1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Loud House" is Getting a Movie

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by CoolEric158, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Asa

Asa Member

The Loud House is getting a movie? Holy shamoley!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, they didn't even wait for the second season to be done, the show must be a real hit!
    I hope people will still love the show by the time the movie comes out. I'd love for theatrical animated movies based on cartoon shows to become a thing again.

As for plot, a road trip, seems the most fitting for the cast. Or maybe even traveling to another country!

• Like Like x 1
  3. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

I have never seen this show, but it seems to be huge and interesting. I can't wait to see this movie!

4. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

I want to see a supernatural adventure. Something they don't usually do on TV.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo New Poster. Old Lurker.

This is really cool news. I hope it won't turn out like the supposed "AT Theatrical Film" that's not going to happen.

6. PhenomsServant4

PhenomsServant4 Active Member

Seriously!? I heard about this but I thought it was a joke. How the heck does a cartoon get a movie when it's not even a year old?

7. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Because the show's popular with most fanbase, and actually Loud House had been greenlighted in 2014, in a little delay, the series started debuting early May of last year, and now currently in season 2 with new episodes. Yeah that explains why it was so quick to make announcement of theater movie, which will be set to 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DomainMorph

DomainMorph Banned

Neither Chris Savino or any of the staff have confirmed about the movie really happening? This is the same news site that said about the Nicktoons Crossover movie which turned out to be false.

9. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The VA for Luan shared the article on Twitter, so I think this is real.

• Like Like x 1
  10. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

DON'T JINX IT.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

it is pretty u usual for a show to get a movie this early in its life cycle

I guess Nick was pretty impressed that it beat the sponge in the ratings, and are thus trying to milk it for all it's worth befoore people notice ,

12. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

The timing isn't that odd. It will have been four years since the show premiered. Recess, The Wild Thornberrys, The Powerpuff Girls, and Teacher's Pet got their movies four years after they premiered.

13. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well, due to the fact that the Loud House came out in 2016, so given that they'll be four years old in 2020

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It should be pointed out that South Park got a movie two years into the show's run.

That would be cool. I remember how movies based off the anime (Crayon) Shin-Chan had the characters go on huge adventures involving aliens, robots, and superheroes, while the show itself was very grounded by comparison.
    It would be cool if the movies do something similar. Through globe trotting adventure would still be a step above what they do in the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

YES!!! YES!!! That's precisely where I got the idea! I guess great minds truly think alike.

16. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Knowing the channel hasn't been popular these last years after Korra and are giving the show good treatment It seems like a good move that they are giving this show some well attention.

Also I don't really fear the show going on for a long time knowing Savino put PPG and Dexter's Lab to rest after they were revived, I am sure he will be able to successfully stop The Loud House.

17. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Maybe the film will be used as the series finale like Stephan Hillenburg had intended for Spongebob with it's first film.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. PinkiePie97

I don't doubt that he would want to eventually, but would Nick let him? Stephen Hillenburg wanted to end SpongeBob after the first movie, but since it was such a big hit, Nick wouldn't let that happen. Given how well The Loud House has been doing, I'm not sure if Nick would be willing let it end (provided it continues to do so well, of course).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Savino himself said he wants to the show to go as long as possible. (or something like that). So I don't think the movie will serve as the series finale. In fact, it may introduce new characters like the Rugrats movies (minus Go Wild).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PinkiePie97

At 5:13, Chris Savino says that the movie would be separate from the show.