Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, Mar 15, 2005.
Looks like someone was sleeping in class!
Looks like someone didn't study up on the bo-wang death slap technique
Check your PM's Artie...
Just thought I'd pop on in to say... only 9 hours remain
Gotta love how when we're waiting for a challenge or results, it's "Oh, it'll happen soon enough."
And when we're under the gun it's "C'mon let's GO GO GO!!!"
Aren't you a sweethart? *waves fist at Colin*
Who ever said that must be really smart. Not to mention terribly cute.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself!
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
Alrighty folks, the answers are all in, and checked over... and now it's time for the results!
Bob correctly answered 183 questions, winning them $9150. However, Bob incorrectly answered 21 questions, LOSING them $2100, bringing their final winnings for this round to: $7050
GLM correctly answered 192 questions, winning them $19200. However, GLM answered 12 questions incorrectly, LOSING themselve $2400, bringing their final winnings for this round to $16800!
Bob... we have yet another date at the Firing Squad, where two players will exit the game. Firing Squad will begin tomorrow evening/night/maybe Tuesday.
The answers will follow in a few minutes.
And thus the GLM takes total control of the game.
(I will allow between NOW and when Firing Squad goes up if you want to debate any answers. Once it's up, the debates are OVA!)
1. Mt Whitney in California
2. hot coffee/hot soup/tacos/chili-covered food/juicy hamburgers/barbecue/fried c hicken/jelly donuts/soft drinks/chocolate
3. 40.5% (note: I allowed within 3% for this answer)
4. Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, N. Dakota, S. Dakota
5. G. W. Bush & J.Q. Adams
6. Washington, Bush Sr. & Bush Jr.
7. Harry S. Truman
8. Dwight D. Eisenhower
10. June 1896
11. On July 17, 1938 he filed at flight play @ Floyd Bennett Field in NY to fly to California, but ended up in Dublin 29 hours later
13. Steve McQueen
14. the weather report (which is, in reality, coded betting information)
15. The high Numbers
16. "Til There Was You" from The Music Man
17. The Night of the Hunter (1955)
18. Carole Lombard
19. Garry Moore.
20. milk & Pepsi
21. Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
22. It's Bloomsday, the day in which all of the events of James Joyce's novel Ulysses occur
23. Jefferson Davis
24. Andrew Jackson in the Revolutionary War
25. Rhode Island
26. S. Carolina, Mississipip, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, N. Carolina & Tennessee
27. Arizona, California, Idaho, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Vermont
28. St. Augustine, Florida
29. Superiour, Huron, Michigan, Erie, Ontario
30. Oberlin College, founded in 1833
31. New Zealand in 1893
34. Repndex, s'il vous plait. Please Respond
35. Yes, in 1968
36. Ralph Bunche in 1950
37. 42 U.S. Gallons
38. Titusville, PA
39. the capybara, a semi-aquatic rodent of S. America
40. South Fork
41. In an apartment building on Chauncey Street in the Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn
42. Monumental Pictures
44. Kareem Abdul Jabbar with 38,387 points
45. Yes - Dr. Joseph Bell
46. October 8 - 11, 1871
48. "Please, Please, Please" - originally released on Federal REcords in 1956
49. Lake Victoria
50. Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Congo, Sudan, Ethiopia and Egypt
51. Yes, but it ain't easy.
52. James A. Garfield
53. Phoebe Anne Moses
54. the French Academy of Sciences
55. May 17, 1875
56. February 22, 1879
57. Kemmerer, Wyoming
60. at least 20 million people
61. JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon
62. Carrie Anne Moss
64. Rocky Marciano
65. Sinner's Holiday
66. The Mickey Mouse club
67. Jerry Seinfeld
68. Cleveland, Ohio
70. Catherine of Aragon, Anne Belyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr
71. Patty Lane & Cathy Lane
72. Scrroge = Donald's Billionaire Uncle, believed to be the brother of Donald's mother.
73. October 26, 1825
74. the peregrine falcon
75. the elephant seal
76. Marlon Brando & Robert DeNiro
77. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
79. Boris Yeltsin
80. Yosemite Falls
82. The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
83. the CNN Tower in Toronto
84. On the Beach (1959)
85. Barbara Stanwyck and Robert Taylor
87. his "second best bed."
88. red people
89. Ricky Ricardo Babalu Club
90. Mike Brady was an architect
91. every day, the average cow emits thirty-five cubic feet of methan gas.
93. Charles Darrow of Germantown, PA is generally credited for inventing the game of Monopoly in 1933
95. FDR, RIchard Nixon, Ronald Reagan
96. Tom Hanks
97. Lorne Greene
98. George Washington
99. Mt. Aconcagua
100. Mt. Kosciusko
102. The Hoboken Four
104. No one's.
105. a delorean
106. The Kit Kat Club
107. ACcording to a 1998 Univ. of Chicago study, birds dream about singing.
108. the 16th Century/ between 1545 and 1585
109. Dan Marino (Miami Dolphins) & John Elway (Denver Broncos)
110. In November 1968, the Oakland Raiders beat the New York Jets 43-32
111. The Montreal Canadiens
112. Ives W. McGaffey
113. No - he invented the elevator brake
114. 435 / 100
115. March 2, 1935
116. 1 - Speedway (1968)
117. on the moon
118. Martin Van Buren
119. Linda Hunt
120. The French Flag
122. the old LaSalle
124. Twelve Oaks
125. Hannibal, Face, Murdock & B.A. Barracus
126. the Sandwich Islands
127. 0 degrees
128. Lake Havasu City, Arizona
129. over the Arno River at Florence
130. a new, larger bathtub
132. August 17, 1896
133. 32 Hours
134. The Arkansas Traveler
136. Dwayne Schneider
137. 1920, did not die out until 1934
138. nineteen bones
139. Warren Harding
140. The Battleship Potemkin
141. Sigourney Weaver
142. Rick Blaine
143. over 4 million miles
145. Breed's Hill, MA on June 17, 1775
146. The Peach Pit
147. Uncle Leo
148. Kentucky's Mammoth Cave National Park
149. Mauna Loa in Hawaii
150. Cape Morris Jessup, Greenland
151. "Baby on Board"
152. Mels Diner
154. Victoria Claflin Woodhull in 1872
155. 4 million households
156. Joe Gillis
157. Best Screenplay, Score & Art Direction
158. Deacon Brodie was the inspiration for R. L. Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
159. Mary Ann Evans
160. Ptolemy I, King of Egypt
161. from 1837 - 1901
162. Abraham Lincoln
163. Liberty Pictures dissolved after making It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
164. Ransom E. Olds
165. Count Ferdinand Graf von Zeppelin
166. Mary Anderson in Nov. 1903
167. Sylvester Howard Roper of Roxbury, MA
168. Nicolaus Copernicus
171. June 25, 1951
174. John Hanson of Maryland
175. Calvin Coolidge
176. Cumulus and Stratus
177. Hattie McDaniel - Best Supporting Actress for Gone with the Wind
178. up to 30 mph
180. Lake Titicaca
181. Ward Cleaver wore a suit, went to an office in town and had a secretary, but we never found out what business he was in.
182. a short-tailed weasel whose fur turns white in the winter
183. The Bay of Fundy
184. NBC's Meet the Press
186. his Mt. Vernon estate in Virginia
187. a folk dance of Southern Italy, in 6/8 time
188. in 1944
189. France & Spain
190. Cabot Cove, Maine
191. Ralph Waldo Emerson
192. 43,560 square feet
193. George was often seen in his den, watching and commenting on the program we were watching
194. Daniel Stern
195. Bibendum, nicknamed "Bib"
196. Blood Simple (1984)
197. Yogi Berra
199. No - they are vegetarian
200. Joan Crawford
201. Emmett Ashford
203. Mayor of cincinnati
204. 30,000 quills
Bob's not doing so well. They needa charge up somehow! They needa drink an energy drink! Then they will power up and battle against the GLM, who will also drink an energy drink! The battle between these two foes will be more ferocious than ever!
BOB VS. GLM: The Battle of DEATH!!
THE TRUE BATTLE BEGINS.....NOW!
Dammit, and I thought we did pretty good. Grr... if you guys in GLM didn't have Gwen, I'd do something. What is this something, you ask? It's a secret...
Whaaat? Bah. I thought there are 20 muscles to make a foot move, but 26 bones in it.
We're going to the Firing Squad... again. So after this we would have 3 players on this team. So what happens if everyone gets sent to be executed would that mean GLM would win the whole game?
Are you kidding me? If they didn't have Gwen, I'd do something too. (not sure what that means, but I'm sick, tired, medicated, and afraid to go to sleep after last night... )
Shadow Team, once again, EXCELENT JOB
Lemming and Gerbil, Guinea Pig said that a sacrifice may be needed in order to be more efficant
You know what they say, "if you can't beat em, confuse 'em!"
Nice job, GLM!!!