1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Marvel/Lionsgate Animated DTV News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Wonder Woman, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Discuss all the news and rumors on the upcoming Marvel/Lionsgate Animated DTVs here!

[​IMG]
    Hulk Versus (DVD and Blu-ray) - Now Available!
    "Planet Hulk" - Coming Soon!
    "Thor: Tales of Asgard" - Coming Soon!

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

To check out the newest information, look for the newest post in this thread for any updates. For the latest information on what's coming to DVD from the Animated Marvel Universe, check out the links below:

-Marvel Animation Age
    -Toon Zone News

Note #1: Please mark any spoilers appropriately.
    Note #2: Please keep this topic, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.
    Note #3: Mod-edited post.

Want to know what DC Animation DTVs are being released? Click here for more!

2. ifthismeansevos

ifthismeansevos It's been a while.

3. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

didnt i hear they were making a hawkeye movie?

4. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Will this be out before Iron Man now because that was pushed back to 2007 or will it be a 2007 release as well?

5. ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon Member

Midnight Sons was the Imprint the book was published under and could work. The book itself was Nightstalkers, and featured Blade, Frank Drake (a descendant of Dracula), and Hannibal King (a vampire) in a team up.

My votes for a DTV would be a Nova (Richard Rider) solo pic, Excalibur/Captain Brittain, and New Warriors. I'd nominate Thunderbolts for slot 4, but I'm not sure how well they could do the origin in under 90 minutes.

I'd ALSO like to see the run time go up to at least a full 2 hours...that's standard for movies, and would allow more time for character development (and maybe a fight or two).

Hey, here's a thought...How about SpiderGIRL for a DTV? :D

6. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

I wonder if this is loosely based on J. Michael Straczynski’s ‘Strange’ mini-series that updated the origin..

Hmm.. I hadn’t even considered-- if they can do a ‘classic’ Excalibur adventure, with a nod to the Alan Davis drawings, that would be cool..
    Since it’s been established that not all the DTV’s would be in the "same" continuity, they should have the flexibility to do something like this.. Unless that company they’re partnering with for the new X-Men show has ‘first dibs’ on the mutant characters..

7. ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon Member

They COULD get around that by only using the "British" characters that aren't traditionally considered part of the X-Franchise (and whom I doubt the new show will use in any event): Captain Brittain, Meggan, Micromax plus a few characters from other eras with new origins like Spitfire. I wouldn't use Union Jack, becase he's to much a Captain Brittain duplicate (actually vice versa, but CB I think is better known). Round off the new team with a couple of OCs.

8. J-Ranger

J-Ranger John Stewart

Man I cannot wait for this movie now. These Marvel DTVs are looking very promising. Hopefully the animation and writing are on par with the first 2 releases.

9. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

looking forward to being re-educated on Dr Strange
    i never read the comic nor saw his appearances on FOX's Spider-Man (I believe he made an appearance) but after watching Dr Fate on JL(U), I'd like to see what Marvel's mystic is all about. Any chance we'll see Dormammu (sp?)

10. cheeno

cheeno Active Member

I liked the images,so looking forward to the Dr.Strange DTV.

11. J-Ranger

J-Ranger John Stewart

Is there going to be an Ultimate Avengers 3 DTV? I would HOPE Marvel/Lionsgate would want to move on and focus on other Marvel characters.

12. The Overlord

The Overlord Active Member

I never said there was going to be an Ultimate Avengers (that would be unlikely, IMO) I'm just saying if there was an Ultimate Avengers 3, what would you want to see in it.

13. Hero Supreme

Page 34 of this weeks Marvel Studios Presentation lists Teen Avengers as one of the Direct to DVD Features in development (following Iron Man and Doctor Strange). Discuss!

EDIT: Now also confirmed by Voldemort.com

#13 Hero Supreme, Aug 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  14. NinjaJack

NinjaJack Active Member

Awesome! We get to see Patriot.

Dang, we have to endure whiney Wiccan

15. J-Ranger

J-Ranger John Stewart

So is it safe to assume that this Teen Avengers movie will be the Young Avengers? Or is this some corny way of having the Avengers as teens and making it Teen Titan-esque? (Reaching much? Probably)

16. Hero Supreme

but arent the young avengers basically just young versions of the avengers. I know the yarent the same people, but dont they pretty much have the same powers.

17. Arsenal

Arsenal Magneto was right

Totally stoked. I like Young Avengers a lot, more than the West Coast, Great Lakes and New Avengers combined. I even like them more than Emma Peel and that guy with the umbrella and bowler cap.

This is probably the Marvel DTV I am most excited for.

18. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan Active Member

No, their powers are pretty different actually. They're just fanboys that used those powers to emulate the real Avengers.

19. TwistedRed

TwistedRed Member

I've so missed out on comics, so this all has been confirmed?

20. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

the comics "ultimates 2" storyline is sure epic.. but it's not even finished yet.. i'll wait until it comes out before figuring if it would make cool animation.. but yet..

spoiler for comic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.