1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loud House - "Episodes 82 - 87" Talkback Thread [7/24/17 - 7/28/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Jul 23, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

1. ARGGH! You For Real?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Garage Banned

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Job Insecurity

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Change of Heart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Health Kicked

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Lynner Takes All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

An all new week of The Loud House starts this Monday, with not four, not five, but SIX episodes. The most The Loud House has had since its premiere week. With two new episodes on Monday, and one new episode from Tuesday to Friday. And stick around after the episodes air, because this week of premieres will be followed by new episodes of Nickelodeon's newest Nicktoon, Welcome to the Wayne.

Click here for previous Talkback Thread
    Click here for the next Talkback Thread
    Click here for News & Discussion Thread

[​IMG]
    ARGGH! You For Real?
    Episode 82 (Episode 217a)
    Premieres Monday, July 24th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Lincoln and Clyde find out that ARGGH! is coming to town and decide to go to the taping.

[​IMG]
    Garage Banned
    Episode 83 (Episode 217b)
    Premieres Monday, July 24th @ 5:15PM on Nickelodeon

Tired of her siblings, Lori moves to the garage, but quickly finds that it is more than she bargained.

[​IMG]
    Job Insecurity
    Episode 84 (Episode 216b)
    Premieres Tuesday, July 25th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

The kids discover Dad isn't at his IT job anymore and is now a dishwasher. Convinced it's their fault, the kids vow to get Dad another IT job.

[​IMG]
    Change of Heart
    Episode 85 (Episode 218a)
    Premieres Wednesday, July 26 @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Clyde is desperate to learn how to act normal around Lori, so he enlists Leni's help.

[​IMG]
    Health Kicked
    Episode 86 (Episode 218b)
    Premieres Thursday, July 27th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Worried that their parents are hurting their health from not being active, the children encourage them to exercise.

[​IMG]
    Lynner Takes All
    Episode 87 (Episode 219a)
    Premieres Friday, July 28th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Tired of Lynn's poor sportsmanship during board games, the siblings decide to team up to take her down.​

#1 ToonJay723, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I liked today's episodes. I enjoyed seeing them help Clyde in ARGGH! You For Real, and I enjoyed seeing what Lori did to get out of living in the garage in Garage Banned.

3. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Time for pain..... At least until Welcome to The Wayne.

ARRRGGGH! You For Real? (Mid High Tier) -
    Sorry, folks - this wasn't bad, but it doesn't really sit right with me, either.

I liked Lincoln's reaction to finding out his favorite show was fake, however - what drags things down for me was Clyde's reaction, which I found rather annoying. Then again, this is Clyde I'm talking about (I just don't like this kid all that much, honestly. I don't see that changing anytime soon, either.).

At least when confronted, Lincoln learns the hard way from who he's been watching (and had every right to turn on for being lied to. FACT.) that that's how it goes in the media - sad but true, even with ghosts & hunting them, which are both is pretty damn fake, unless you're in a cartoon, of course (also FACT.). Glad our almost fraud celebrity was able to tell Lincoln that - and again, I'm glad Lincoln handled it so damn well - again, unlike Clyde, who pretty much acted like a little baby about it, honestly.

I guess it helps that by the end of things, they did catch a real ghost - if only to show he's not complete garbage, which I'll let slide, only because this is a cartoon, where such nonsense is A-OK - plus, I gotta admire the composure of Lincoln and our almost fraud celebrity NOT screaming like idiots at catching a real ghost, so this whole thing wasn't a total loss.

Garage Banned (Mid High Tier) -
    Knowing my usual negative opinions on Lori in general, just one more effort I was expecting to hate - similar to my feelings on Party Down, honestly.
    Unfortunately, it's not anything memorable for me, either - why she didn't just (wo)man up and admit she was just stressed by her siblings bothering her is beyond me. At least her suffering watching her suffer for a bit out of her realization being wrong was laughable enough, but that's about it, IMHO. Just the usual predictable fare for me. However, Lori realizing she can't get away from her family, no matter how annoying they can be at times... A welcome enough site that does give me something to smile about with this show.

Not bad, but not off to the best start here, IMHO.

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

ARGGH! You For Real?: It was pretty good despite the lack of sisters. Despite the show being faked all this time, the Hunter Spector himself isn't a fraud who doesn't care that he's tricking his audience for the money and feels bad for Clyde's illusion being ruined. The guy even wants to hunt for real ghosts, but because such sightings are rare and the networks need progress of the show to make money, of course the sightings have to be faked. And in making Clyde a believer, he ends up catching a real ghost.

Garage Banned: I really liked this one. Lori wanting her own privacy reminds me of the episode where Lincoln wanted peace and quiet, except Lori learns the lesson on her own instead of getting taught a lesson by her siblings like Lincoln. Couldn't blame her for it either since they were barging in without knocking (Leni of course has an excuse) and it was rude of Lola to hang up her phone on her. Lori being too scared to sleep was hilariously cute and can't blame her being scared since she was alone.
    It probably helped if she had company with her for a few days so she can adjust to the new living space.
    Lisa has issues. She should know that Lola wouldn't want to be bald, but might've known and just wanted her hair for some creepy reason. Going after Lincoln's kidney makes her even more like a psycho. The sisters go to Lincoln for help, which is funny since he and Lori are more well-rounded characters and beyond stereotypes (like Luna the rocker).

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

ARGGH! You For Real?

Well it is nice to see Clyde not obsessed with Lori for once, and jaded Clyde is pretty entertaining.

But don't care for the message, Clyde should have to deal with finding out the truth and moving past it, tricking him to believing again is not a good idea. But ghosts might exist in this reality, so it all good.

Garage Banned

A Lori episode, we have never really had that, and it is nice to see Lori be the main character for once, and we see what being the oldest is like. It was a good episode, could do without the toilet humor, just saying. Well I am glad in the end, Lori was honest with her feelings, and the other siblings didn't rub it in.

And is Lola bald for good?, we have 3 bald Loud sisters now, man what a mess.

6. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

I felt GarageBanned was the better of the two eps , as Lori trying to gain some independence(albeit failing), wicked relatable.

7. Action!

Action! Active Member

ARRRGH! For Real!
    I really liked this episode.
    Garage Banned!
    I liked this episode.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I liked both episodes.

I liked the role both Lincoln and Clyde had to witnessing their favorite show live, its results clearly would effect them, and yeah I enjoyed Lincoln's effort in getting Clyde to getting ahold with himself. These things do have bad effects and the denial Clyde had was understandable. I liked how it ended with Lincoln really discovering that Ghost do exist to not really leave a bad taste in my mouth, though if anything Lucy could always convince both of them that they do exist.

Garage Banned, It's nice to see Lori have a good role in her family, much like Lincoln that they are both desirable people in their families, though unlike Lincoln, Lori is much more stiff and probably is the more ideal one because of the tougher character she has. I really thought Lori was a good sibling to test out a move to the garage since she is nearly 18 after all and unlike certain other shows call into this, I do think they gave Lori a good reason to need sometime to herself in this case. Though I did find myself slightly annoyed with Lori's effort in getting back into the Loud House, I think it is really unnecessary to do what she did knowing that her siblings are going to unintentionally be able to fix any problem that she can use as a mean to return. Even so it shows how practical were her siblings for her as well, which is really nice that they can also be helpful to Lori as well.

9. Yoshimickster

On the Aaargh ep, I do like that Hunter Spectre immediately felt bad about crushing a kids dreams, as well as have him be an actual ghost hunter-BUT-they logically have to play up the show for ratings. Usually fraud characters are just unsympathetic jag weeds, it's nice to see one thats actually human.

ALSO-Clyde's parents are freaking adorable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yoshimickster

Lynn SR being a chef makes , nice change-up. Also business Luna is now the best thing ever.

11. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

So this is the game changing episode Chris Savino mentioned. I can see what he meant by that since Lynn Sr. got a new job. I wonder if this will have a role in future episodes. I did think it was a good episode. I enjoyed seeing what they did to try to get their dad that other job and that he got the job he actually wanted.

12. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Lola's role was really good, call my bluff but I laughed along the phone call she had with Sergei, It's nice to see how serious she gets.

Other than that Mr. Grouse was really funny with his old person lack of knowledge and its good that the kids taught him a good amount for computer skills, though they were close to perfecting it.

For the game changer it was a good one so many things could have gotten in the way but its good that the kids can be their for their dad.

#12 jaylop97, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  13. Yoshimickster

I'm also glad they update their universe to the holiday being "take your kid to work day" and not "take your daughter to work day", as it hasn't been called that in years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Job Insecurity (God Tier) - So Father Loud has a better job to support the family with by the end of this segment... Cooking is rough work (being a chef even more so!), but he is awesome enough at it, so here's to him hopefully kicking ass at his dream job (it's even more of a nice touch to hear he left his old job by his own hand, despite the kid's misunderstanding things.).

I feel I might be rating this too high, but oh well - Savino did something right with developing his characters naturally in this show (as we get in this segment for Father Loud), rather than leaving them static - like in Kick Buttowski, a show which sucked because of that, besides other things, IMHO...

Without saying too much, we're back to this show showing me its A - material, rather than just its above average-level stuff (look - Monday's premieres weren't bad at all, just a bit predictable, IMHO, compared to today.).

It's nice to see how much Father Loud's kids care about him enough to help him; more importantly, we got some nicely done character development for him, as well - always a welcome site. Even if it was a misunderstanding on the kid's part, what we got here was awesomely handled/executed for this kind of scenario, thanks to how tightly written the kids are this time around in what they hoped was helping their dad, even if they did screw up by not getting the full story. Although Father Loud has some fault in not being upfront about things, as well, so not everyone is in the right here, despite things otherwise ending on quite the high note, as mentioned in my first paragraph.

Too bad the guy trained to take Father Loud's place, Mr. Grouse, won't be keeping that job with that stupid (but hilariously goofy enough) move he made at the end - even if Father Loud doesn't want that position, an IT job would help that old guy out quite a lot if he can manage it.

Seriously, thanks to the kids being so helpful this time around, he's got some of the basics down (which software repair is one of), at least, nor does he need to do too much heavy lifting there (nor should he be at his age, IMHO.) - he just needs to work on his people skills (e.g.: not being so literal!).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yoshimickster

The episode also left me thinking, are fusion restaurants a regular thing in Royal Woods? I barely see any in the city.

16. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Job Insecurity: Great episode. I can see why the kids would think that they got their dad fired. Surprising that the old job had both a bring your kids and bring your daughters to work days. Though that was probably done to add guilt to Lincoln. The running gag of not leaving food behind or the kids will eat it was hilarious, as was the gag of Mr. Grouse taking computer terms literally. While I find Lisa having tracking devices on her family a little funny, it kind of gives me more reason not to like her since she doesn't respect her family's personal space. When Lori said that she knew the perfect person to imitate their father, I was expecting Luna since she disguised herself as their mother before. It makes sense that Lynn Sr would go for a cooking career since it's been often said how good his cooking is. Especially with how Mr. Grouse is often bribed with his cooking to do things.

17. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

ARGGH! You For Real? and Job Insecurity were pretty sweet/enjoyable,

Great Ghostbusters/Ghost Hunters parody:D.
    Hunter, a great funny actor minor character.
    Lincoln/Clyde being fanboys was great/funny.
    Lincoln/Clyde to find out that it's all acting, sorry boys.
    Nice that Lincoln handled it well.
    Hunter really wanted to catch ghosts, I feel for him, but nice that he's a good guy and not a villain.
    Jaded Clyde made me laugh, hahahahahaha.
    Lincoln/Hunter to cure Clyde was great, Hunter caught a real ghost, cool.

Lisa's tracking devices on her family was funny, still bees more of a messed-up psychopath:ack:.
    Lincoln and the Loud Sisters helping Lynn Sr. to get another IT job was great.
    Mr. Grouse to be the replacement Lynn Sr. was great/funny, funny that he doesn't know how computers work, hehehe:p.
    Business Luna was great/funny.
    Lynn Sr./Mr. Loud's new job to be a great chef was great.
    Lincoln/The Loud Sisters to find out was great.
    Lola's anger on the phone on poor Sergei was so funny, hahahahahahaha.
    Lincoln/The Loud Sisters helping Lynn Sr. get his chef job back was great.
    Great funny ending with Mr. Grouse on the "Logout" thing, hahahahahahahaha:p.

18. Toonberculosis

Toonberculosis Gets Two Scoops

Luna wearing those glasses was CUTE!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. zoombie

Job Insecurities

Well this was a good episode, it had a lot of heart in it. The kids felt bad for all the stuff they put their dad through, but it is all a misunderstanding, and he is forgiving.

So Lynn Sr. quit to get his dream job which is a chief, good for him. And his new boss is Buffrog awesome, if anyone can understand Lynn Sr. and having all those kids it would be Buffrog. Now I want some crossover art with the Louds and the Buffrog family.

The character that really stole the show here was Mr. Grouse, he is hilarious trying to understand computer terms being a stereo type old guy, so far this week, he has been helpful and less of an antagonist, so nice to see that development.

20. zoombie

Change Of Heart

They have to focus on the most annoying part of the show, ill. Well at least Leni got some spotlight, I love Leni she is awesome.

And Lori for her part was funny, her little argument with her brain, that was weird. But wanting Clyde to like her, I don't know I just don't know. That being said the weakest part is Clyde being annoy as usual.

• Agree Agree x 1