1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loud House - "Episodes 88 - 91" Talkback Thread [9/18/17 - 9/21/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Sep 17, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

1. Future Tense

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes Man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Friend or Faux

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. No Laughing Matter

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

It's been two months since the last week of premieres, but The Loud House is finally back. Yes, a whole new week of The Loud House to end off the summer, followed by premieres of Nickelodeon's newest Nicktoon, Welcome to the Wayne.

Click here for previous Talkback Thread
    Click here for the next Talkback Thread
    Click here for News & Discussion Thread

[​IMG]
    Future Tense
    Episode 88 (Episode 219a)
    Premieres Monday, September 18th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

When Mom and Dad meet a new accomplished family, they worry that their kids aren’t doing enough activities to ensure a successful future.

[​IMG]
    Yes Man
    Episode 89 (Episode 220a)
    Premieres Tuesday, September 19th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

The Loud sisters need help from the "master of persuasion", AKA Lincoln. He will teach them how they can ask Mom and Dad for money.

[​IMG]
    Friend or Faux?
    Episode 90 (Episode 220b)
    Premieres Wednesday, September 20th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Lisa gets her kindergarten report card back to discover she's gotten an F– in social skills. To bring up her grade, she must make a friend.

[​IMG]
    No Laughing Matter
    Episode 91 (Episode 221a)
    Premieres Thursday, September 21st @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

When Luan realizes how her siblings complain about her jokes, she gives up her passion. But the others feel bad about it, so they have to show Luan that she is funny.​

#1 ToonJay723, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So Future Tense that episode is going to focus on Lynn Sr and Rita, is that a first for a Nicktoon? The only other Nicktoon that could have done that is Rugrats, let's see I guess you could say Sour Pickles, Angelica Breaks A Leg, and America's Wackest Home Movies are the closest we get to the parental characters being the focus or main characters in an episode.

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The episode where they got a new car, mostly focused on Lynn Sr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

The episode is Vantastic Voyage

5. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

So, is this what many feel about the "perfect human?"

Thinking about it, one could see these new talents used in fanfiction.

#6 Game Freak 4, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2017
  7. zoombie

So are they married in this show, I don't know about that casting, granted they weren't related by blood, well still less creepy than Greg and Mrs. Brady dating. Enough of that.

This was an good episode, when I heard the title, I thought we were going to have a fantasy of seeing the Loud kids all grown up, I want to see Lily talk. Well I guess the lesson is you do you, I do me, or something like that.

Just me or do these neighbors and their dynamic with Lynn Sr. and Rita remind me of the Dinklebergs and it only took the Louds one episode to make friends from there, Mr. Turner you could learn something from them.

Well all the kids had some funny moments, did Lola almost swear, one of these days she will, and did Luna refer to Lincoln as mylady?

Good episode and I wonder we will see more of these neighbors, and will we ever see future Louds for real.

8. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Let's do this, dammit!

Future Tense (Mid Tier): Another in a long line of unfortunately rather predictable efforts, IMHO... I don't care how desperate you are for your kids to be the best, Mother & Father Loud. THAT... ain't how you do it - that's how you get your kids to... well, hate you after too long (no matter "for their own good you might think it is"... After all... road to hell and good intentions and all that true to life crap, which not all of is completely, but tends to come off in lesser fare.), honestly.

For me, it's hurt more by it not being all that funny to me, seeing those kids damn near mentally - and somewhat emotionally broken down like that (THIS TIME - last time, it was simply physically broken down with Health Kicked, but things worked much better overall in that whole episode, unlike this one, IMHO, due to actually being funnier there.).

In a worst case scenario, it hits a bit too close to home that families like the one Mother & Father Loud are sucking up to exist IRL - it's rather creepy & disturbed... And impossible to achieve a real sense of family that the Louds already have in this show, when there's simply no love/affection there - which is exactly what I get from the family, again, that Mother & Father Loud are sucking up to - which is what I found to be too predictable for my liking.

The ending does show signs that I'm hopefully wrong about that - too bad those are just more side characters I don't care for or am dying to see again anytime soon, unless they can develop a character that doesn't come off as creepy & disturbed (and not in the way that makes Lucy unique, but still tolerable / enjoyable in her own right, IMHO.), should they ever show up again, of course (I'm not counting on that, however.).

#8 I.R. Shokew, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  9. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I've been wanting to say this for 12 days now. Who thinks a 6 year old should be working in a soup kitchen? why would Lola have to do something like that? everyone else built their persona higher, but that was just the toughest one for the kids.

Like some episodes I have to say they really did need to show more of what the Loud kids were doing, I really thought that would have made for something big, but sadly not enough time to get to that stuff, a real shame.

Other than that I really liked the Yates they are just that type of antagonistic family who is better than the main family, but the kicker is they are just an above average family who does things their way, and I enjoy seeing another family try and to do the same, reason why is because it just shows how much concern their is into raising kids, style is wanted but not everything works well for others, and I'm honestly surprised this episode didn't really try and make the kids go against their parents, I honestly enjoyed seeing them work their ways into what their parents wanted them to do. The end really impresses me that the parents see on their own that they are better off using their own style on their own, and then convince the Yates in following their idea.

10. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

11. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

UGH..... And I thought I was too harsh on Future Tense, even though I still stand by what I said there: no family (not even in cartoons) that acts like those creepy smiley Dorks is anything to be proud of. And, for me, that's something I stand by as FACT.

Yes Man (Mid Tier) -
    How the episode concludes itself is one major reason reason I don't royally hate this episode... However, I still don't have much love for / attachment to it, either. Maybe that's because I can't relate to the scenario displayed here all that much; sad part is is that it wasn't completely predictable, either, unlike most episodes I've been exposed to of this show, IMHO.

Yes, it's always a welcome site to see Lincoln be helpful and all that; and for his sisters to show they care for it (as how this episode ends indicates, anyway.), but the whole setup just feels rather scummy to me. I'll put this nicely, as much as I don't want this to come off like this is about me: I simply wouldn't go begging your parents for money if you're at the working age (13+) for a part-time fare, especially if you've got the free time to do so, is what I'm saying - that's why this setup doesn't sit right with me, as much as I could relate, until I remembered that I got a job IRL at 14 and as much as it sucked, was proud to not have to ask my family for money anymore, thank you very much.

Yeah, this episode hit me on a personal level, but not in an enjoyable way, unfortunately. Doesn't help that seeing Lincoln whine like that for what felt like 5 minutes was pretty damn annoying and embarrassing to watch, compared to how his sisters (who learned from him how to pull of this scummy crap, which is the most important thing to note here, hence my tirade of disagreement and personal annoyance/anger at it!) were able to scam Mother & Father Loud just fine - again, thanks to him. For someone who's supposed to be smart, that sight from Lincoln was pretty damn downright stupid and off-putting of Lincoln (as a main focus character who I otherwise don't have too many problems with, especially since he usually is quite the smart one, unlike this time!), IMHO.

TL;DR: While not a fan of this one like most people here are, like I said, seeing Lincoln help people in The Loud House succeed is always a welcome site - and is part of what makes him a good main focus (even though seeing the other sisters get more focus now is also as good.); just not when it's scamming for money, IMHO.

#11 I.R. Shokew, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  12. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Both Barry Willaims/Maureen McCormick as the funny Yates parents was sweet.

Yes Man was pretty sweet/funny after Future Tense,

Lincoln to go to the Smooch concert was sweet.
    Lincoln being the "Master of Convincing" was great/funny, hehehe.
    Both Luna and the other Loud Sisters asking Lincoln for help was great.
    The Loud Sisters' selfishness asking Rita/Lynn Sr. for money was funny, loved both Lola/Lana, Luan, Lucy, and Baby Lily's funny moments on their efforts:p.
    Poor Lincoln which Rita/Lynn Sr. have no money which he would've told them sooner.
    The Loud Sisters helping Lincoln was sweet, their own Smooch band was awesome.
    Cool to see Smooch, glad Lincoln won, great ending:D.

• Like Like x 1
    #12 Radical, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  13. JTZ

JTZ New Member

Apparently, Yes-Man was written by someone outside of the usual writer staff, which sadly shows a little. It's not a bad episode, but it doesn't really use the strengths of the show, and is generally lacking any real highlights. On the other hand, there isn't really much negative to say about it, either. While some parts felt stretched it was funny throughout, and though the ending was a little too much on the sappy end it was still sweet to watch. I'd say this is one of the most average episodes of the show.

14. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

That had me going, seriously I just haven't seen anything that good since something like "(The Others|TAWOG)" where it is an onslaught of off guard moments. It's nice to see the kids do that for Lincoln. That does pay off for Lincoln's failed attempt of going backstage, and it sure helps that Lincoln helped everyone with their desires.

To be honest I honestly thought the scene would have been about everyone going through instantly only to get to Lincoln's issue and then the episode made that one part the main go issue, thankfully that was only there for 2 minutes rather than 7. A nice change of events to see everyone convince the parents. I sure did like Lola, Lana and Lynn's efforts, though Luan has her business that profits well, she didn't need to do this.

Much like Out of the Picture (Not the Spongebob one!) I enjoy seeing Lincoln helping others while leading a good setup to being the one who got helped the most at the end, good to also know that Clyde, Liam, and Zach were there for all of this.

15. zoombie

Yes Man

This was a very predictable episode, we have seen the before, Lincoln's sisters take advantage of his selfless nature, they feel guilty, and make it up to him, rinse repeat. But it was an okay episode, Lincoln's no letting his parents explain what was going on was annoying, because all figured out they ran out of money, and Lincoln just wouldn't shut up.

I did like the song, that was very cool of them. Though I am sure Mr. Grouse was annoyed. Still not the worst episode in the world, but not he best either.

16. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Yes Man: The plot was predictable with the parents running out of money because of the sisters. But it's done well enough that it can be forgiven, especially with the ending that we got. The scene where Lincoln tries to imitate his sisters reminded me so much of the MLP episode "Newbie Dash", and it was just so painful to watch on both shows. But the sisters making it right at the end was beautifully done, and the Smooch band itself showing up was unexpected. The song wasn't bad either.

17. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

"Who needs friends?" goes Lisa Loud.

I mean even Dexter had a friend.

Now, I have this feeling that fanfiction will turn Lisa's friends into ether a lover or a stalker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Now comes an episode that was said to be one of Kyle Marshall's favorite episodes to have directed. I agree with him.

Making Friends, like he said is the exact name that fits this episode, and heck Lisa did feel like a Friend or Faux for Darcy. Darcy herself was what makes a good friend, she is the kid who tries their best to be a good friend even for someone like Lisa. I will admit it was really saddening to see Lisa make Darcy cry in the revelation but it was all to epic to see Darcy continue to be someone who was at Lisa's side, and thankfully Lisa did learn to still be her friend.

19. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

These have all been enjoyable episodes. The ending of "Yes Man" touched me in a personal way, since you know what they say "never give up hope". The same could be said for "Future Tense", as the Loud siblings were ready to give up having fun.

It was also interesting to see an episode entirely focused on Lisa, and with a heartwarming ending.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Friend Or Faux? was great/enjoyable,

A Lisa Loud episode, sweet, after loving Snow Bored/Making the Grade, despite the Lisa Loud haters but I enjoy Lisa Loud in her funny moments.
    Lisa getting her first F, hehehe.
    Lisa is like Dexter in the anti-social area, but I enjoy Dexter, hehehe, but he had a friend Douglas.
    Cool seeing Lynn Loud's roller derby friend.
    Lisa having her first friend like Anais Watterson was great.
    Darcy, best cute minor female character and great new female friend for Lisa:anime:.
    Lisa had it coming for making poor Darcy cry.
    Lisa's sweet character development bonding with her new friend Darcy was great, nice heartwarming ending:D.

• Like Like x 1