1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Loud House" is Getting a Movie

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by CoolEric158, Mar 28, 2017.

1. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Currently, Paramount is presenting at Cinemacon, an exhibition show intended to promote new movies and shows in their lineup.

What was just announced, according to Jeff Sneider, is The Loud House is getting a theatrical film currently slated for February 2020.

I'm honestly pretty surprised by the news, since Loud House isn't even a year old yet, and I'm honestly not sure what you can do with a movie, but I'm still rather curious.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Wow, talk about capitalizing on an instant hit. They better hope the show remains popular between now and then, because ventures like this can sometimes not work out.

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Holy crap, go ahead Loud House(not even FOP had a theatrical film

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well by May 2nd, it'll probably be a year old for this year, while for 2020, it'll be about 3 1/2 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I mean, Powerpuff Girls had a similar gap between series debut and theatrical film release. Must have something to do with Savino.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Not even a year ago, I watched the first episode On Demand, and afterwards, I reflected on what I and thought of it, and then got the feeling that knowing Nick, it probably wouldn't go far (maybe it would last a few seasons and get a decent following, but that's it). Boy, was I (and possibly many others) wrong. First, there's how well it does in the ratings and how much Nick reruns it, and now this.
    I think there were plans for an FOP movie at one point, but it never happened.

#6 PinkiePie97, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. Candy Randy

Candy Randy Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Wow......I'm speechless.

That just goes to show how another Nicktoon (that isn't SpongeBob, TMNT or Fairly OddParents) can be a massive hit. Go Loud House!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

Woah, this was rather................unexpected.

10. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Well that was fast. Go Loud House, Go!!!

11. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

What a nice surprise. I wonder what kind of plot a Loud House movie will have. And I'm glad they confirmed it instead of just being on development. I wonder if they'll order more episodes, or stretch out the second and third season to 2020.

12. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Hey, that's pretty dope. I haven't watched that much of it but kudos to Nick for investing in their new successful properties. I guess this is all the more reason to get up to speed with the rest of the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. D-nice is the man.

I expected a TV Movie at best, but I didn't expect a theatrical release that's pretty cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #13 D-nice is the man., Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  14. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

What in the world? I know this show is awesome and popular, but I didn't expect it to get a movie, especially since it's only been around for like a year. Nick must have some great faith in The Loud House.

I wonder if this will be animated or live-action. I just have this feeling that live-action is a possibility.

15. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

So their really IS going to be a Loud House movie? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

16. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Wow! I was only expecting to get loud house to have a TV movie or special for season 3, but theater movie? Looks like this news came too fast, but this is definitely nice. Looking forward for it, but it have to wait for 2020.

17. moose_tracks12

moose_tracks12 Active Member

I'm so thankful of Chris Savino for making such a great Nicktoon like this. He's put a lot of work into it and it's really paid off in ratings and reviews for Nickelodeon. Hearing about the show getting a movie in theaters this early in the game was a real surprise, but it's very well-deserved. Overall, Nick gearing up a lineup of new animated movies in the coming years is incredible to hear. It may be a bit too early to say, but it seems to prove that they're working so much harder now to have a very strong animation lineup for the future, thanks to the success of The Loud House and the increasing quality of the newest SpongeBob episodes. Nickelodeon seems to really be learning from these most recent successes, and I'm hoping for nothing but the best for them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I said it a few times, but TLH got to be the most luckiest Nicktoon in a long time. Their love of the show is evident by a few things: two season renewables, regular reruns, and now this. I really want Nick to treat their cartoons with almost as much respect as this and SpongeBob, but I doubt its ever gonna happen again. Compared to SpongeBob which was only a few years ago, it took less than a year for The Loud House to get its own movie. Honestly I'm looking forward to it and the upcoming SpongeBob movie more than most of the movies this year has to offer.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Considering how we have to wait until 2020 it's most likely animated.

Anyway, remember how The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie was originally supposed to be the series finale? Well, I'm hoping that won't be the case with The Loud House.

20. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Seeing how SpongeBob eventually got hit by seasonal rot (though I feel it's since bounced back from that), I honestly wouldn't be opposed to The Loud House ending with the movie (even though I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work out like that).

• Agree Agree x 2