The Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

It's time for the 7th installment of the Official Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread - the most informative Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray thread online! Outside of official DVD/Blu-ray talkbacks, this is the place to post all your DVD and Blu-ray news and comments! Want the latest news? Well, keep reading this thread!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wolverine and The X-Men: Deadly Enemies (DVD) - July 21st, 2009
    The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete First Season (DVD) - July 28th, 2009
    Stay tuned for more listings!

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

To check out the newest information, look for the newest post in this thread for any updates. For the latest information on what's coming to DVD and Blu-ray from the Animated Marvel Universe, check out the links below:

-Marvel Animation Age
    -Toon Zone News

Archive:
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 6
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 5
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 4
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 3
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 2
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 1

Note #1: Please mark any spoilers appropriately.
    Note #2: Please keep this topic, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.
    Note #3: Discussion continued from The Official Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers).

Want to know what DC Animation DVDs/Blu-rays are being released? Click here for more!

2. satam55

satam55 New Member

Yeah, but Spider-Man 4 movie isn't expected to come out til' May 2011. That's 2 years from now.

So, I'm expecting Disney to announce they'll release 90's Spider-Man later this year especially since season 1 is going to be released next month in region 2.

3. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Member

4. my_hero

my_hero New Member

So the only difference is the "RE-WORDING" on the package. No separate episodes like Vol. 2-4. NOW THAT'S JUST PLAIN STUPID!:shrug:

5. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Is that really the case? :eek: Are we sure that this is what they're doing? Not releasing the separate episodes?

6. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

I bought the region 2 X-Men seasons 1-2. Now that the show is being released by Disney here in the states, I'm not sure if I will keep getting the U.K. releases. Disney has a tendency to abandon their cartoon series DVDs before they are completely released. I hope Disney releases the uncut episodes.

7. my_hero

my_hero New Member

If I read it right. :shrug:They say That It will consist of the same thing as the only difference is the re-wording on the cover and spine and that if we have the first release there is no need to buy it.I hope I'm wrong as this is the only reason why i did not pick up the series on DVD. My friend works for B. Buy and he can get each volume for $7.;)

8. satam55

satam55 New Member

I'm hoping to god Disney gives X-Men and Spider-Man the same DVD quality treatment they gave Gargoyles.

Because, the video quality for their other Disney Afternoon Cartoon DVD releases are Sub-Par and sometimes atrocious. I own some of them and I can tell the video quality could have been better. You can read detailed reviews on those Disney sets at http://www.ultimatedisney.com/tvshows.html

9. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Marvel Animation Age has your exclusive first look at the menu screens and The World's Finest DVD Report has a review for the upcoming Wolverine and The X-Men - Season One, Volume One Canadian DVD release. Click on the images below for more.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Menu Screens / DVD Review
    Stay tuned for reviews and updates on the upcoming Wolverine and The X-Men: Heroes Return Trilogy, X-Men: Volume One, X-Men: Volume Two, and The Spectacular Spider-Man: Volume Four DVD releases.

10. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

Thanks for the review! I'm not sure if I should by the Wolverine and The X-Men: Season One, Volume One release from Liberation to get that extra episode or import the Wolverine and the X-Men: Heroes Return Trilogy DVD release from Lionsgate. If one is in movie form and the other episodic maybe I'll get both.

11. satam55

satam55 New Member

I wouldn't buy either, I rather wait for a complete 1st season DVD/Blu-Ray set.

But If you have to choose one, go with the U.S. Release (Heroes Return Trilogy). The Canadian release (Season One, Volume One) has no special features, while the U.S. release has the following special features:

• "Nicktoons Network Going InScene," Wolverine and the X-Men
    • Character Profiles: Wolverine and the X-Men
    • Making of Wolverine and the X-Men
    • Audio Commentary with Writers Craig Kyle and Greg Johnson
    • Audio Commentary with Directors Boyd Kirkland and Steven Gordon

12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

I figured they would just do the US release in episodic form. I really like that dvd cover that the canadians are getting but it would be cool to own both versions.

13. Kirben

Kirben Member

The X-Men Volume 1 & 2 have been released early (DVD Pacific just shipped my order), has anyone checked them out yet?

14. ifthismeansevos

ifthismeansevos It's been a while.

Well I guess theres no X-ME -S4 DVD coming out after all?

15. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Member

Well, Fantastic Four Season 2 arrived.

[​IMG]

Not too bad for a release that many (including me) thought didn't exist let alone would show up (in Liberation form). Maybe there's still hope for the others including Spider-Man '81 and Fantastic Four '78.

16. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Where did you order FF from tenderheartbear? I looked in HMV yesterday but I could only find Spider-Friends season one (although I have seen seasons 2+3 in the past).

17. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Member

I ordered it from eBay.co.uk.

I was hesitant at first as it was from a seller called Gowingstore and her feedback was a bit poor. I believe Danzigg used her as well. It was £6.99, completely genuine, shrinkwrapped, perfect condition. Her items are sent from Guernsey and it arrived in about a week.

Overall very happy.

18. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

How does the set hold up? I remember thinking Disney did a poor job on the complete set they released a couple of years back - does this one come across better?

19. SpideyFan914

SpideyFan914 Greatest Poster Ever!

Okay, I'm confused. X-Men TAS Vol. 1 says "Night of the Sentinels", as in Season 1. But then Vol. 2 says "Rise of the Phoenix", as in Season 3.

Is this like what Futurama did maybe where Season 2 is spliced between Vol.s 1 & 2?

20. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 New Member

Yes. X-Men Volume 1 contains all of Season 1 and part of Season 2. Then X-Men Volume 2 contains the rest of Season 2 and first seven episodes from Season 3.
    Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.