1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loud House - "Episodes 82 - 87" Talkback Thread [7/24/17 - 7/28/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Jul 23, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

1. ARGGH! You For Real?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Garage Banned

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Job Insecurity

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Change of Heart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Health Kicked

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Lynner Takes All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Change of Heart: Okay this episode was pretty bad....Mostly. It has that plot-line were the girl who rejects the "loser" miss said loser, and that plot is always bad. It was however funny when Lori was arguing to herself in the mirror and the sisters being creeped out about it and backing away. But in the end, everything goes back to normal with no progress at all. Which doesn't help Clyde's character. I really hope the creator doesn't try making them an actual couple in the future.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I thought today's episode was okay. I don't think it was the show's worst episode and it had its moments, though it didn't end with the progress with Clyde it seemed like it was going to make (not saying I don't like him).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShadowBeast

Yeah it wasn't "Brawl in the Family" or "No Such Luck" level of bad. It was still cringey though. But the creator still needs to get Clyde past the Lori obsession.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I know what route this episode will go, I've been everywhere and lots of disagreements will be flying in my direction but I enjoyed it very well.

Lori shines well, I just adore her classic personality seems like her to do what most teens do want one thing but on second thought want it back. I felt the reasoning was a good intended one that Clyde shows good levels of respect for her and she likes that care.

I think it does a good job representing a special bond those two have nothing really bad but seriously I don't think Clyde goes that far overboard which seems fair, though the nosebleeds are still need for work.

Leni and Mr. Grouse were really cool as well, I liked the role she played in helping Clyde it was well intended. Mr. Grouse just funny with his small lines.

5. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Honestly out of all of this week's episodes premiering this week, I was looking forward to this one the most...and I was disappointed at how it turned out.

Yeah, the whole "unrequited love" trope is very worn out and I thought that there were weren't going to be a proper resolution with Clyde realizing that Lori's not only taken, but older, and abundantly different personalities, even with acting normal. But what irked me was Lori wanting Clyde to crush on her like usual and getting back to the status quo once again. Even with the other sister's pleading her to realize that she never appreciated anything he said all this time. I kept thinking about that Penelope girl that hung out with Clyde a few episodes back (on the egg episode I think). She should be seen more like Lincoln's other guy friends.

I see the people who hate Clyde and/or Lori have a point...there are little to no progression of these characters and it needs to truly stop soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Change of Heart (Trash Tier) - Pointless episode involving characters I royally dislike (Clyde) and characters I like the least, despite some, but very little redeeming qualities (Lori) was pointless and ends with status quo that needs to die. Simple (and crappy) as that. Here's to me forgetting what the hell I just saw (and wasted time spent elsewhere with, honestly.).

I still think Clyde is useless (not stupid, although crap like this makes me think, otherwise, sadly.) and he should get with that girl from Shell Shocked, instead. At least there was some... SOME actual chemistry there with those 2, despite just being a school project. Even if just IMHO.

GAME OVER

Even if the next 2 episodes ("Health Kicked", "Lynner Takes All") turn out awesome enough on their own, NOTHING is beating "Job Insecurity" for BEST EPISODE this week. NOTHING!

• Agree Agree x 1
    #26 I.R. Shokew, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  7. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Agreed! I kept thinking that maybe Penelope would appear around the end to make it somewhat redeemable but nope, status quo.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I know a lot of people loathe Lori X Clyde and all that, but to be honest Haiku and Penelope being thrown in to him is just still nothing better. That might just be me but come on Clyde's 11 what's up with everyone shipping him with every girl his age in the show, ships are just weird.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. ShadowBeast

Shippers bring out the worst in fandoms. There was someone who didn't like an episode because Lincoln and Ronnie Ann didn't kiss.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. kanarisblog

kanarisblog New Member

This episode was sorely disappointing. As a person who likes Clyde, I can understand why many in this fandom hate him and I too am tired of the gag that has long overstayed it's welcome. So when I heard about this episode, I was hoping this is the chance for Clyde to have some development and win fans over by ending the crush. But alas, the status quo reign supreme. No development for and Clyde and worse made Lori's retrospect of Clyde's crush on her from attention seeking at best to just as creepy as Clyde at worst. Even with Leni supposedly having a major focus in this ep, she's still in the background. Even if the message is "appreciate one's affection and thoughtfulness", they should've made a better setup for that. I really really wish for Clyde to end his crush on Lori before it's too little to late.

Overall: 0/10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

On tonight's episode, Lori's boring high school boyfriend makes her feel SO lonely, she needs a 5th grader's crush to feel valid! DEATH TO LOBBY!

12. I.R. Shokew

I loathe shipping - I'm just talking common sense (seriously, younger kids wanting to make relationships with much older ones than them? It's just stupid and embarrassing to watch for the UMPTEENTH time. Well, at least it's not some older person trying to make a relationship with a younger person - that would raise a serious stink, due to how much worse that is.). This trope (or better yet, obviously bad CLICHE) in particular is usually in a lot of crappy cartoons, or worse, responsible for dragging down otherwise decent enough to legitimately good ones.

It's something that needs to burn. More importantly, it's something that needs to burn quietly for those of us who want to legitimately enjoy our cartoons in peace.

• Like Like x 1
    #32 I.R. Shokew, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  13. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Arggh! You For Real Mixed on this episode. I liked how they showed that those reality shows are fake but I don't like how they ended up lying to Clyde again to make him feel better. I think there's a way to make him feel betting and still have him know that the show is fake.

Garage Banned A common plot, but still a good episode nonetheless. It was nice to see the family respect her privacy and not barge into her new house. It was funny how Lori thought breaking the toilet would work even though Lana was the one that installed it in there.

14. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

Health Kicked

I can relate to this, being in a family of health-nuts.

15. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Health Kicked

Well this was a nice episode, everyone heart's were in the right place. Was it a little unrealistic how quickly the parents took it to the extreme.

This was a rare episode that it is everybody's episodes, it is much as a parent episode as it the kids episode. And the lesson is you can get in shape with the proper motivation.

16. ShadowBeast

Health Kicked: This one was very good. The siblings wanting their parents to live longer was sweet of them. And it was Especially sweet how the parents started enjoying exercising with them. When the started going out of control with it (it was funny how Lola couldn't point her finger to blame Lincoln.), and the siblings had to trick them to get them to stop, I was thinking the parents knew about it and countered with a trick of their own, but that didn't happen. Gotta give them all credit for getting to the trapeze wire part of the competition and dodging the stuff before it. The ending was the sweetest part, with not only going for a family jog together, but also going after the ice cream truck at the same time.

17. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Health Kicked I really liked this episode. It teaches parents a good lesson, that they should stay in shape so they don't pass away prematurely. It also shows that you can go overboard with trying to stay fit. The parents and the kids came to a happy medium at the end.

A Change of Heart Parts of this episode were good, but the ending ruins it. Unlike most people, I don't hate Clyde or think he's a waste of space. I don't even mind that he has a crush on Lori. What I do mind is that he completely shuts down whenever he's around Lori. This gag stopped being funny a long time ago. I was hoping this would develop Clyde and he will able to look at Lori without shutting down. But no, it looks like they're going to continue a gag that should have been dead since "A Fair to Remember".

Also, I really disliked Lori in this episode. Why does she care if someone six years younger than her stopped liking her?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I liked today's episode. I liked what the kids were doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Health Kicked was pretty sweet/enjoyable,

Lincoln/The Loud Sisters wanting to help Lynn Sr./Rita get in shape was pretty sweet.
    Love both Lucy/Luan/Lana's funny moments:D.
    Sweet that both Lynn Sr./Rita are now in shape.
    Both Lynn Sr./Rita to take it to the extreme on Lincoln/The Loud Sisters was funny.
    Lola struggling to point the blaming finger to Lincoln was funny, hahahahahaha:p.
    The Loud Family were great in the trapeze wire part of the competition.
    A nice sweet family moment with the Loud Family jogging, best family protagonists ever better than the Griffin Family/Smith Family(American Dad!).
    Great funny ending with the Loud Family running to the ice cream truck, hahahahahaha:p.

#39 Radical, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  20. I.R. Shokew

Health Kicked (High Tier) - I've said it before, I'll say it again - you gotta respect, or better yet, admire how Mother & Father Loud have kids who give THAT MUCH of a damn about them, best part being they're not perfect and are aware of that. IMHO, it makes things more approachable when it comes to this show, too, compared to too many others that royally miss the mark about doing a large, dysfunctional family justice where due.

Although I didn't like seeing the kids try to get out of exercise like that, I can sympathize with why... The parents predictably took it too far, not seeing that the kids are not the problem here - they are! That is why I can't rank this too high.

Still, a much better and sentimentally engaging effort in every sense than the first time they did a plot like this (The Loudest Yard... OH God, that episode sucked ass. I will fight anyone who tells me otherwise, as after all, it's all IMHO; that ain't gonna bend for anyone!).