1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The Loud House Season One Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, May 2, 2016.

1. keogamer

keogamer New Member

I really enjoy Undie pressure yet i fear Some People going to attack this show over Lincoln wanted to be near naked around his sister while reading comics, over blowing the comedic and plote value for sake of their own "agenda"

I better prepare my face palm for it.

Lincoln or swim was enjoyable but the gag of lincoln setting up the pool got tiresome real quick but does'nt ruin the episode. Nice to see Bobby more often and bit flesh out It seem the loud family all share in babysitting lily. Maybe I wasn't paying attention in other episode but seeing lucy baby sit lilly was nice. I hope They keep showing different Loud member taking turns. Speaking of lily I just love her "Poopoo" in the theme song. ITS SOO ADORABLE!.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Here's the image. Really cool. [​IMG]

I really like this show. I like Lucy and Lori the most, because they have the most personality, while the others are just defined by their one type, but hopefully they give the other sisters more depth. I also liked how in "Linc or Swim" the sisters still let Lincoln join in the pool, even though they would be justified not to since he was being selfish earlier.

3. keogamer

keogamer New Member

The other sister seem pretty flesh out as well.

Luna the closet to one dimensional, though we know she makes habit of learning other language so that something

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Did anyone else think of Sticks from Sonic Boom, when Luna gave her battle cry in the Chicken Fight?

5. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

What a sweet cameo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Well its been two weeks in and I have to say that this cartoon definitely surprised me. I saw the characters and thought "Oh God, Gravity Falls ripped off much?" and yet now I feel almost as if they have a certain childish spirit that even their Gravity Falls look-a-likes lacked. The show is very funny and well produced. It seems rare if at all that Lincoln succeeds in what he sets out to do at the beginning of the episode, but regardless, they find a way to make most endings finish on an upbeat note. A few characters are waiting in line to get actually get fleshed out (most notably Luna) but so far I've been most impressed by characters like Lola and Leni, who I thought would be the one-dimensional superficial one-note gag ones, they're actually by far the funniest and sweetest.

7. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

What the heck did you see about this show that "Ripped off Gravity Falls" ? Its as far from GF as it could be. The premise and art style are different, just what made you think that?

Even if you like it now, I dont see any similarity to Gravity Falls. MAYBE Star vs the forces of evil but that's it.

8. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well the only simularity I see from Gravity Falls is Lincoln often sacrificing his desires for his sisters, just like Dipper often makes sacrifices for Mabel.

9. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

I meant that some of the character designs look similar. ie, Luan looks like Mabel and is the "funny one", Lori looks like Pacifica and is the "mean one". But like I said, that was just a first impression.

10. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

This show is pretty good but I can't stop thinking that if this was an anime it would be a harem

11. TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy Active Member

Funny enough, there's a harem anime with a very similar premise called Sister Princess. Which is also based on a Visual Novel. Make of that what you will

• Like Like x 1
  12. zoombie

I thought of a similar thing, though if that happened, Lincoln would age up a bit, he would be the oldest brother in that situation if not close to the oldest. I also had similar thought if Hollywood with their terrible live action adaptions,if they did a live action Steven Universe movie that they would age him up and turn it into a harem. Though at least in that case, they are not blood related but still.

Another thin I do ask you all what if they took out either the 5 oldest or 5 youngest sisters out of the show, and Lincoln is either the oldest or youngest, which would you prefer? Both would be interesting and have prudential, you don't see too many cartoon shows about a younger brother and older sister and have their relationship be positive, most little brothers with an older sister are brats, that is one of the things I loved about Steven Universe, and that is the closest we get to that a show that celebrate the bond off older sister / younger brother., but I also love seeing Lincoln in big brother mood, that is so adorable, but not breaking much new ground, older brother / younger sister that has been done a lot.

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Hey, since we have around lot of people talking much about Loud House, I'm wondering since there's new episode for tomorrow, my opinion is shouldn't there will be separate threads for each episodes talkback?

14. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

You know considering the SpongeBob reference in Left in the Dark and the elderly Nicktoon characters appearing in Linc or Swim I'm hoping that there will be references to past or current Nicktoons. Like maybe at a science fair there is a kid who looks like Jimmy Neutron or at a pet shop there are animals that look like Ren and Stimpy, Gir, Porkchop, Spunky, Darwin, etc.

15. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

LoudHouse_zpseffqmj42.jpg
    Loud House episodes for Week 3 are...

"Hand-Me-Downer" Airing @ 5PM
    (5/16)

"Sleuth or Consequences" Airing @ 5PM (5/17)

"Changing the Baby" Airing @ 5PM (5/18)

"Sound of Silence" Airing @ 5PM (5/19)

"Space Invader" Airing @ 5PM (5/20)

#95 jaylop97, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  16. zoombie

Hand-Me-Downer

This is the very first episode I ever saw, so I have some nostalgic feelings for this episode. As an only child, I can't relate this episode, but it something I understand others can relate to.

It is weird to see so much of the town, the series is just at the Lincoln house, but refreshing to see the outside world.

I like the lesson of Lincoln learning to appreciate his sister's hand me downs, and handed down something to his younger sister.

And that puppet is creepy.

This was a great episode.

17. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I saw "Driving Miss Hazy" yesterday and was impressed. This show is genuinely enjoyable with lots of heartwarming moments. Here's to hoping it doesn't go the way of Harvey Beaks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

To be honest Harvey Beaks is good but it isn't as good as this show. In fact the ratings for The Loud House greatly exceed Harvey's who recently only got 1.04 on the Nielson scale.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. zoombie

Sleuth Or Consequences

Okay the controversial episode, how should it have ended? Should Lucy have come clean or should Lincoln make the sacrifice.

I could go either way, the one thing I am not a fan of is toilet humor, and in this case literal toilet humor.

The question I have Lucy's skin is much more paler than the rest of the family, is she adopted? I am seriously, she don't look like a blood relative.

20. TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy Active Member

I wouldn't say it was controversial. There's just one whinny person on the old forums who kept complaining about the ending. Honestly, I think it was the perfect ending. It showed us that Lincoln really does care about his sisters and the feelings they have. The fact that he was willing to sacrifice his trip just to keep Lucy from feeling even more depressed was very brave.

• Like Like x 1