The Loud House - "Episodes 93 - 95" Talkback Thread [10/16/17 - 10/18/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Oct 15, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

1. No Spoilers

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Read Aloud

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Not A Loud

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Enjoyed that Halloween special last Friday? Well, there's three new episodes this week. Which is less than usual, but the half hour special should make up for that. And it also evens us out, since after this month they'll be a solid 3 half hours.

Click here for previous Talkback Thread
    Click here for the next Talkback Thread
    Click here for News & Discussion Thread

[​IMG]
    No Spoilers
    Episode 93 (221b)
    Premieres Monday, October 16th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Knowing Leni’s history of spoiling surprises, the kids decide not to tell her about Mom’s upcoming party. But keeping Leni away is no easy task.

[​IMG]
    Read Aloud
    Episode 94 (Episode 223a)
    Premieres Tuesday, October 17th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

The family embarks on a reading challenge at the library, but Lola refuses to participate.

[​IMG]
    Not A Loud
    Episode 95 (Episode 223b)
    Premieres Wednesday, October 17th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

When Lincoln discovers the first page of his baby book is blank, he worries his parents are hiding something.​

#1 ToonJay723, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. Action!

Action! Active Member

I'm looking forward to see what happens in Not a Loud. Some fan theorists say that Lincoln is adopted.

3. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

No Spoilers was pretty sweet/funny,

Leni major focus, sweet.
    Lincoln and the Loud Sisters/Lynn Sr. planning Rita's birthday surprise party without spoiling Leni was great.
    Leni being a spoiler was so funny, hahahahahaha, like Spoiler Cheryl, hehehe:p.
    Lincoln distracting Leni was great/funny.
    Lori throwing Lucy, so funny, hahahahahaha.
    Love Lucy/Lana's funny lines/moments, hehehe:p.
    Both Dr. Einstein, Mr. Grouse, and Flip's moments made me laugh, but nice seeing Mr. Grouse and the dentist though.
    Lynn being a terrible sucky cook was funny.
    Lincoln/The Loud Sisters to get Leni back to create the surprise party was great.
    Leni being a master of party planning like Pinkie Pie was great, nice that she learned to not spoil.
    Lynn Sr. and the Loud kids' surprise birthday party for Rita was awesome:D.

Three new episodes, not four, odd, but I'm so looking forward to Not A Loud.

#3 Radical, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  4. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

No Spoilers

Another good episode, maybe I am bias because I love Leni. Yes she is an airhead, but she has a big heart, and that is why I love her.

I love the message at the end, of how despite spoiling the surprises, Leni is the MVP of these party plans, she is needed. Who in their right mind invited Flip, at least Mr. Grouse has redeemable moments, but Flip is just a creep.

So far the week is off to a good show, but with only two episodes left, going to be hard to top.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Loved some of the jokes like Lola getting hyper was really funny, and same with Lori throwing Lucy, I am a sucker for wacky instances such as those because the slapstick is quick and on point.

Anywho I liked Leni's side of things, though Its a shame she is that much of an airhead to blow the surprise most of the time. I love the families dedication to getting throwing Mrs. Loud a party, I wonder what did Mr. Loud do during all that time?

Even if Leni isn't the best to handle the surprise part of the party it is very impressive that she can handle the preparation part of the party, Its sweet she would gather those people to the party and do it mainly alone.

6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

No Spoilers (Mid Tier) - Yeah..... I'm not really expecting any of these 3 new segments to match something like "Tricked" (The Halloween Special), anyway. And this definitely something that falls flat for me.

I know Leni is the family's stupid one, but something about this segment feels forcefully manufactured to truly make this work - like the FACT that without Leni, no one else, ESPECIALLY NOT LORI (especially if you've been keeping up with this show and saw her pathetic excuse of a party (e.g.: the first 8-9 minutes of "Party Down", which was only saved by the last 2-3 of her apologizing and doing things right - with her family by her side!)), knows how to properly prepare for the kind of (surprise) party Mother Loud would have loved to walk into.

The core reason I don't hate this episode (as much as I don't like it, either): Despite Leni being the core source of the conflict about not ruining surprises and whatnot, without Leni effectively saving their sorry asses... "Worst. Surprise. Party. Ever.", sounds like a somewhat accurate reaction for Mother Loud to have to... Everything leading up to the last 2 minutes of this episode!

The reason I still don't like this episode, either (and it's lucky I don't rank it lower than Mid Tier, cathartic as the idea of doing so sounds as a self - reminder that this show is NOT Nick's savior, as if it ever truly was - at least IMHO!): The problem Leni has??? STILL isn't resolved; Leni still doesn't realize why she was kept away in the first place. That's just dumb to me, but not in a funny way, either... And to think, I'm used to Leni being the dumb one, because she still has her moments to make up for that and not make her a weak link on this show (like Lori started out as - and Clyde has yet to truly overcome being (again, IMHO), for example.).

Speaking of Lori, she seems to have become a lot of a nicer and approachable person (unless justifiably provoked) as of recent episodes. I hope the writers can keep up the good work there. Seriously (and this is part of the reason I just find this episode okay, but not great...), seeing HER be the one to admit they screwed up setting up this surprise party proper was a good throwback to her lack of experience in throwing a proper one (again, see: Party Down.), and a nice slap from reality in the face that they should have just told Leni their problem with her upfront in the first place, honestly.

#6 I.R. Shokew, Oct 17, 2017
  7. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

No Spoilers: Great episode. Leni is like a dumb Pinkie Pie with having a specialty with parties and knowing what is needed for them for each individual. Lola would've made a better distraction against Leni since Lola would have more knowledge about fashion and girly-girly stuff. But the whole thing about needing Leni for the parties themselves shows how sweet of a person she is and how important she is for such things. The Siblings just need to think of a way to keep her away from the person of who the party is for, and not the party itself.

8. I.R. Shokew

Read Aloud (High Tier) - Unfortunately, I pretty much called it that Lola couldn't read, hence the attitude problem on display here. Other than that, this is definitely one this show's better efforts and it did put a smile on my face to see Lincoln look past some stupid prize (honestly, Lola learning how to make pizza at the end, instead of going to this show's "Suck E. Cheese's", was a nicer touch for me than it has any right to be.) especially to help family out like that (e.g.: helping Lola read - seriously, those last 3 minutes make this episode standout quite well for me).

Also, Lisa's running gag with the librarian was a nice touch - it definitely seemed like something Lisa would obviously get in trouble for at some point. Too bad (at least IMHO) you'd think with her massive brain, she could come up with some way to PAY THOSE FINES! So yeah - get her, Library Witch (yeah, that's my new nickname for that librarian side character. What? I think it fits her perfectly.)!

I admittedly still think Not a Loud is going to dominate as Best Premiere, but this comes in a close (but respectable) second for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

Both great episodes. I was hoping the family would still win in the end in "Read Aloud", but maybe that would have made too much sense.

• Like Like x 1
    #9 Looney Turtles, Oct 17, 2017
  10. jaylop97

It makes sense that Lola was unable to read, the more they tried getting her to read the more irritable she was, I can understand the trouble that Lola was facing, Its hard to do something when everyone was able to do it, while having a hard time yourself and refusing to admit it.

Again very sweet that Lincoln would go the extra mile and take as much time as he would need to help Lola read. Lola making pizzas at the end for learning to read was a great way to end of the episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Radical

Read Aloud was pretty great/funny,

The Loud Family doing a reading challenge at the library was great/funny.
    A good reason behind Lola's brattiness on not participating.
    The running gag with Lisa Loud and the Librarian was great/funny, hahahahahaha:p.
    Lola is scared and can't read, I knew it.
    Nice of Lincoln to help Lola on learning on how to read, Lincoln helping his sisters is always great:D.
    Sad that the Loud Family didn't win the reading challenge.
    The Librarian chasing Lisa, hahahahaha, great funny ending, hehehe:p.

12. GershonB

GershonB New Member

Why you could say that Leni is like Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy all rolled into one. That's why she's my favorite Loud sister.

13. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Read Aloud

This was a great episode, had a great message about learning to read. And it makes Lola very likable, I know she gets a lot of flack from a lot of people, but she is not so bad.

Lincoln again steps up getting to the root of problem and helping Lola. The one negative is does reflect on the parents not being able to figure this out, how often we see a Loud sibling do a parents work in this series.

Now than, I did feel for Lola when she confessed her problem, and it was such a nice emotional moment.

And Lisa how the heck did you get a fine that big?

14. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Read Aloud: The moral of Lola needing help in reading was very sweet. Though her attitude about reading made her very unlikable. She was very willing in ruining something for the whole family. Maybe if she had shown more worry than anger before admitting her reasons, then her wouldn't attitude have been much of a problem. Lisa having all those fines was hilarious.

With some Sonata level intelligence rolled in as well.

15. I.R. Shokew

Not a Loud (Mid High Tier) - I feel you let me down here today, TLH. I was expecting something with a little more drama for the synopsis I was handed here, thank you very much. Not bad, but not as good as it could have been with a little more thought (and OOMPH!) put into it, if you ask me.

In short, it would seem I was wrong about Read Aloud being the 2nd best of these premieres. This whole experience felt a bit lackluster to me, other than the reveal of how Lincoln was delivered to Mother and Father Loud in the last 2-3 minutes, which are the only real standout of this effort for me. IMHO, it was just Lincoln letting a (rather stupid, IMHO) misunderstanding plot guide him and Clyde's asses to those last 2-3 minutes, which again are the only thing that stands out for me here.

Still a better episode than No Spoilers, but nowhere near as entertaining as Read Aloud was (again, IMHO).

Again and overall...
    1st: Read Aloud (High Tier) - definitely still a winner in my book; because Lincoln is an awesome part of this family when he needs to be; plus seeing Lola apologize for her behavior in such a big way like that was definitely a nice touch.

2nd: Not a Loud (Mid High Tier) - could have used a little more drama for a setup like this, not some misunderstanding nonsense I'm more than proud to otherwise scoff at, no matter how good your show otherwise is and usually knows better than.

3rd: No Spoilers (Mid Tier) - I understand what this episode was going for, and it was nice to see the family realize Leni was the real hero here, but seeing her not get over the problem the family had with her on not spoiling things meant to be kept secret? Yeah, that was dumb and I don't like it. Leni may be the (unfortunate) dumb one of the family, but seeing their problem left unresolved properly with her was unfortunately too dumb for my liking.

Yeah... here's hoping the next batch of episodes can kick a little more ass than what was given to us here this week, IMHO - and that whatever drama has unfolded in TLH staff room can be properly resolved without much hassle (preferably with those responsible getting punished if what's true is true!) so this show can keep going and hopefully keep on getting better and better from here on out.

GAME OVER

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

The crew did mention in a postcast that season 3 will be dealing with serious topics so we might have more episodes with a dramatic tone to them.

17. I.R. Shokew

In short, hopefully they'll do a better job than I feel they did here today, too. Just as long as they don't go overboard with it. I may not really find this show extremely funny like most people on the internet otherwise seem to do, but that doesn't mean I want this show to become super serious, either. It's all about finding and achieving a proper balance between both good comedy and drama, if that's what they're going for with later seasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #17 I.R. Shokew, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  18. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Will there be continuity and character development?

19. Radical

Not A Loud was pretty sweet/touching,

Lincoln figuring out on Rita/Lynn Sr. hiding something was great.
    Lincoln getting advice from Lori, Leni, Luna, and Luan was great.
    Lori becoming more nicer/honest was great character growth on her, but I enjoy her Season 1 jerky nature as well, hehehe:D.
    No funny Lucy moment, rats.
    Lincoln checking other parents on who he belongs to was funny, love the cute mini-Lori clone.
    Lincoln learning the truth from Lynn Sr./Rita was pretty sweet.
    Lincoln being born from the President/First Lady's help was pretty awesome:D.
    Great funny ending on Lincoln questioning his white hair, hehehe.

20. jaylop97

As always I am never going to understand what do people want from certain episodes. Of course, I know for one I seriously didn't want Lincoln to be adopted or be some other kid with the last name Loud added, though I give the episode a thumbs up for fooling the audience into making Lincoln think any single possibility of what he could be in the fashion that is likely for Lincoln. I really liked the ending for being out of the ordinary on how Lincoln was born, It does explain why was there never anything for Lincoln beforehand, though at the end I wonder what will have to say about his birth to his class that is something that could have been explained.