The two villains turn to see Batman and Batgirl jump kickthem to the ground.

MAD HATTER
    Batman and Bratgirl!
    BATGIRL
    I hate being calledthat, Tetch.
    BATMAN
    Why are you doingthis to these people, Ivy?
    POISON IVY
    Like I’m going to doright now, Batman.
    Ivy fires a small metal seed with her mini crossbow, hittingBatgirl. The seed moves to behind herneck, as roots begin to grow planting itself in her skin.

BATMAN
    Batgirl!!!
    Batgirl begins to mutate as her skin turns green, her eyesclear yellow, and leaves growing out of her skin.

MAD HATTER
    Batgirl Zombie, killthe Batman!
    We cut to Batman’s POV, as we see the zombie Batgirl lungeat him, as we fade to black.

END OF ACT TWO

3. Lord Pumpkin

Lord Pumpkin Member

ACT THREE

Plant Zombies and Meddling Kids

We see Mysteries Inc driving through Downtown Gotham, asthey spot an army of plant zombies chasing people.

SHAGGY
    It’s Zombie Islandall over again, but in plant form.
    DAPHNE
    Where’s Batman?
    Just then, we see Batman land on the ground, followed by theplant zombie Batgirl. The Dark Knightturns to see the Gang.

BATMAN
    Get out of here,Kids! Poison Ivy and the Mad Hatter arebehind this!
    FRED
    Let us help you takedown those villains.
    BATMAN
    No! Hatter and Ivy are dangerous villains, andyou’ll get hurt or worse!
    Batman throws Plant Zombie Batgirl to a nearby wall, as Batmanlooks to see Hatter and Ivy come towards them.

MAD HATTER
    Those brats with you,Batman, do look familiar.
    POISON IVY
    Forget the brats,Tetch, we can turn them into plant zombies.
    MAD HATTER
    Fine by me, Ivy.
    As Ivy plans to launch another metal seed, Velma throws whatlooks like a Scooby Snack at Ivy, as Scooby-Doo jumps on her.

POISON IVY
    Get off me, youdrooling mutt!
    VELMA
    Scooby’s not a mutt;he’s one of the gang.
    The Mad Hatter begins running off, but Batman throws aBatarang at him, crashing him to the ground. Batman grabs Hatter’s hat and crushes it, as we see Batgirl and the restof the plant zombies return to normal. We now see Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, and Rene Montoya with some otherGCPD enter the scene.

JIM GORDON
    Good work, Batman. Hatter and Ivy will be back in Arkham withClayface in a few minutes. (Turns to Mysteries Inc) You kids must be thosemystery solvers from Crystal Cove.
    FRED
    We sure are, Sir.
    BULLOCK
    I always thought itwas Coolsville.
    MONTOYA
    Can it, Harvey.
    JIM GORDON
    Batman, we gotreports that The Joker and Harley Quinn are up to something at the Hanna-Barbarabuilding.
    BATMAN
    What is that clown upto now?
    JIM GORDON
    Someone saw them goto the rooftop of the building.
    BATMAN
    I’ll deal with them.
    FRED
    What about us?
    BATMAN
    You kids try and findthe Anubis Head, me and Batgirl will handle Joker and Harley.
    The Gang nods their heads in agreement, as they went back tothe Mystery Machine and drove off, while Batman and Batgirl head to the H-BBuilding.

We now cut to Batman and Batgirl at the H-B building, asthey begin to climb up the side of the building. Minutes later, we hear some familiar music inthe background, as two familiar teenage girls open the window to see Batman andBatgirl climbing up their building.

BATGIRL
    Hey, aren’t you…
    Yes, it’s Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane.

DARIA
    You were expectingthe Green Hornet and Kato, or Col. Klink?
    JANE
    Santa Clause, SammyDavis Jr., Don Ho, Lurch…
    DARIA
    The readers get thereference, Jane.
    JANE
    Sorry, I’m just asucker of nostalgia form the 60’s
    DARIA
    What’s going on,Batman?
    BATMAN
    The Joker and HarleyQuinn are up there, and we got to stop them.
    JANE
    Thank goodness you’renot wearing the batsuit with the nipples, Batman.
    BATMAN
    What?
    DARIA
    Never mind her, Batman, just get the Joker.
    BATMAN
    Thanks, girls.
    JANE
    Don’t forget the usethe Biffs and Pows.
    BATGIRL
    Sure will
    Batman and Batgirl continue climbing, until they finally getto the rooftop. They spot The Joker withhis goons working on something.

BATGIRL
    What is Joker up to?
    BATMAN
    It looks like they’redrawing a pentagram.
    VOICE
    That’s correct,Batman.
    Batman and Batgirl turn to see that the voice belongs to…

BATMAN
    You!
    We finally see who the mysterious figure who was talking toJoker and Harley in Act 1 is revealed to be no other that Scrappy Cornelius Doo.

SCRAPPY
    That’s right, I’m back.
    BATGIRL
    Didn’t you try tokill Mysteries Inc years ago?
    SCRAPPY
    Right, Bratgirl. But youtwo aren’t part of my master plan.
    We see Joker’s henchmen run towards our heroes. Batman and Batgirl fight off the goons, whileScrappy runs to Joker.

SCRAPPY
    Joker, give me theAnubis Head and cast the spell!
    JOKER
    I don’t think so,brat mutt. I’ll think I’ll take the headand give it a spin.
    SCRAPPY
    Idiot! You don’t howmuch power is in that head, and the causes!
    Joker kicks Scrappy into Batman, as The Clown Prince ofCrime raises the Anubis Head to the now dark sky. He begins to say some magical chant, as abolt of lightning hits the head. Suddenly,Joker begins to transform into the Egyptian god of the underworld himself,Anubis, with a Joker style look to him.

HARLEY
    Mista J? Are you okay?
    JOKER ANUBIS
    I feel great, Harley. Now all I need is an army to lead.
    Joker Anubis points his finger at his goons, as he shootsthem with a red beam of light, turning them into dog humanoids in Egyptianarmor. Batman and Batgirl look in shockat what just happened.

BATMAN
    Joker, what have youdone?
    We now see Joker Anubis and his army walk towards the cameraas we fade to black, and the words TO BE CONTINUED… appear on the black screenas credits roll.