1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loud House - "Episodes 82 - 87" Talkback Thread [7/24/17 - 7/28/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Jul 23, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

1. ARGGH! You For Real?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Garage Banned

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Job Insecurity

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Change of Heart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Health Kicked

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Lynner Takes All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I honestly felt a bit underwhelmed with this one but then again this episode really didn't have much for me think about when I first heard about it. For the most part the parents slacking around and the kids helping them is a good role reversal than what is usually the common thing of parents wanting kids to exercise.

As much as I can say that the parents did get carried away what the kids did was really funny, their sabotaging was definitely the highlight, that is impressive that they were able to think of a plan like that and for a good cause afterall the Loud parents were going overboard.

Though joining the competition was even more beyond that, It's disappointing they didn't get far but still it makes sense they wouldn't since they are fresh into their athletic training. But its good nonetheless the family does continue to exercise at the end especially by having a practical motivation by chasing an Ice cream truck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

On tonight's episode, the Loud family conspires against Lynn for being annoying instead of just freaking talking to her about her bad behavior! Found all the board-game jokes enjoyable, but the cliche plot does wane on you.

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Lynner Takes All: This one ties with Change of Heart as the worst episode of the weak. Change of Heart might be a little worse though. Lynn was completely unbearable and I like the character. I wish the siblings could've beaten her without cheating, and that she learned to not rub it in better. A better way of dealing with her gloating would've been to refuse to play with her at all. They were all willing to shun Lincoln when they thought he had bad luck, Refusing to play with Lynn would've been far more reasonable.

4. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Lynner Takes All

Well Lynn gets the spotlight, she is one of my favorite Louds, so I am happy. You know this is another one of those episodes when the solution was so obvious, but they take 10 minutes to figure it out, which is simply tell Lynn how you feel, simple as that, it is not that hard. Maybe even refuse to play with her anymore, that would get a message across, these characters never have the right answer right away even when it is so obvious.

I am glad Plan A didn't work, I don't think Lola would be any better a winner than Lynn.

The compromise at the end was nice, though I wish we found out the root of Lynn'a competitive.

Lynn she is a less gum obsessed Violet Beauregarde now that I think of.

5. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I liked today's episode. I laughed at quite a bit of it and I'm glad Lynn (somewhat) learned her lesson at the end.

6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Lynner Take All (Mid Tier) - The fact that I knew the final outcome (10 of main 11 vs. Lynn; they cheat in hopes to put Lynn in her place; they try to make it right, knowing they screwed up.) is just one part of what made this episode end up being rather weak for me. It doesn't help that of course Lynn losing would cause her to act like a sore loser in the worst way possible, as we see until the 10 out of 11 putting up with it are forced to do Lincoln's plan (which could've easily backfired, due to the similar predictable outcome of Lynn almost losing, despite everyone's best efforts to let her win, and Lynn damn near going crazy from it!) to make it right.

I refuse to lie: Lynn was just at her most punch-able here for me - because our main 10 out of 11 against her? They don't know how right they are. They're lucky they're all so close as family, or this would've ended a lot worse... A lot more violently, knowing how far our dear sore loser took this crap (and how annoying it looked, IMHO). I think it would have been mortifying if Lynn lost again, THEN everyone tells her how stupid she's acting. Yes, it is nice to see the family playing games together; NO, not when Lynn acts this stupid. I agree with THAT, guys.

IMHO, truly nothing to ultimately go out of my way for (e.g.: sit down to reruns of), in comparison to ANYTHING ELSE that has premiered this week that isn't Change of Heart (seriously, to hell with that episode.).

7. GershonB

GershonB New Member

Chris Savio announced some news about Season 3.

1. There will be three or four half-hour episodes, in including a rock opera and a Halloween episode.

2. There will be an episode involving Luna and Sam.

3. There will be an episode or two without Lincoln.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I have a feeling that the Halloween episode is a season 2 one.

9. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

I think you repost this on the news and discussion thread. This is just a talkback thread for this week's episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Oh, another thing that bugged me about Lynn was how far she was willing to go in order to win. Using mind games on Lincoln made her look worse than when she was gloating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

Because I watch via Google play I haven't had a chance to catch Lynner Takes All, but for the rest Job Insecurity was great, ARGGH! You For Real?, Health Kicked and Garage Banned were quite good (though it feels like more could have been done with the later), Change of Heart has replaced One of the Boys as my least favorite episode of the series. The funny thing is that if you took out Lori's plot line it would actually be pretty good, both because him trying to get over his anxiety is a solid idea and because Leni is the most under utilized of the sisters (has she even had a focus episode outside of Driving Miss Hazy?) and what they is devoted to that is pretty good. Then you have the plot line of Lori becoming obsessed with a 5th grader because she thinks he's over her, it's creepy, poorly done garbage that sucks away any good that could possibly be in the episode and even the utterly cliche lateral move of Clyde's crush moving to Leni would be better than the one we got.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

If I were in the position of putting up with Lynn's competitive attitude, I think now might be a good opportunity to sit Lynn down for moment and recite her a quote from Wilma Rudolph.

~ "Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday." ~

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I worry for Lynn's health on how determined she is, I mean for real she pushes herself to the point that she gets mad at herself and goes crazy that she lost. The original brushing scene was supposed to have her bleed, yikes.

14. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I'd tell Lynn an old phrase that was also the name of a story I wrote in elementary school: Winning isn't everything!

15. GershonB

GershonB New Member

Winning isn't everything to Lynn. It's the only thing.

16. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

And THAT is poor writing in every sense possible. FACT - no one should be this sore about winning, let alone losing.

I know from experience (especially in high school, because God, that was an awful time in my life.) firsthand: it sucks and you have a trashy time making, let alone keeping friends IRL, should you choose to get that competitive over ANYTHING.