1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Neverending Post!

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Fish, May 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Aspiring artist

I write and draw....I'm trying to sell short fiction and get a comic book series going, but you can't approach most companies without published clips. Trouble is, you can't get published clips without finding some venue to publish your work to begin with. I tried the campus newspaper, but that was...well...ill-fated to say the least. (Long tearworthy story.)
    The Hitch story reminds me oddly of a Jeff Foxworthy routine on how to scare the devil out of folks in elevators: have a friend say as they get on, "All right, I'll take your case..but why'd you kill the guy?" " 'Cuz he kept staring at the back of my head!" :p

2. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

Man, ever since the announced closure, people have been avoiding this thread for fear of making it go away. Come on everyone, lets enjoy it while we've got it! Post your uselessness!!!:)

3. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

And have i ever met anyone cool? Why, i'd have to say all the people i care about are cool, including everyone at these boards. So stay cool everybody:)

4. TuffyCatt

TuffyCatt Half Kneazle

Since this thread seem to be slowing down, I guess I'll post something.

I haven't ever met anyone famous or anything. I think one of the most interesting people I met was this person I went to see in a mandatory concert at a camp I went to this summer. I wasn't really looking forward to going the concert because I felt that I couldn't really get too excited about going to see someone sing who simply called herself the "Australian Rock Chick". But her music actually ended being pretty good.

Anyway, I'm sure I've met some people who are cooler than that...I just can't think of any right now. I did see Robin Williams when I was on a field trip to Washington D.C. once. He was doing something at the Kennedy Center. But my darn teacher wouldn't let any of us go up and talk to him. :mad:

5. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

Narrative Of Soul Against Soul

to the wounded: i have seen the self image that they've forced you to reduce to shattered glass, with the only remaining value lying in its jagged edges. but the few who warrant waking for await their recognition. no fear of death but with fear of life, your weakness fills everyone. so live. angels for everyone. for no lack of searching i can't seem to find one. angels in everyone. what of all their promises? can't seem to find much more than lies. angels in anyone. a permanent solution to a temporary problem. before i'd lay me down to rest, i'd throw away everything to live.

6. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

im not cool

7. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

[color=6666cc]This is the end, my only friend, the end.......[/color]

8. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I've met myself, and I am cool.

And I am not avoiding this thread! Just working alot! I darn well better be here to see it end or fur will fly! Ok, not really, but I will be quite disappointed if I miss post 2400.

9. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I accidently ran into Canadian recording artist Bryan Adams at a book signing. I didn't even know he was there and sorta bumped into him on my way in. Then again, I can't stand his music so I wasn't really expecting to see him in my lifetime.

10. Bud 'n Lou

Bud 'n Lou Let me dirty up your mind

Hitchcock

I remember hearing somewhere that when Alfred Hitchcock was filming an episode of his TV show, which starred child actor Billy Mumy, Hitch was having trouble making the kid stay on his mark in a certain scene, so he terrorized him with threats of nailing his feet to the floor.
    I also heard that when he was filming Lifeboat, he told Tallulah Bankhead that he was going to film her with gauze over the lens to make her look more attractive, to which she replied, "If you want me to look attractive, you'll have to film me through linoleum."
    Oh, and in The Birds, Tippi Hedron asked Hitchcock why would her character would go into the attic after being attacked, since she thought it didn't make sense. He responded, "Because I tell you to."
    Useless? Yes, but I thought it was entertaining. :O)

11. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

Is anybody going to post the results?

12. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

It'll be the last post, by a mod, probably after the lock is in place.

13. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Hitchcock's Practical Jokes

Hitchcock was a nasty practical joker.

* There's a story that he gave Tippi Hedren's daughter a small box shaped like a coffin. Inside was a doll that looked like her mother. The story is just apocraphyl and is widely disbelieved. But since the kid in question grew up to be Melanie Griffith, who know. . . ?

* He once held a lavish garden party, and hirded an elderly (but unknown) actress to go around and talk to the other guests about inane and random things. When the guests asked Hitchcock who the woman was, he would hiss back, "We don't know. She just showed up. We think she's mentally unbalanced, so just humor her until the police arrive." Made everyone at the party extremely nervous and unhappy.

* He bet a cameraman the guy wouldn't spend the night on the soundstage handcuffed to the set. After attaching the handcuffs, Hitchcock gave him a scotch laced with a powerful laxative -- much to the man's subsequent humiliation when everyone showed up the next morning.

* A shorter version of the elevator story (which I suspect inspired Foxworthy): In a silent crowded elevator, Hitch once muttered, quite audibly to a friend, "I had no idea the old man would bleed quite so much."

Not as cute, and a lot more baleful than calhoun's dresser trick. But what do you expect from the maker of "Psycho"?

14. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Re: Hitchcock

Very much Hitch's attitude about "method" actors. When one asked "What's my motivation?" Hitchcock acidly replied, "Your salary."

15. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

While I haven't seen them all, my favorite Hitchcock movie is The Man Who Knew Too Much. Jimmy Stewart is also an awesome actor.

16. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

By cool, I'm assuming you mean famous people. Well, I saw a a few hockey players when I was walking downtown once. Shayne Corsons was one of them. And once at a local conveniance store, I saw Marquis Grissom (baseball player) in the car next to us at the parking lot.

Mr. Eye

17. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Man, no posts on here nearly for an hour! You all really don't want to see this thing die, do you??

18. Bud 'n Lou

Bud 'n Lou Let me dirty up your mind

Yeah, The Man Who Knew Too Much was a good one. But I think my favorite Hitchcock film is Rear Window. Oh, and Shadow of a Doubt was good too. :O)

PS- Do I overuse " :O) "? Won't make me use it less if ya think so. Just curious. :OD

19. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

He are some stories with "famous" from the stupid town of Wyckoff where I live.

Phil Simms, the football player, lives in the town next to us, but both towns go to the same schools.. His daughter, Dedra and I went to the same pre-school. At my birthday party, she gave me a childish kiss. I have the video tape to prove it.

And Danny Tambarelli (sp?), the younger Pete from that old Nickelodeon show Pete and Pete lives in our town too. He is the biggest jerk in the world! Nobody at school likes him! His career was over the day it started. He's mean and thinks he's "all that" but he's really not.
    [/color]

20. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not a horror fan..but I do find those stories funny.. :)

My bro bought Rush Hour on DVD today..I'm gonna watch it eventually, and since I sorta want this thread to end (just to put it out of it's misery):

Posts Left: 22

-BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.