1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loud House - "Episodes 78 - 81" Talkback Thread [6/12/17 - 6/15/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

1. Back Out There

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Fool's Paradise

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Potty Mouth

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. L is for Love

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Carlos Gutierrez

What about Dr. Shuttleworth's voice actress from "Potty Mouth"?!? Could you please guess what her name is since it's absent from the voice credits of that episode? And also, please ask Chris Savino about it!

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I can't accurately guess who it was, and I can't ask Savino either since the only site he's on is Instagram, which I don't have an account on.

3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well today's episode was kinda out of focus, it felt like a another romance subplot, as we seen in the previous episode only except this is about find one, the only part I like were how Rita and Lynn sr. met each other and all of this were just a part of their 20th anniversary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Carlos Gutierrez

You must sign into Instagram first in order to ask Chris Savino the name of Dr. Shuttleworth's voice actress.

5. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm not signing up for Instagram just to ask him about something I honestly don't care about.

6. Carlos Gutierrez

I still really want to know what the name of Dr. Shuttleworth's voice actress is despite her name being nowhere to be seen in the voice credits for "Potty Mouth"!!!

7. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

Yeah that is kinda weird, isn't it?

8. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Then you should sign on instagram and ask Chris Savino yourself instead asking others to do it for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

I also wanna say, GREAT continuity in remembering Lynn Sr did a year abroad in the UK, these guys know what's up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

She's not a lesbian. The whole point of that episode was her (and the other sisters) having the hots for Hugh (a male). In other words she's Bi.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

My favorite episode this week is definitely "L Is For Love". Even ignoring the bisexual aspect, it's a nice commentary on love, and how you should let your feelings out. The rest of the week's episodes were also great.

12. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

He only someone assumed (probably from another random user from another forum) that she was a lesbian, he doesn't exactly believes that Luna is, anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

L is for Love (High Tier) - I can say that this was the best of these latest premieres we've gotten, no argument there. Also (when it comes to this show), I gotta love how an otherwise silly cartoon is able to handle LGBTQ characters better than any so-called serious live action show on TV that does it, as of late, as we've been shown with Clyde's parents, and now here with Luna and who she was crushing on.

Again, while the setup seems a bit predictable at first, how they handle it here feels much more original than what I'm used to, which means those responsible brought their A-Game today here:
    + Lucy's idea to deal with the setup given to us was actually a damn good idea - even if it didn't completely work out. It was a nice try, and it would be wrong not to deny that much.
    + Despite the love letter being a misunderstanding, unfortunately - it did lead to some damn good backstory on how Mother and Father Loud met and eventually became what we see today, which was definitely nice. In fact, this love letter thing is continued anniversary tradition for them, which is a nice touch, IMHO.

The only thing I don't completely agree with is the kids doing this love letter thing at the end, honestly - I know they're trying to get something started with their love interests, but just because it worked for Rita and Lynn Sr. doesn't mean it's going to work for them - I think it would have been better for them to try something different; something a little more upfront, as I don't buy that all of the Loud kids are that shy about wanting to get into relationships with others.

Then again, the encouragement of this was from how Lynn Sr. and Rita ultimately got together, so maybe lightning could strike twice with someone else in this family, provided anything from this episode is brought up again, of course - which I'm unfortunately not holding my breath on, as good as this effort turned otherwise out and could be a continuation of - at least for Luna's sake, especially (I don't see it working out as well for the others as other, better methods for doing this could, honestly.).

• Agree Agree x 1
    #73 I.R. Shokew, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  14. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

The episode itself on its own merits is honestly alright, I really wasn't that fond of seeing the younger than Lincoln siblings wanting to find a boyfriend, come on they are only kids for crying out loud, or silent. Either way I understand the whole crush thing they had and seeing an old letter mistake story here it was just awesome I kind of had a feeling it would have been Mrs. L but wow I wasn't expecting that flashback which was cool since it brought up some older details like how she was a crossguard once and Mr. L being a temporary student in Britain, I'm glad the two have been around for 20 years they are a great couple :D.

(Inside the spoiler is a lot of pairing stuff I felt about, read at your own discretion.)

Again Kevin Sullivan struck gold in making an episode that dealt with what came at the of the episode surely shows that this guy does his job just right, afterall he paced all of Luna's problems really well in this story.

Overall a great week honestly I can't decide what order to select preference of this weeks aired episodes I liked them all on great levels and I didn't think anyone of them felt week in anyway honestly.

15. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

L Is For Love

I think we all knew who that letter is for, it is obviously it turned it was for Lynn Sr., and how did Rita lose her freckles?

And the Loud siblings still haven't learned lesson, Lana saying the D word in front of Lily, I thought they weren't going to do that anymore, bad influence.

Still the big shock in the end, Luna's crush Sam is actually a girl. One thing to make Clyde's parents gay, but this is one of our main kids protagonist, someone the audience is suppose to identify, so very bold of the writers, and Nick actually let them do it. And this goes beyond Korrasami which was sutttle and had deniability to the hetro central eyes, here there is no hiding it. Way to go Loud House, this show needs more attention.

Great episode, by far my favorite of the week, not only progressive, I liked how supportive all the siblings were of each other, there was no real competitiveness like you would see in other shows.

16. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Just watched "L is for Love" because of all the talk about it. The episode as a whole is most definitely good, with a solid plot, fun character moments, and a nice conclusion. But yeah, it's definitely the ending that completely makes this worth talking about. The fact that Nickelodeon has been known to play it almost entirely safe for the past 15 years or so makes me especially amazed this show is as willing as it is to portray LGBT characters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I wonder do the Louds do they know Sam is a girl. How do the other Loud siblings feel about that, how do the parents feel about that if they knew. They are all cool about Lincoln hanging out with Clyde and his two dads, but this is different, you can all pro gay, but when it is your daughter, you might feel differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

They probably dont care if Luna is bi

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

19. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

I really do love how subtle yet nuanced this show gets in treating its characters. Hopefully, Luna's bisexuality isn't just shown in that one episode though. A one-off thing is nice, but I don't want it ignored for the rest of the show.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I do wonder if we'll ever see any of these crushes ever again, or if they are just one-off characters
    Remember, Lucy already had a crush in an older episode, and we never saw him again

The only exception here is the guy Leni was after, as he has already appeared in previous episodes