1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The Loud House Season One Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, May 2, 2016.

1. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

All this talk makes me hope that Nick doesn't try to cancel the show just because like it did with El Tigre.

2. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Well-Known Member

I didn't like El Tigre I hated the character designs but I also can't stand Back to the Barnyard! The only Nicktoons I actually liked are the following: Rugrats,SBSP,FOP,Rocko,Catdog,Angry Beavers,& I guess Hey Arnold! But Nick's game shows like GUTS,Figure it Out,Nick Arcade,Legends of the Hidden Temple,etc was where it was REALLY at! That's when Nick was at there absolute very best!

More like the writers must be fans of the N64 but how can it be an actual N64 did they actually get permission from Nintendo if not Nick's going to be in BIG trouble!

#62 Mikurotoro92, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  3. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Just a little observation
    Lincoln has an N64

kid is a retro gamer

4. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

I wonder if he owns oh thats a baseball

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Picture Perfect

Well that was a cute and funny episodes. The bit with Leni wearing glasses and Lisa wearing sun glasses that was cute. Well this episode had the message of be happy for what you got, what have gotten many episodes with those same messages.

I liked the first photo better myself, I think Lincoln was just really upset but his cups being dis guarded.

Since they all took part in the picture, shouldn't that picture be all of them, not just Lincoln?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SaneMan

Once again, really enjoyed this one

7. SaneMan

Undie Pressure
    All things considered this was a pretty good episode
    Lola got to be the antagonist this time around for a change, we got to finally see Lori's boyfriend (and man, can his affection be scary), we get a very clever use of Lily (one wonders why they don't give her the pacifier more often, it seem to do wonders for her), and the ending was once again a very clever subversion of a tired cliche, which even points out why said cliche is dumb to begin with
    The creators really seem to know what they are doing

Also, at least according to wikipedia, the show is getting some pretty good ratings
    Not SpongeBob level, but it is going toe-to-toe with Alvin & the Chipmunks

8. zoombie

Undie Pressure

Another great episode, it is funny how they are self aware of their quirks. Of course Leni would be the first to go. I could do without Lisa's poop experiment.

We finally get to see Bobby, kind of reminds me of Jeff from American Dad.

In the end, the girls won the bet because of Lily, I do question saying a baby crying is a habit, no that is just what baby's do. If she was older and cried a lot okay that is a different story. You could say Steven Universe or Pearl from Steven Universe their crying is a habit because they are not babies, but they known for their crying.

Anyway this week it is just great episodes, so far all episodes have no Clyde in them, only one more episode to go, we might have a Clyde free week, not that I care one way or another, just an observation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Clyde's obsession with Lori is just stupid, annoying, and I can do without it (and not just as a black person who's annoyed by such tropes...).

I dislike him MORE than I do Lori or Leni, honestly.

#69 I.R. Shokew, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  10. Ultrablud2

Ultrablud2 Member

Okay, so... apparently Lincoln reads comic books in his underwear and his sisters just decide to let him do it (begrudgingly, but still)... Am I the only one who gets a harem/incestious feeling from that?

11. Ultrablud2

Ultrablud2 Member

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/05/12/carlos-penavega-returns-to-nickelodeon-with-loud-house/

Acorrding to this article, two characters will debut in LH, Lori's boyfriend, Bobby (who we already saw in "Undie Pressure") and one of Lincoln's classmates, Ronnie Anne (who looks like she's Bobby's brother). Acorrding to the article, Ronnie's "into skating, gaming and pranking, but also has a softer side".

Lincoln's classmate, or Lincoln's future romantic interest? YOU MAKE THE CALL!

#71 Ultrablud2, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  12. Richard A.

Richard A. Member

I mean, they sorta established the two's relationship in "Heavy Meddle", where she picked on him because she kinda liked him

13. Ultrablud2

Ultrablud2 Member

I didn't know that, I haven't watched every LH episode because KissCartoon had done a ****** job at uploading the episodes.

Also, are they REALLY using the "bullying someone you have a crush on" trope? First Clyde's crush on Lori and now this? Unless Clyde stops crushing on Lori and starts a relationship with Lisa, I don't want to see this show attempt to show romance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #73 Ultrablud2, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  14. Richard A.

Richard A. Member

See, that makes me glad that I bought the season pass on iTunes. Anyway, we'll just have to see how it goes. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and actually pull it off

15. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Undie Pressure was pretty awesome/funny and my favorite of the best funny episodes,

Both Lincoln vs. the Loud sisters making a bet to see who can go the longest without displaying their most annoying traits/habits, funny, hahahahaha:p.
    Lola getting the major antagonist role after Lori was great/enjoyable/funny.
    Lana being like a dog was funny, hahahahahahaha.
    So funny when Lori, Leni, Lucy, Lynn, and Lana easily lost the bet, hahahahahahaha:p.
    Nice to see Bobby.
    Lincoln vs. Lola for the bet was great/funny.
    Poor Lincoln lost, Lily wins, hehehe, they would of had Lily not cry at times, hehehe.
    Lola's soft sides getting Lincoln new underwear was great, both Lori/Lola, best bullies/jerkwads with a heart of gold which their soft side moments were sweet.

#75 Radical, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  16. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Okay don't freak out....because I'm going to that myself. On today's Loud House there was a scene with a group of old people...old people that looked like Iroh, Grandpa Phil, Ms. Fowl, Grandpa Lou, and Ms. Bitters! I think this show is starting to put in Nickelodeon Easter Eggs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. keogamer

keogamer New Member

While I can;t say i dislike him that harshly but I'll admit his crush on lori is down right annoying and pathetic.

Not Only Is Lori not the nicest person or attractive sister, She also much older and involved with some one already. why Clyde obsessed over her is beyond me. and if it only gig is licoln friend with one track mind he wont be memorable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. zoombie

Linc Or Swim

Who knew kiddie pools were so popular, especially with the older sisters. Dam the Loud family they kept kicked out of public pools, they almost as bad as the Pines family.

The gag is Lincoln will never get to do his canon ball, and when he finally does destroys the pool. Though the sisters had the end still led Lincoln use their pool after Lincoln.

Was Lincoln justified in his selfish actions, kicking them out okay maybe he had justification, buying a pool for one person, yup that was pretty selfish and all because he let his imagination get the better of him.

Anyway good episode, and so we conclude our second Loud bomb, and a Clyde less week, if I didn't read a future episode synopsis in which he is in, I would think maybe he is off the show.

19. Ultrablud2

Ultrablud2 Member

Well, I have a theory as to why Clyde has a crush on Lori... but I can't tell you that theory because that would spoil one of the upcoming episodes. Let's just say it's something you wouldn't expect to see in a Modern Nickelodeon show.

20. zoombie

Didn't notice that was cool. Now if this show was a Disney show, I wonder what characters would be used in that Easter Egg, Grunkle Stan for one, Scrooge McDuck? Lao Shi from American Dragon: Jake Long. and what if this was a Cartoon Network show what characters would they use, hmm have to think about that, I guess I will start with Nanafu Pizza.