"The Nameless City" by Faith Erin Hicks

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Red Arrow :D, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I wonder what you guys think about this :)

[​IMG]

I have never read it, but I have heard promising things about it. I am planning to buy book 1 next month.
    Some people compare it with Avatar The Last Airbender.

You can read a preview on Amazon. This looks like an unusual mixture of American and French/Belgian comics. Unsurprisingly, the author is Canadian. There is a slight Japanese influence too. The art looks amazing so far.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Red Arrow :D, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Oh, no... I've been burned by Faith three times before. She has fantastic premises and stories, but the problem is she never finishes them. She intentionally leaves her stories open-ended and unresolved by design.

Enjoy her comics if you want, but don't be surprised if the ending feels hollow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Maybe because she'll wrap up the loose ends for those stories in the near future and if you don't like the way her stuff is, then don't read them. Open-ended finales doesn't necessarily equal unresolved cliffhangers.

Plus, she's replacing Gene Yang as the writer for the Avatar: The Last Airbender comic book continuation for Dark Horse, given the fact that she's a longtime fan of the show and that ATLA was an influence on The Nameless City, while Yang's time on the comics has divided fans for several things.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk