The Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Friends

Spider-Friends www.spider-friends.com

Very cool avatar, RydermanUK. It looks cooler than the actual covers!

2. RydermanUK

RydermanUK Member

It was a temp cover for season 2, part 2, can't think why they didn't use it.
    This is the artwork that should have appeared on the discs, especially since the fact that the artwork is obviously based on the series character model.

[​IMG]

There was this Fan 4 one too, which is a tweaked version of the Disney boxset art.

[​IMG]

BTW this post was being edited while the next post was being made

#82 RydermanUK, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That FF cover uses pretty much the same images as the Disney set that was released here in the US years ago

4. Dufus

Dufus Member

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends Season 2 & 3 and the Complete Boxset releasedate set to 2008-11-24

5. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

Well, only time will tell, but it is starting to look a lot more promising with each passing day. I don't always trust Amazon with their release dates but now that Play has added a few titles back to its site, The Incredible Hulk Season 2 and Fantastic Four Season 2 for example I get the feeling that it might actually happen...

...Again.

6. Spider-Friends

I was told by my contact at Liberation that the reason the 1996 Hulk DVD cover drawing was not "on model" was because they wanted the cover to appeal to fans of the Hulk movie, TV show, and comic book. Pretty flawed logic if you ask me because ANY Hulk drawing is going to appeal to those people so you might as well make it on model too!

I just noticed that PLAY.COM has SM&HAF season 1 listed as "Temporarily out of stock". Probably not a good sign for the other releases to be happening soon.

7. RydermanUK

RydermanUK Member

I wish they'd be consistant, the Hulk 82 artwork (if it ever gets released) is definately on model, as was Hulk 66 (to a degree).

Th artwork (if you can call it that) on the Fan 4 covers and menu's is just appauling, even if they are avoiding character models, they could still have used better artwork than that, hell, I would have done it.

Also Revelation have updated their site, but still have no mention of the Marvel titles, this is looking (to me) more like that they are only distributing the titles on behalf of Liberation US, what do you guys think?

#87 RydermanUK, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  8. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

I think you're right, Ryderman. Liberation and Revelation were two competing companies, so now that Liberation had to close their UK office they asked their competition to distribute these on their behalf. To me, that shows there is no corporate greed and Liberation and Revelation are doing what is best for the fans.

The Hulk 82 artwork is definitely on model, it looks so cool. I'd love a high res copy, or just a copy without the logos on. I think it'd make an awesome wallpaper, no?

9. Spider-Friends

I LOVE the Hulk 82 cover art, but even it is only on model to a degree since it has comic book rendering. It still works wonderfully because it looks like it could have been title card for the show (which DID have comic book rendering.)

I totally agree. I offered to give the drawing in my avatar to Liberation for use as the SM&HAF cover for FREE and they declined.

If the unreleased titles really do come out as of November 24th then I think you hit on the only possibility. I can't imagine that would be possible for all the details to be worked out fast enough if Revelation was producing them from scratch.

10. RydermanUK

RydermanUK Member

I just wish someone from Liberation (or Revelation) would update their sites and let us know what the hell is going on.

I don't know why Liberation US doesn't either update the UK sites (libent.co.uk and dvdsuperheroes.co.uk) just to clue us in, or remove them.
    I'm finding it really annoying that a company, that I've spent hard earned money on their products, and hopefully will continue to do so, doesn't seem to think that we deserve, as loyal customers, to know whats going on.

I'm just finding their lack of respect as severely un-professional, but then again, release dates etc have never been their strong point.

11. Zentron

Zentron Member

I just wish I could get the fourth series of 'X-men: Evolution', but I don't see that happening, especially here in the UK where Warner severely sucks at releasing anything. (second only by Universal)

12. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

Can I just ask... on the off chance, does anyone have a high-res version of the 1982 Hulk art they could post here?

13. andyscot

andyscot Andrew Crawford

Just go tthis email.

I would take form it that relevation have the catalog and aint releasing the dvd for libration.

14. Dufus

Dufus Member

lol same answer she mailed me, word for word. I guess she has a email template to send all toonzone forum-mailers ;)

15. Spider-Friends

Does anyone have any of the November 24th releases on pre-order? I'm sure we'd all love to be updated if you are (or aren't) notified of it shipping.

16. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

I have the Hulk 82 on preorder from Play.com. I also have email notification from Amazon if/when it becomes available.

17. Spider-Friends

Great! Keep us updated, Gary.

18. TheAmazingIceman

TheAmazingIceman Spider-Friend

I have the complete Silver Surfer pre-ordered at amazon uk. I will keep you guys updated. I hope that Rev films will do the shows justice just like Liberation and make sure that the shows are uncut and uncensored.

19. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

I currently have The Incredible Hulk 1982: The Complete Series, Fantastic Four: Complete Season 2 and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends: Season 2 & 3 on pre-order from Play.com.

I'll keep you posted with any information.

Also, I was browsing through the latest SFX magazine (the one with variant Doctor Who covers) and there was a half-page spread for Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends: Season 2 & 3 and Complete Boxset. Still from Liberation, not sure when it was published but at least they were advertised somewhere!

20. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

I've got the Incredible Hulk Complete Series (1982) pre ordered, but like the rest of you am pesamistic that all these titles will be released so I've sent Revelation an e-mail, will pass on what I hear but i have checked HMV and there is no listing for any titles. Here's hoping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.