1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Marvel/Lionsgate Animated DTV News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Wonder Woman, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukecage

lukecage Member

2. Neofcon

Neofcon Member

Can't say im interested. I was actually hoping he goes back to Earth to tear Iron Man a new hide with his new army or something.

Looks boring tbh.

3. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

That would be the follow up comic story, World War Hulk. Which was fun for a smash fest, but kinda boring since there was little else to it.

Planet Hulk, on the other hand, was a great story and probably the best Hulk story of recent times. It had great characters, moving stories, and a lot of heart.

I liked the trailer a lot and I'm hoping this will hold up to the sprit of the comic and be a good Hulk story and not like Hulk vs in terms of story. 'Cause while it was fun watching Hulk kick the tar out of Weapon X and Asgard there was little more to it than that.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty weird that this trailer was released before trailer for the Thor dtv that precedes it. Anyways I expect this will be a good one. I thought the comic storyline though I'm not always a particularly huge fan of long space stories. I'm interested in seeing how it works as a feature.

5. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

I like, it'll be refreshing to have an animated Hulk who can form compleate sentences.

6. Neofcon

Neofcon Member

Yeah that one.

7. Weibart

Weibart Intercept Now!
    Reporter

It's hard to tell in the trailer but is that Mr. Fantastic standing there? The person furthest back would be Professor X right? I wonder if these DTV's have the rights to use the Fantastic Four and if Mr. Fantastic is allowed to be slipped in there, because that's great... I'd love to see Frank Paur handle an FF DTV.

This looks good. I didnt' read the run when it came out but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I thought this DTV would be fashioned after John Romita Jr. but I forgot he was penciller on World War Hulk and not Planet Hulk. I like the art style. Hulk looks a bit bland but on the whole this looks like it'll be another slick looking film.

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It does look like a shadowy Reed Richards, dark hair, white temples, blue suit, standing next to an equally shadowy and bald Professor X. Dr Strange is a little clearer.

Whether or not they'd use the illuminati was something I really wondered about. I did think they might go with some generic government types shooting Hulk into space but it's cool to see that they didn't. Hopefully the FF will be available for any later movies (though I'm really hoping that there will be more movies period).

9. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Member

It's Reed; the guy in the background should be Black Bolt, but I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped him out for the more famous Professor X (though he appears to be standing, which isn't how he's normally depicted).

10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I totally forgot Black Bolt was a card carrying member. Professor X wasn't there to vote the Hulk off the planet, right ? I remember Namor disagreeing with them but not much else.

11. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Member

Professor X was gone at that point, post-M-Day, so he didn't attend the meeting. Namor went, voted no, and left; the other four voted yes, and executed the plan.

12. maczero

maczero Active Member

Looks good. Although, I agree that the Hulk design looks a little bland. Actually, he seems almost puny compared to his other incarnations.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Certainly seems more, how do you say, subdued compared to the previous Hulks, but I'm looking forward to it. Planet Hulk is an interesting gimmick, and seeing a (mostly) intelligent version of the big green guy will be interesting, to say the least.

14. BigEclipse

BigEclipse Member

Haven't read the story in the comics but the DTV movie looks good. Like the fluidity in the animation as well as the alien character designs. Tired of seeing human beings on alien worlds...

15. soundmonkey44

soundmonkey44 Melancholic Man.

can't wait to get both, & i wonder if world war hulk will follow.

I like the idea of marvel animating its events, would'nt mind seeing DTV's for House of M, Civil war & Secret invasion as well.

but i would still like to see a Deadpool & a Runaways DTV someday as well.:D

16. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Then you'll probably like DC's Green Lantern: First Flight all the alien characters, actually look alien, with the exception of Sinestro and the guardians, who just look like little old men.

Also I'm pretty sure Iron Man or Hulk have appeared in every single Marvel DTV so far with the exception of Dr. Strange.

17. thundarr82

thundarr82 Member

It looks like Planet Hulk will be worthy of many a...HULK Smash! I hope it is a hit so there can be a...World War Hulk in 2011 or 2012.

18. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I read this in CBR's coverage:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22237

Looks like they are holding it for the movie.

19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

2011 ? Wth ?

After seeing the preview on Hulk Vs dvd, I was really looking forward to it arriving in a few months and getting to see the Warriors Three battling frost giants and all that other good stuff. Now they go and postpone releasing it for two whole years :sad:. I hope that they have some features planned to fill that long gap.

#499 Rick Jones, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  20. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Ah since it is a tale of a young Thor and Loki, before they have a major family split, I bet Marvel wants to hold this till the live-action Thor movie.

Maybe acting like it might be a prequel to it.

:shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.