The Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Are the Marvel show's coming out DVD to the U.S. ?

2. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Highly unlikely in the forseeable future.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel Animation Age has obtained the press release and hi-res DVD cover art for the upcoming Hulk Versus direct-to-video animated feature. Click on the artwork below for more.

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for further updates.

4. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

[​IMG]

Anyone else notice this for sale in the UK, won it on ebay the other day have not seen it listed on any UK website, it's genuine and it's from Lib Ent. It's basically the 1st disc from the complete 2 disc 1st season with a different sleeve. I'm waiting for the seller to let me know where he got it so I can pass it on. (Who knows there may be other titles out there we do not know about?)

5. Spider-Friends

Spider-Friends www.spider-friends.com

I can't imagine that Liberation didn't tell me about it AND we haven't seen it listed on any major website. That Green Goblin looks highly suspect too. I think someone is bootleggin' already.

6. TheAmazingIceman

TheAmazingIceman Spider-Friend

Hey guys I just got my X-Men Season 1 parts 1 and 2 in the mail today and I watched both parts of Night of the Sentinels and I didn't see anything that had been cut from the 2nd part. The Storm fight with the Sentinel didn't look like it was cut at all to me. Please correct me if im wrong. Has anyone else compared the dvd episode to a original broadcast episode.

As far as Rev Films contacting you SF I would hope that they would. Or perhaps Danzigg could tell them about you or you could contact them if possible. I know we all hope that they will do the sets justice like Liberation did. I hope that they would let you do the box art unlike Liberation. I personally think it would be a good idea to let them know whats going on since they are the new guys in town so to speak. What do you guys think?

7. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

Thats what I thought but it is genuine I'll try to get a photo of the phole sleeve disc and booklet. Also If I find out where it was bought I'll pass it on.

In regards to your question Iceman I'll contact Rev Films soon, I'm desperate for information but I wanted to give them a week or so to get there bearings.I also agree about SF artwork Rev Films need to be made aware of the value SF can bring to this product, I've got no problem waiting, you know it would look great!:D

8. Jon T

Jon T Friendless Spidey

It could be the Administrators trying to clear out leftover stock from Liberation UK's premises; all they'd have to do would be print out new covers and case stickers and re-use the existing DVDs, red DVD cases, and booklets. If this is indeed the case, there probably wouldn't be too many of these repackaged discs out there.

9. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

My Dilemma

Hi all I'm new here, but I've been watching this thread (since near the end of part 4 when Liberation started going crap up) in great anticipation.

This is my story - will it have a happy ending? Who knows? My names Gary, when I was a kid there were re-runs of the 1982 Incredible Hulk cartoon. I loved it, however as a kid I was scared of the intro - something about the music and Hulk running and growling and making that big stamp on the floor, I just didn't like it. I used to hide behind the couch as my mother would laugh - then I'd watch the rest of the cartoon.

I'm 21 now, and I'd always hoped that there would be a release of this series on DVD but never thought it be possible - until Liberation Entertainment came along. I was so excited when I heard they announced this. It was set for release on the morn of 25th August 2008. It then got pushed back to September, then October not long after that. I was a little dissapointed, I'm impatient by nature but I accepted it. Then it got pushed back to 3rd of November, now I knew what the cover at looked like. AWESOME! Whoever drew that deserves a medal by the way. Would make an awesome wallpaper.

I'm getting more and more excited and then disaster strikes - DVD is pulled from HMV, Play.com and all kinds. Amazon still have it up. News starts to filter about Liberations situation, I come across this forum to discuss, but my registration gets knocked back saying I got rejected by the admin! Tried to register again, didn't hear anything. So now I'm calling up all kinds of places, Play.com, Amazon. HMV, Zavvi, Asda, Tesco - you name it, I called it. Amazon said they had it via email, and it was in high demand, conflicting information I wanted to share on the board. The next day I say it's been cancelled. I don't give up though, I email Amazon saying "How come you've said you've got copies, but now you're saying you haven't?

I got the reply that SF posted on the last page. I emailed him with this information as I wanted you guys to see it. So there we have it basically, that's the short version.

Personally, for me, the top priority for Rev Films is to get this 1982 Hulk series out there! I await more positive news!

[​IMG]

10. joltman

joltman Member

Have you tried googling the UPC and see what comes up?

11. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

You can rest assured that it's genuine. It's simply disc 1 of the fist season boxset and readily available at Woolworths. it was released the same day as the boxset, a common practice in the UK, very similar to all the endless Batman TAS releases with 2 episodes per disc!

I'm certainly hoping that Revelation release the remaining volumes. As most of the packages have been put together already (I assume), all they need do is whack a Revelation sticker on the back and get them out. Hopefully a packaging re-design won't happen. The boxsets so far have all looked pretty sharp (character designs not withstanding).

So far I've got The Incredible Hulk: 1966, Fantastic Four: The Complete First Season and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends: The Complete First Season. I'm certainly hoping for Spider-Man AHAF Season 2, F4 Season 2, Fantastic Four 1970's and Incredible Hulk 1982. So far I've resisted buying The Incredible Hulk 1996 and X-Men in case no more are released. Bit of a Catch-22 situation.

12. Spider-Friends

Glad you finally made it onto the board, Gary!

Since you saw it there same day of release, it does have to be genuine. That's still very odd that Liberation did all original artwork yet pulled a very tacky looking Green Goblin to stick on this release.

Danzigg, if you don't mind, PLEASE send me a high quality scan of the sleeve and booklet. I'd like to put it on my site since it is an official release.

13. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Yeah... It's real. I see it in Woolworths all the time, but passed considering the season collection.

14. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

Out of interest, has anyone heard anything about the '81 Spider-Man cartoon or the '94 Spider-Man cartoon? That might not be at the front of Revelations minds at the moment I guess.

15. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

I think you're right there. As even Liberation hasn't seemed to have done much on those two titles, probably nothing at all, I doubt we'll hear much soon.

Assuming that Revelation do start releasing the Marvel titles my guess would be they'll start with Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends Season2/3, Fantastic Four Season 2, The Incredible Hulk 1982, Fantastic Four 70's and The Incredible Hulk (and She-Hulk) Season 2.

After that, it'll all boil down to sales figures.

16. RydermanUK

RydermanUK Member

The SMAHAF single disc is a Woolworths exclusive that came out the same day that the season 1 boxset came out (that they don't stock).

This is my first post here but I have checked out most of the previous entries, and wanted to let you all know that the Hulk 96 vol 1 is not uncut, Return of the Beast Part 1 is cut by about a minute, (the scene with Rick Jones "sleazing out" on his boss, if im correct.

17. Spider-Friends

We're glad to have you! We need more 'old school' Marvel cartoon fans around here!

In my discussions with my contact at Liberation Entertainment UK, it was admitted that 'Return of the Beast Part 1' was edited. I was told that they were not given the audio for that scene. They wanted to quickly release the set to coincide with the Hulk theatrical movie that was coming out so the decision was made to simply cut the scene. I was told that the scene IS on the disc if you are able to select the German audio version. No one here has been able to do so yet. (I have been able to select the German version of the SM&HAF disc, which is a Region 2 disc. Hulk 96 is a Region 0 disc which may be the reason we have not been able to select the other languages.)

18. BCI Guy

BCI Guy Member

It's actually just the opposite. Sales data shows complete seasons way outsell the smaller sets. It was true of Batman: TAS, JLA, Teen Titans, wtc. It also looks to be true for Real Ghostbusters.

In fact the failures of the single disc sets is what led to more complete seasons, fewer single disc releases and unfortunately the practice of not putting out any more DVDs for a series because the studio assumed the consumers did not have enough interest in the property - when they were actually holding out for season sets.

19. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

Run it through DVD Shrink. This will tear it apart and show you, title by title, each audio and video section of the disc very easily. I have edited audio over video to the exact frame for accuracy when editing wrestling discs - so it would be possible here if I could get my hands on an uncut version of Return Of The Beast. Only disadvantage would be, it would need to be burned again.

20. RydermanUK

RydermanUK Member

I think they may have been refering to a version put out in germany, I've scanned the disc with a rebuilder program on my PC and there is no german audio or menus on this disc, unlike the later discs.
    So I pressume this one was put out in different versions for different regions.

As for them not having the audio track, the scene is completely intact on the Disney Incredible Hulk Volume, Liberation should have hijacked it for there own release and given light fingered Disney staff a taste of their own medicine after they stole Marvel's artwork for there own releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.