1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loud House with no Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by dumbfoolkid5, May 13, 2017.

1. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Could the show work if there was no Lincoln nor Clyde? Just the girls doing the narrations on their own stories?

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Why would that happen? Isn't the whole point of the show seeing a boy living with a bunch of sisters?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Just think of it as a what if scenario.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

IMHO? ...IMHO??

YES - because I don't like Lincoln (nor anyone who claims to be his friend, especially Clyde!) being the forefront for conflict (or their resolutions), constantly all the time. It would truly begin to fix some serious issues I have this damn show because of that, honestly.

What I mean by that is that it would allow the show to better develop its large-as-hell cast even better than what we have now, which, while not bad, is nothing truly special, IMHO. More importantly, those girls are just as much main characters as Lincoln is, so I know I'm not talking crazy here.

These girls may have focus/development, sure, but it can always be optimized. What I mean by that is that I have nothing but pure confidence that it can be so much more by giving them Lincoln's power to 4th wall break as well, resulting in a much better chance to give them a proper voice to their characters at large.

However, don't completely remove Lincoln from the show (Clyde? He can beat it, honestly.). Just put him on the sidelines and do what he does with the girls (and sometimes, even the parents) as frequently as possible, especially to keep things more legitimately fresh and interesting, as seeing Lincoln being the only one doing this is always at risk of getting old, real fast.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

That would be like Rugrats without Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, & Angelica, or Fairly Odd Parents without Timmy, Cosmo, & Wanda, or SpongeBob SquarePants without SpongeBob himself, or...well you get the idea!

In other words removing Lincoln would ruin The Loud House!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

No, getting rid of Lincoln would defeat the purpose of the show, which is a brother having to put up with his ten sisters. Clyde on the other hand wouldn't cause too much harm to the show if he disappeared.

• Like Like x 4
  7. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I have to agree with others, it wouldn't be the same if they made a show without Lincoln, as it would focus way too much on the Loud sister, not that I have something against them, now as for kids in Lincoln's school, who are either friends with him, I personally wouldn't care if they weren't in the picture since they are more useless than Clyde period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

What really needs to happen is Lincoln actually splitting more of his time with his sisters. The biggest problem this show has is Lincoln eats up all the time they haven't been doing a good job giving his sisters the amount of time they need as well. It is mainly Lincoln needing Clyde for most of his problems even though the show should focus on Lincoln needing his sisters help or I don't know him doing things that he needs to take care of not him needing Clyde 99.9% of the time. Honestly Lincoln repeats himself other times.

From what I have heard is a later episode is going to feature Lisa and only give Lincoln a few seconds of screen time, I look forward to that because the show needs to feature the other characters as well and let us see what are they capable of.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. D-nice is the man.

If it was just Lincoln's Ten Sisters it would be still called The Loud House, but still Lincoln is supposed to me the Main Character, so no it wouldn't be the same.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Candy Randy

Candy Randy Active Member

As jaylop97 said, the recent podcast featuring the show's writers mentioned an upcoming episode where Lincoln would only say two lines, and in addition there's a possibility that some future episodes would not include him (they had said that they became more focused on writing about the sisters as the show progressed). I really don't mind that Lincoln is the star, but only time will tell whether the writers decide to sideline him in several episodes is a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I don't mind that there is gonna be episodes without Lincoln since giving the sisters their own episodes means a variety in plots and stories. But Lincoln should still be the star and should still episodes that focus on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It'd be interesting to see what the show would be like.
    I'd imagine there'd no longer be a boy vs. girl dynamic. It'd actually allow the girls a chance to be fleshed out more. We're supposed to get more episodes where the girls get more focus. It'll be cool to see them talk to the audience. We've already seen one of the twins and Clyde do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I have an idea: Bunsen is a Beast but without Bunsen.

Or Mikey.

14. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

this technically doesn't relate to this thread at all with loud house. but i can guess bunsen is a beast without mikey could be a possibility, but then again it's up to studios though.

as for loud house without lincoln, as agreed with rest of people, i dont think it works. lincoln is the main protagonist of the show, but as someone said with future episodes of season 3 may be focus of sisters more. i dunno. it might be nice, once in a while..

15. cryslynn123

cryslynn123 New Member

It could, but it's more interesting to see how one boy deals with having ten freakin sisters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well honestly you couldn't just take Lincoln out of the Loud House if you wanted a take on the show that just focused on the sisters. See Lincoln is the lead character and if not voice of reason at least our central focus straight man in some sense whose reactions and interactions drive the narrative of the show. No Nickelodeon show or any show in general would just be about 10 sisters with constalty switching hands on who the lead and focus would be of the series. If Lincoln wasn't there you'd either have to make one of the other sisters or a new character pop in to be the lead of the show to give it a constant. I mean though every series has a main cast there is always either a duo or just a person in the middle of it who is suppose to get the primary focus and who the story usually generally revolves around. Taking out Lincoln doesn't change the fact that is a necessity so it wouldn't just be removing him that would have to happen to get this idea to work. Not to mention if the lead was changed to one of the sisters you would have to change one of their personltiaies some to make them more reltable as your main protagainist and also have to change a bit how the show operates. I can't imagine a Loud House where there is no main brother character having the same specific aesthic or even a lot of the same plot types.

I mean it would be an interesting idea and I would like to see it tried but it does require more then just taking out Lincoln for it to really work and that's something that should be acknolwedged.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #16 Neo Ultra Mike, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  17. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

I don't think you need to COMPLETELY take him out, but it'd be a way more interesting show if they'd focus more on the cast as a whole rather than continue to focus on Lincoln. Why even HAVE a main character, mix it up! Like, Weekenders for example, there'd be a different narrator almost every episode of one of the main cast, giving some straight up equality to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

I think it could. I don't think they should remove them from the show, but you could certainly do episodes where they don't appear. I mean in say "Patching Things Up" they are basically irrelevant to the plot and you could recut the episode to remove their scenes without losing anything. I think moving to more of an ensemble format would open more story options and I don't think it would betray the premise of the show because it's called "The Loud House", not "The Misadventure of Lincoln Loud".

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Removing Lincoln would get rid of the show's conflict

I mean the whole point of the show is seeing how he copes with 10 sisters

What if FOP didn't have Cosmo & Wanda or had another character like Jorgen von Strangle playing their role?

Or SBSP had a character that wasn't SpongeBob in his role?

Guess you can't call the show "SpongeBob SquarePants" anymore! :D

However it wouldn't be impossible to take Lincoln out since the show isn't called "Lincoln Loud" but it would have to be completely retooled from the ground up