1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Marvel Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It's time for the 4th installment of the Marvel Animation DVD News Thread, folks! This is the place to post all DVD and Blu-ray news and comments! Want the latest news? Well, keep reading this thread!

[​IMG]
    The Spectacular Spider-Man: Attack of the Lizard (Standard DVD, September 9th, 2008)

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

To check out the newest information, look for the newest post in this thread for any updates. For the latest information on what's coming to DVD and Blu-ray from the Animated Marvel Universe, check out the links below:

-Marvel Animation Age
    -Toon Zone News

Archive:
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 3
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 2
    The Official Marvel Animation DVD Thread, Part 1

Note #1: Please mark any spoilers appropriately.

Note #2: Please keep this topic, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

I'm currently trying to get an updated release date for the upcoming region 2 Iron Man set. I will, of course, update you all when I am able.

Furthermore, they have also announced that all episodes of the 1960's Captain America, Iron Man, The Mighty Thor and The Submarinor will be released in one single package shortly, using the cover art presented below.

[​IMG]

3. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

If only they'd done that with the series. That would've been interesting. Even though if would give fanboys something else to rant about. :p

Hmmmm maybe they should do a Thunderbolts series or DTV. Not the current Thunderbolts obviously, but what it was in the beginning. Villains posing as Heroes in order to gain access to the governments files and secrets. That would be something fresh for tV.

4. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

thanks for the cover art peeks.. I'm still jealous of Region 2 folks, doggone it, I want them in USA, region 1 (or 0)..
    ... interesting they took the kevin macguire art from Cap #25 on the side panel.. and some retouched John Byrne art on the cover..

5. James Harvey

6. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

Is there a release date for the next Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes release? I understand it is only a volume release but this could be the only volume release for the series.

7. Stu

TVShowsOnDVD states that volume 2 will be released on September 11th. Being that ads have already started appearing for volume 3, I'd imagine we'll have that before years end. At this rate, the show will be coming out quicker on DVD than it appears on Cartoon Network!

8. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Hey stu will Ironman come to the U.S after you guys get it.

9. Stu

Doesn't look like it. Maximum Entertainment doesn't appear to have the rights to release the series in the US. They're a very small company too - I think they'd have to outsource production if they wanted to break into the region 1 market.

Back to hoping Marvel gets the rights back Disney I'm afriad...

10. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Can you look into the situation with the Marvel Disney rights.

11. Tempest

Tempest Member

THAT'S a great idea THE THUNDERBOLTS! But you'd have to have THE AVENGERS in conjuction with it because when the THUNDERBOLTS are exposed there has to be someone to take em down and for them to bounce off antagonist wise. It's also a great way to compensate for the LACK of super villians in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS 1&2.

12. andyscot

andyscot Andrew Crawford

Maximum Entertainment went bust, they have been bought out with all there catalogs of shows by another company not sure who, hence why stuff has started to get released again and i believe the new company have plans for box sets or season sets of all the shows they got from Maximum Entertainment

13. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

That's cool. Maximum Entertainment puts out some classic childerns programs, just as volume sets not seasonal. :(

I think this'll be the start of a good think for region 2 DVDs.

14. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Now that I think about it, there's no excuse for Disney not to have release the Spider-Man 80s Solo Series. Aside from the fact that it's part of a big franchise and that 80s cartoons sold well on DVD, they could have cross promoted it through the other franchises. Given that the following villains appeared:

Green Goblin (Spider-Man)
    Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man 2)
    Kingpin (Daredevil)
    Magneto (X-Men and X-Men 2)
    Doctor Doom (Fantastic Four)

Still, sometimes I still believe that their choice to ignore more X-Men sets were due to X-Men 2 beating The Lizzie McGuire Movie.

15. Bones Justice

Bones Justice Bring on the noise!

Is there a possibility that we could see season X-Men TAS region 2 sets now? It seems like rights are different between UK / USA. I know there was one release in region 2 that never made it to region 1. Or does Disney have control in the UK, as well?

At this point, I would even settle for season four of X-Men Evolution in region 2 DVD's, if that's all I can get. Though I think region 2 is still behind region 1 for Evo.

16. Jon T

Jon T Friendless Spidey

I'm pretty certain that Disney does have control of at least some of the Marvel shows. My guess is that the one's they have complete DVD distribution rights are mainly the ones featuring the more popular heroes like Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four. That explains why Maximum Entertainment haven't touched those series, even though Disney never released any episodes of them on DVD. It's also worth noting that for series that have already been released in whole or in part on DVD (well, only in part in the UK), Disney clearly still have complete control over them.

One episode of the 1966 Hulk was a bonus on Disney's sole animated Hulk DVD released in both R1 and R2, and the '66 Hulk series was the only one not released by Maximum Entertainment. I'm not expecting any of the older Marvel series to be released on R1 DVD unless there's a change in ownership of them.

17. SS Kakarot

SS Kakarot Member

Where did you find out about this set, I can't find anything on it.:sweat:
    Would be awesome if they are releasing the 90's Iron Man in a box-set!

18. ifthismeansevos

ifthismeansevos It's been a while.

X-m:e S4

Does anyone knows when WB will release X-Men:Evolution Season 4 on DVD?And do they plan to release it's season 3 internationally/worldwide?

19. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There aren't any plans to release X men Evolution season 4 that I've read anywhere. Which is really odd, I never heard any news of it not selling enough copies, but maybe it didn't sell enough. Who knows, except for those in charge. But at the moment I wouldnt hold my breath on hearing any news about it anytime soon.

20. James Harvey

Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes - Volume Two hits shelves today! Check out the official talkback for the DVD release by clicking on the image below!

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for more DVD news and updates!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.