1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Marshall Mathers LP 2: Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Toon Master, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

What did you think? Was it better than the first? Did it exceed your expectations?

I think it's actually better than the first MMLP. The original dragged on a little bit and while this one has a few bad spots like "Stronger Than I Was" I feel that Eminem topped himself here.

2. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

I don't think I can possibly disagree more with this. MMLP2 is good & I'd say it's better than Recovery. But outside of "Brainless", "Groundhog Day", & "Headlights", it comes nowhere close to the original MMLP. It's same problem I had with The Bluepirnt 3, quite honestly.

3. Wan

Wan The First Avatar

The original Marshall Mathers LP is a masterpiece and one of the greatest rap albums of all-time. The sequel is just a decent follow up to his successful Recovery album.

4. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

I haven't listened to it and probably won't but it seems to be another case of rappers and singers "sequelizing" their breakout albums so as to secure a good amount of hype and a good amount of easy sales. I'm not saying this was Em's intention but it's a common marketing strategy.

In other words, while the media seemsvto be mostly praising the album there are plenty of fans who are on both sides of the fence giving the album mixed reviews. One day I may come around to listening to the whole thing though but I just gotta get in the mood for it.

5. Utronix

Utronix Creator Of Early Hours

Only listened to the album once yesterday. As a massive rap fan it sounded a lot different than ems old work but honestley its great. Looking forward to listening to it a few more times and really getting into the lyrics

6. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

You could really tell that Rick Rubin had a hand in "Berserk" and "So Far..." right off the bat.