1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

I've also noticed the complete series of Spider-Man & His Amzing Friends has a date of 24th November? no listing on Play of HMV for this though, strange?

2. Spider-Friends

Spider-Friends www.spider-friends.com

Keep in mind that, of the three sites, Amazon is the one with slower updates and more errors. I would expect there would be an announcement from Liberation before these were back on the schedule.

3. joltman

joltman Member

I received my order from Amazon.co.uk today! It's exciting and upsetting at the same time, knowing that I have some Marvel animation on DVD, and yet not knowing if I will be able to complete the series.

4. joltman

joltman Member

I just noticed something very interesting....most of the stuff that has already been released (the only one I don't see is Hulk Season 1, Volume 2) now is listed as a pre-order at Amazon.co.uk with a November 10, 2008 release date, and with the studio listed as Revelation Films Ltd. Additionally, I see two that were not already released, Amazing Friends complete series (NOT seasons 2+3) and Silver Sufer complete, both with November 24, 2008 dates and Revelation as the studio. I know these two were noted above, but I don't think anyone realized they were from a different studio.

EDIT: I wanted to note that the Tick releases from Liberation are the same, now with pre-orders for November 10 by Revelation.

EDIT AGAIN: More interesting, I'm noticing that other unreleased ones, while aren't available for pre-order, list a November 24 released by Revelation. It seems every title that I didn't mention above that is listed on Amazon.co.uk has this info.

EDIT ONE MORE TIME: This seems to be the website of Revelation, and while it doesn't mention any of the Marvel titles, they do seem like a company that would release them. They have a contact us page, and I sent them an email asking if they are going to be releasing these Marvel titles, I'll let you know if I get a response.

#24 joltman, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
  5. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

Interesting, guess I'll contact Rev Films for clarification as there website has no listing, here's hoping!

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder why the Amazon page for Season 1 is saying that it's being released Nov. 10th.

7. joltman

joltman Member

See my post two above yours, it lists Revelations Films instead of Liberation Entertainment as the studio.

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm just curious as to why this would stop them from selling the sets they already have

9. Spider-Friends

I was not going to post this because I thought it had no merit. From what you guys are saying though, it may mean something...but take it with a grain of salt. This is an e-mail I got from someone a couple of days ago:

10. akuma632

akuma632 Member

Same here!!! I got my DVDs on Sat. I was so happy to see them but so sad about not knowing if I will ever get to complete my sets!!! Lets keep our fingures crossed for Revelation Films Ltd which i will call "A NEW HOPE" for all of us to get those Marvel DVDs !!!

Sets i just got in the mail are:
    Spider-man And His Amazing Friends - Season 1
    X-Men - Season 1 V2
    Hulk 60s

11. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

Good news just spoke to lovely lady in the press office at Rev Films she has confirmed they have bought the Marvel back catalogue, whilst she had no dates as the moment she did advise the website would be updated when more news was available.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we are back in the game.

12. Spider-Friends

SWEEEEET!!!! Great work, Danzigg!

13. joltman

joltman Member

Hey, don't I get any credit for pointing out the new studio on Amazon? :p

14. TheAmazingIceman

TheAmazingIceman Spider-Friend

Danzigg you are the man!!!! I can sleep soundly now.

15. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

Of course without your eagle eye I would have just dismissed this listing on Amazon, Credit where it is due if it were not for you Joltman we would never had known. Happy times all round.:D :D :D :D

I kind of got the feeling from Rev Films this whole deal was new as when i asked this had to be checked out and confirmed. So I would not expect any news straight away and not being in this business have no idea how long it will take. As previously mentioned some of the titles have already been classified. Maybe even in some cases discs have been burnt ready and sets ready for sale. but there may be some rebranding required? In any case i would be very surprised if any were released before christmas and what of future titles intended for release(e.g 1990's Spider-Man) will they ever see the light of day, who knows.

16. Spider-Friends

You get a No-Prize. :D

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty weird how all this rights' stuff works but it's good to know we'll still see the shows released. I just hope the new company does the most they can with these properties and releases some great dvd sets. I couldn't be any more eager to my hands on some dvds of the three 80's series than I am right now. Getting the others wouldn't be too shabby either.

18. TheAmazingIceman

TheAmazingIceman Spider-Friend

Hey Jon do you think there might be a chance that Rev Films would let you do the cover art for Spider-Friends since they probably won't be using the cover art from Liberation? I hope that they check with you on episodes just like Liberation did. I would love to see your art on all the sets and even maybe art cards for each character kind of like character Bios. That would be sweet.

19. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

I agree with that.

20. Spider-Friends

If they ask, you know I'll do it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.