1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The Loud House - "Episodes 68 - 72" Talkback Thread [4/10/17 - 4/14/17]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonJay723, Apr 10, 2017.

?

Favorite Episode This Week

Poll closed Apr 21, 2017.
  1. Kicking the Bucket List

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Party Down

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Fed Up

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Shell Shock

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Pulp Friction

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Happy Spring Break! To celebrate the week off of school and the Spring holidays, there's five, not four, five brand new episodes of The Loud House.

Click here for previous talkback thread.
    Click here for the next talkback thread.
    Click here for News and Discussion Thread​

[​IMG]
    Kick the Bucket List
    Episode 68 (Episode 209a)
    Premieres Monday, April 10th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Lincoln and Clyde's plans to spend the spring holiday are turned upside-down when they have only one day to complete all the activities on their activities list.

[​IMG]
    Party Down
    Episode 69 (Episode 209b)
    Premieres Tuesday, April 11th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Lori manages to successfully throw a party, but all of her invited guests are unable to come due to their plans

[​IMG]
    Fed Up
    Episode 70 (Episode 210a)
    Premieres Wednesday, April 12th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Tired on monotonous meals, the children make a plan to sabotage dinner so they can have pizza.

[​IMG]
    Shell Shock
    Episode 71 (Episode 210b)
    Premieres Thursday, April 13th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Lincoln and Ronnie Anne have to take care of an egg baby, but Lincoln does not trust her with a fragile egg.

[​IMG]
    Pulp Friction
    Episode 72 (Episode 211b)
    Premieres Friday, April 14th @ 5PM on Nickelodeon

Lincoln and Clyde submit an Ace Savvy comic to a meet-the-creator contest, but are foiled by a surprising nemesis.​

#1 ToonJay723, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ruby Gloom Fan

I'm wondering why they're having a commercial break before the episode even starts.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

To get more money from ad revenue, because they now people weren't expecting a commercial and will stay to see those ads.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #3 jaylop97, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

after Loud House theme, there was a commercial ad? has this happened before first time with Loud House? i did recall same happened with few other nicktoons, but only on lead-in to special event. Not sure why loud house did..

5. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 The Joy and the Laughter

I liked today's episode. I enjoyed seeing how Lincoln and Clyde got back to Lincoln's house.

6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Kick the Bucket List: Good episode. Was getting worried that the sisters weren't gonna show up, but luckily they did, starting with Luann with her bad jokes and then Luna, I liked the glare she gave Lincoln when he rejected her joining in his musical act. Then we get Leni believing Clyde's rock-Lincoln to be the real one and Clyde launching himself onto the Twin's sandcastle, and finally Lynn eating half of Lincoln's sub. Of course they ended up having more fun going home then doing what was on their list, and it was good lesson that they learned for when Summer-Break comes. The episode in the end reminded me of episodes from My Little Pony and Gravity Falls with Twilight and her schedule planning(this was on earlier today) and Dipper with his list.

To make the fans wait a little longer.

7. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I will point out about today's episode: It's ironic how this week of premiere pretty much started off with a Lincoln/Clyde episode on National Siblings Day, yet the sisters only have minor roles. Like ShadowBeast said, I wasn't excepting the sisters to show up, but at least we do get cameos from them in the middle and the end of the episode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Now that was a pretty darn adorable episode, it was genuinely sweet to see how much Lincoln and Clyde treasure their friendship even to the point of sacrificing their own fun. And it's worth noting for how brief each Loud's appearance was it was still golden for all of them, especially Rita and Leni one for being heartwarming and the other for being hilarious.

9. Action!

Action! Active Member

8/10 I really liked the montage of Lincoln and Clyde trying to finish the list.

10. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Kick The Bucket List

A meh episode for me, it is a Lincoln / Clyde episode what do you expect, the show at its strongest and best when the Loud sisters are involved and they were barely in it, so that will lose points with me. It is like a townies episode of Steven Universe, you know an episode that is about Steven and a random Beach City resident, and the Gems barely appear, that is what it felt like to me.

Still though it had its funny moments, the rock friends that was funny and Leni thinking Lincoln is a rock that was funny. I guess the lesson don't rush things in life.

11. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Spring break activities in one day I did like the sound of this and I really enjoyed this one. There was a lot of things going on and at the end I really did like how they were doing so much before heading home and after doing their activities. It worked well to see Clincoln Mcloud work well in getting through their list, and doing some more in the excess. B+.

12. ShadowBeast

With the name of the episode I couldn't help but think of Disney's Kick Buttowski. Didn't help that the creator also worked on the show.

13. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Kick The Bucket List (Mid Low Tier) - Not surprised this one didn't really entertain me. Usually anything involving
    Lincoln and Clyde doesn't really do it for me (save for the very rare occasion that it does), unless the 10 sisters are
    involved in a reasonable way (they're just better characters, well - excluding for the ones I don't like/barely tolerate, compared to who this show focuses on, IMHO.).

I might be being harsh as hell on this, but this episode pretty much annoyed me, saved for the climax, where the two actually have fun getting home. Then again, that can blamed on the predictable setup, as well as its outcome of the two not having fun at all until they ditch said nonsense (the list) promoting such predictability, which is easily the best part of what feels like another rather weak entry to Season 2 for me.

Then again, that's because what these two were trying to do with the whole list thing, felt more stupid than funny, honestly...

Also, that ending stinger with Lincoln vs. bird was dumb as hell and if I was expected to laugh at it? Sorry to disappoint you, writers. I just wish the sisters joined in - maybe then it might have been slightly better - but only enough to make this episode average (Mid Tier), instead of what I'm ultimately ranking it, in the end.

Not off to a great start, so far, for me.

14. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

15. ShadowBeast

Party Down: Fantastic episode. Lori learns to act her age and not to follow a silly magazine. Lincoln had a nice trick of getting his underwear off without using his hands. maybe he could be a magician when he grows up. Lori's party planning makes her kind of like Lincoln since he likes to plan things out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

A pleasant episode, will no major issues I can think of outside of it's core moral being too similar to yesterday's episode.

And Leni wasn't completely dense this episode, she was actually fairly competent at her jobs.

17. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 The Joy and the Laughter

I liked today's episode. It was nice that Lori had a good party in the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Power is power!

Kick the Bucket List was pretty good. Lincoln and Clyde's crazy rush to get home was the best part. I honestly thought they were gonna GTA that old lady's scooter.

Party Down was pretty deece. Always remember to know what your partygoers are into and not be a tryhard classy chump.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Action!

Action! Active Member

8/10
    Lori learned her lesson to not follow some silly magazine. I really liked Lincoln's disguise.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ShadowBeast

His voice actor did a really good Russian accent. I hope he does the accent again in future episodes.

• Agree Agree x 2