1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty Avengers

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by KombatMaster94, Jun 30, 2014.

1. KombatMaster94

Alright.

I've been writing so much recently and have been coming up with such good ideas that I need to show you what I've done so far. What I have written mostly is a dream show for Marvel called The Mighty Avengers. Below is everything I've written about the show so far, from story ideas to general information about the formula. It's incomplete, but I want to share it with you because I feel it's already so great.

I am naturally a good writer, but this is in my opinion my best writing yet. I have done research on the comics to learn about the stories adapted here and kept in mind continuity of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (the work I've written is a sequel series to that show), so I would truly appreciate feedback. I'll update the idea when it's finished. By the way, I have an account on deviantArt and haven't got response to my work yet. :(

Anyway, please read, enjoy, and please give feedback.

General and Miscellaneous Information:

• Certain changes have been made to the setting and characters, and some of the characters have matured in this show. For example, Wasp is more serious and more mature, Iron Man is more responsible, the Baxter Building is destroyed and replaced with the Four Freedoms Plaza, Captain America becomes formal leader of the Avengers and The Hulk rejoins the Avengers as a full-time member in two of the five years between The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and The Mighty Avengers, Nick Fury is director of S.H.I.E.L.D again, and the Avengers who appeared in The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes have changed their costumes except Wasp, Vision, and Yellowjacket.
    • The series is a sequel series to The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. The show will utilize material from the original Avengers comics, the Ultimate Avengers comics, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but will also use material from the greater Marvel Universe, particularly from the comics starring the characters who have appeared in the Avengers comics like She-Hulk and characters who have appeared in The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes like Captain Marvel. Furthermore, there will be adapted shot, quotes, and even dialogue from the media it uses material from.
    • The series has more emotional depth and emphasis on characterization and it shows in the characterization and story. The team is ensemble, but some of the stories focus on emphasize one character’s struggle. For example, The Hulk is inexperienced with giving gifts and dealing with children in “A Fantastic Friendshipâ€, and he believes Franklin Richards will despise him and label him a “monsterâ€. He attacks Thing in the party for arguing with him and calling him a monster and jumps away to Hell’s Kitchen. When Franklin and the Fantastic Four find Hulk, Franklin talks to him and learns who Hulk really is. The two bond, and after Franklin is captured by and rescued from the Frightful Four, they become friends. Another example is that in “Lethal Agendasâ€, Black Panther meets Monica and falls in love with her. He considers taking time off the team to start a relationship with her, but in the end of the story, he learns that he cannot commit himself to that relationship because of his duties and how they can harm Monica. Thus, Panther leaves Monica and gives him her necklace for him to remember her.
    • The series is darker and more violent than The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Characters are killed onscreen, the fight scenes are intense and fast paced, and the series is more emotionally powerful in its characterization and stories.

Adapted Storyline Synopsis:

• Plight of the Zodiac- Avengers #72 (The Zodiac captures the Avengers except Wasp and Yellowjacket, and the two set out to free their teammates; One episode)
    • Lethal Agendas Parts 1 and 2- Avengers #78-79 (Black Panther meets Monica and falls in love with her. The Lethal Legion sends Man-Ape to attack Captain America and Black Panther, who is captured by Man-Ape and held prisoner as the Lethal Legion attacks the Avengers; Two episodes)
    • Court Martial- Avengers #212-213 (Yellowjacket fires at Elfqueen after Captain America peacefully stopped a fight between her and the Avengers and he is court martialed for it; One episode)
    • Blitzkreig in Avalon- Avengers #225-226 (Doctor Druid teleports the Avengers to Avalon to assist Black Knight in defeating the Fomor and saving Avalon; One episode)
    • Secret Wars- Secret Wars (The Beyonder teleports the Avengers and Earth’s heroes and villains to Battleworld to compete for the prize of what they desire; One episode)
    • Planet Hulk- Planet Hulk (The Hulk is transported to the planet Sakaar where he fights in an arena for Red King and eventually leads a raid against him. Hulk falls in love with Caiera; One episode)
    • The Coming of the She-Hulk- Savage She-Hulk #1 (Jennifer Walters is injured by thugs and Bruce Banner gets his blood into her, causing her to become She-Hulk; One episode)
    • Right Between the Eons, Claws, and Crisis on Other-Earth- Avengers: The Serpent Crown (The Avengers split up to fight the Brand Corporation and rescue Hawkeye from Kang the Conqueror and run into the Squadron Supreme. The Avengers who are with Kang make a discovery that Surtur will try to bring about Ragnarok and preventing it may also prevent the bad future; Three episodes)
    • Adaption- Avengers #45 (The Super-Adaptoid is created by A.I.M. and is sent to attack Captain America at a charity event featuring the Avengers. After the Super Adaptoid is destroyed, A.I.M begins making modifications to a new model of the Super-Adaptoid; One episode)
    • The Swordsman- Avengers #19-20 (The Swordsman offers to join the Avengers, much to Hawkeye’s dismay. The Swordsman is secretly working as an agent for the Mandarin: One episode)
    • When Strikes Attuma- Avengers #154-156 (Attuma leads the Avengers to fight Dr. Doom to prevent him from conquering the world before he does: One episode)
    Synopsis:

• The Return of Tyr- Tyr, who mysteriously disappeared five years ago in Asgard, returns possessed by Surtur’s magic and Thor is summoned to Asgard to help him. While the Avengers stay behind to find Kang the Conqueror, Thor is deceived by Tyr into finding Karnilla and persuading her to create eight Norn Stones to Midgard in order to free him from Surtur’s control. After they are completed, Thor gives Tyr the Norn Stones and is freed from Surtur’s control. Meanwhile, the Avengers are attacked by the Squadron Sinister, who have come to take over their universe but are eventually assisted by the Squadron Supreme to defeat the Squadron Sinister. However, the Squadron Sinister vanishes in a flash of light caused by agents of the Brand Corporation, who offer them a deal to work with them. Tyr travels to Muspelheim and gives the Norn Stones to Surtur as part of a deal they made to spare Midgard in exchange for the stones (One episode).
    • A Fantastic Friendship- The Avengers are invited to give gifts and blessings at Franklin Richard’s fifth birthday party when the Frightful Four attack. The Hulk bonds with Franklin Richards and eventually saves him from the Frightful Four (One episode).
    • Mutant Backlash and Rise of the Mutants- The Avengers are accused of having anti-mutant sentiment after an explosion in an MRD prison killing the prisoners which they are blamed for. The Avengers try to disprove this by uniting with the X-Men to bring in the Brotherhood of Mutants. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch defect from the Brotherhood to join the Avengers (Two episodes).
    • A Sinister Situation- The Sinister Six steal Oscorp technology and weapons to take over New York City and Spider Man and Black Cat volunteer to help the Avengers stop them (One episode).
    • This Evil Undying- A new Ultron (the female Ultron version) that the original Ultron created to store a backup copy of his programming surfaces and robs Stark Industries and Ad Resin X and Ad Resin Y from Yellowjacket’s vault and the Avengers investigate. Iron Man is subconsciously brainwashed into serving the new Ultron. (One episode).
    • Chaos! Parts 1 and 2- Captain America lands in the bad future after being attacked by Kang. He tries to find out the triggering event creating the future, but he is only able to help the resistance defeat Norman Osborn. From there, he returns to the present and informs the Avengers that their priority is to stop the bad future from happening. When Captain America returns to the present, the Avengers find Kang the Conqueror to find answers in order to prevent the bad future from happening. They search for him and fight him before the Avengers disrupt Kang’s time machine and all of them except Captain America land in certain events in the future; Vision lands in the bad future’s beginning where he sees his future self’s death at the hands of the Scarlet Witch, and the rest of the Avengers land in Norman Osborn’s takeover of the world. Captain America fights Kang to reach the time machine to stabilize it and get his friends back while the team tries to contain the disasters in their time. Captain America eventually succeeds and the other Avengers return to the present, although Vision cannot remember seeing his future self’s death or the Scarlet Witch. Kang escapes and from there, the Avengers make it their mission to prevent the bad future from happening. Surtur watches Asgard from Muspelheim and declares it is time to complete his plan. (Two episodes).
    • Olympic Might- The Avengers inadvertently travel to Olympus after chasing the Serpent Society to Mount Olympus and help Hercules thwart Ares’ takeover of Olympus. After succeeding Hercules inadvertently joins the Avengers as a debt of gratitude (One episode).
    • Devastation, Heroes United, and Surtur’s Last Stand- The fire demon embryos in eight of the nine realms of Asgard finally finish developing and they attack the realms. The Avengers are summoned to Asgard by Odin to fight the demons in Asgard along with the other Asgardians, and Captain America is saved by Kang the Conqueror in battle. Kang offers to help Captain America and the Avengers stop Surtur under the hope that he can restore his timeline. Captain America accepts the offer and returns to the Avengers alongside Kang. Iron Man returns to the Avengers Mansion through a portal created by Heimdall to put out a distress signal for Earth’s superheroes to enter Asgard and help the Avengers defeat Surtur. Meanwhile, the rest of the Avengers, Sif, Odin, Balder, and Kang confront Surtur in Muspelheim and fight his army of fire demons. Iron Man and the other heroes travel through each of the nine realms of Asgard destroying the embryos that keep spawning the fire demons. The Avengers, Kang, and their Asgardian allies are almost defeated when Iron Man and the other heroes arrive to fight Surtur. They almost destroy the Norn Stones that are going to send the demons from each of the nine realms into Midgard, but Tyr, once again under control of Surtur and now infused with a massive supply of his and Enchantress’ magic, takes down all the heroes, the Asgardians, and Kang. They are held prisoner in cages of fire and Surtur restores the embryos, now spawning thousands of giant fire demons with immense power waiting for the portals to Midgard to open with the Norn stones in use. Tyr regains control of himself briefly and demands Sutur to stop after realizing Surtur betrayed the deal he made with Tyr, only to have himself placed under control again and ordered to watch the prisoners with the Enchantress and Wonder Man. Surtur leaves the prisoners to lead his armies into Midgard carrying one of the Norn Stones with him with Wonder Man following him, leaving Tyr to struggle for control of himself and sacrifice himself to destroy the other seven Norn Stones and free the prisoners. Enchantress, who was holding the cages together, is rendered unconscious as a result. Sutur sees the resulting flash of light and realizes this. He sends half of his army after the heroes and the other half to Midgard where they begin destroying everything in their path. Meanwhile, Heimdall and the Warriors Three (Volstagg, Fandral, and Hogun) contact Beta Ray Bill to ask for his help and open a portal for him to arrive to stop Surtur. The prisoners, now free, head for Surtur and the fire demons. The heroes fight their way through Muspleheim against the demons sent after them to reach Surtur. The heroes are confronted by an army of demons multiplying into two when defeated. The heroes are cornered when the Warriors Three, Heimdall, and Beta Ray Bill arrive to detract the fire demons from the heroes, who head for Surtur. The heroes arrive to him, the demons, and the only portal, which the demons are already entering. Surtur orders all demons remaining in Muspleheim to kill the heroes and they start fighting the demons. During the fight, Odin is blinded in one of his eyes by Surtur, Wonder Man begins struggling for control of himself and is killed by a reluctant Iron Man in order to kill the fire demons and destroy the embryos, and Captain America is mortally wounded by one of the fire demons in order destroy the last Norn Stone. Surtur is defeated by Odin and rendered unconscious. Hela arrives to take Captain America’s soul as she promised in The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, but Tyr’s soul arrives and offers Hela to take him instead. Hela accepts and takes his soul, sparing Captain America and leaving him to be healed by the Asgardians. Kang leaves to return to his time machine and see if his timeline is restored and agrees to notify the Avengers if the bad future is prevented. Enchantress is freed from Surtur’s control, but is taken into custody by Heimdall and the Warriors Three. Wonder Man’s soul appears and tells Odin he wants to join the Avengers for freeing him. Wonder Man is resurrected in his human form. Odin congratulates the Avengers and the heroes for their role for preventing Ragnarok and Captain America tells Iron Man that he never knew what event caused the bad future. Iron Man reassures Captain America that the future is safe because of what they did. Meanwhile, Kang discovers that his timeline is not restored and the bad future is not prevented.

Episode Order:

1. Chaos!, Part 1
    2. Chaos!, Part 2
    3. Plight of the Zodiac
    4. The Coming of the She-Hulk
    5. Olympic Might
    6. A Sinister Situation
    7. Adaption
    8. Court Martial
    9. The Swordsman
    10. Lethal Agendas, Part 1
    11. Lethal Agendas, Part 2
    12. The Return of Tyr
    13. Planet Hulk
    14. Mutant Backlash (1)
    15. Rise of the Mutants (2)
    16. This Evil Undying
    17. Blitzkrieg in Avalon
    18. A Fantastic Friendship
    19. Right Between the Eons (1)
    20. Claws (2)
    21. Crisis on Other-Earth (3)
    22. When Strikes Attuma
    23. Secret Wars
    24. Devastation (1)
    25. Heroes United (2)
    26. Surtur’s Last Stand (3)

Prequel Movie Summary:
    It has been five years since the final episode of The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and Captain America is on the top of a building looking at the city remembering the times he has fought alongside the team when Iron Man flies to Captain America and tells him the Avengers are planning a surprise for him. Captain America agrees to come with him to see it, and they fly to the Avengers Mansion to find the team waiting for them. Ms. Marvel unveils the plans to Captain America for an academy for future members of the Avengers. Captain America is happy to hear this news and decides to work on the academy. Kang the Conqueror is watching this from a robotic microscopic surveillance camera in the mansion when his computer detects and shows him a new event in the Avengers’ timeline where Scarlet Witch goes insane after her children’s death and blames the Avengers for that. He sees that Scarlet Witch killed three Avengers, drove Hulk and She-Hulk criminally insane, rampaged throughout New York City terrorizing the superhumans. The Avengers enlisted Dr. Strange to help them contain Scarlet Witch by shutting down her mind, but the Avengers disband being unable to financially survive. From there, Scarlet Witch turned 99.9% of the world’s mutants into humans, an explosion in Stamford led to the Suoerhuman Registration Act being passed and Captain America and Iron Man fighting each other alongside the superhumans of each side. Iron Man wins the conflict and is promoted to S.H.I.E.L.D director and Captain America is incarcerated before Norman Osborn brainwashes Iron Man into leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. as Norman Osborn takes it over. Then Norman takes over the world with the organization and kills Captain America, who had formed another resistance to defeat Norman Osborn, most of which was killed. Iron Man is appointed Norman’s chief enforcer and Winter Soldier takes control of all that remains of Captain America’s resistance. Meanwhile, Surtur finds Wonder Man’s soul in Muspleheim and possesses him to become a pawn in his plan; he bonds him with embryos that Enchantress placed in all realms of the nine realms of Asgard except Midgard when Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor lost their powers (during The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes episode “Powerlessâ€). Surtur plans to use the embryos to spawn powerful fire demons powered by Wonder Man’s constantly and rapidly increasing power to bring about Ragnarok. At the Cube, Crossbones arrives to break out Grim Reaper so he can be used for a mission against S.H.I.E.L.D. He finds Reaper in his cell and runs away with him. They are separated by massive explosion that apparently kills Grim Reaper. Crossbones assumes he is dead. He escapes the Cube and informs Baron von Strucker of Reaper’s “death†and is assigned on the mission meant for Grim Reaper. Reaper to fight the guards himself and escape by himself. Escaping on one of the jets, Reaper decides to leave H.Y.D.R.A and start his own group of criminals. He contacts Man-Ape, Living Laser, and Power Man with the message to meet him at an abandoned warehouse in New York City. At the Avengers Mansion, the Avengers publicly announce the beginning of their initiative to open the Avengers Academy. Cornelius van Lunt brings together the Zodiac members and assigns Scorpio to assassinate Nick Fury, much to Scorpio’s delight. The following night, Black Widow goes to the Avengers Mansion and informs the Avengers that H.Y.D.R.A is performing an assault on the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier with a nuke set to go off in it. At the Helicarrier, Crossbones fights various S.H.I.E.L.D agents to divert them from H.Y.D.R.A agents activating the bomb. The Avengers arrive at the Helicarrier and fight Crossbones and the H.Y.D.R.A agents. Scorpio is heading for the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier and the Zodiac Key comes to him. It flies him to the Helicarrier and he lands there. Realizing the Zodiac Key possesses vast powers, he uses it to attack Fury. As the Avengers continue fighting the H.Y.D.R.A agents, Iron Man finds the nuke and tries to disarm it, but he learns the bomb requires a code to be disarmed so he tries to hack into the bomb and find the code. Fury dodges fire from the Zodiac Key and when he asks Scorpio where he gained the Zodiac Key, Scorpio mentions the Zodiac before Fury charges at Scorpio, knocking it away the Zodiac Key from Scorpio, and knocking out Scorpio. As the Avengers defeat the remaining H.Y.D.R.A agents and Crossbones, Iron Man is just barely able to find the code and enter it to disarm the bomb. Widow is offered a chance to rejoin S.H.I.E.L.D, but instead offers the Avengers to join them, having previously worked with them many times in the last five years. Captain America accepts Widow’s offer As the Avengers and Black Widow leave, Fury places Maria in ommand of S.H.I.E.L.D again and tells Maria he has “new work to doâ€, planning to infiltrate the Zodiac as Scorpio. Meanwhile, Kang prepares to attack the Avengers once again to restore his timeline.