1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Lego Batman Movie" Theatrical Feature Pre-Relase News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Billy Dee Williams is finally getting his chance. Some awesome casting right there!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Holy crud, was that Tarantula and Blight :eek:!?

Heh, good ol' Condiment King :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

It's supposed to be Doctor Phosphorus.

After all the villain cameos, it was nice seeing the Super Friends characters (Wonder Twins, El Dorado, Black Vulcan, etc) in the Justice League.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, that's a lot of different posters at once :eek:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

And the tie-ins begin:

It's okay Bruce, you can always rely on your R&D team from Powerless to give you glowing reviews (just having Mr.Freeman cover up your tracks)!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  9. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I can't believe this movie is out in a week! I'm hyped! Lego Batman, let's go! :D

"You wanna get nuts? Come on. Let's get nuts!"

UPDATE: The voice actors for many of the film's villains have been confirmed including Conan O'Brien (Batman - The Dark Knight Returns Part 2, Young Justice's The Flaming C) as Riddler and Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class) as Catwoman.

Additionally, some unexpected characters will appear and voice actors for Justice League members like Superman and Green Lantern will return from The Lego Movie.

• Like Like x 1
    #49 Greg91, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
    #50 Yojimbo, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Just back from seeing this (there are special screenings here in UK/Ireland today and tomorrow).

It's an absolutely phenomenal movie. Funny, action-packed and seriously heart warming. The mix is perfect and it is without a doubt the best DC film since The Dark Knight. In less than a year I have seen FIVE Batman (or Batman featured) movies on the big screen. This one is by far the best, which is almost sad when you think about it.

Bottom line, if you love Batman, you owe it to yourself to see this little gem of a movie.

Also... how embarrassing that LEGO Joker wipes the floor with Jared Leto's attempt.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Early reviews have been surprisingly positive with one reviewer upon first screening declaring that The LEGO Batman Movie is now his favorite Batman film.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Sounds great and absolutely keeps my hype exactly where it is: as high up as the Bat-Signal can shine! :D

I'm glad you got to see it early and really enjoyed it. Great start to 2017 for superhero movies similar to Deadpool last year and hopefully the same for my man Black Panther next year. Did you have a favorite character?
    Surprisingly? Really? Did people expect this to be bad or were they riding the DC movie hate train? I don't love the DCEU, but there definitely seems to be cynical people that believe every DC movie will be negatively received now.

The anticipated Batman: The Killing Joke, that wasn't a DCEU movie but was a (briefly) theatrically released DC movie, didn't help even if Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, that also released theatrically for a day, was well received.

UPDATE: Paul Dini gives the movie a thumbs up! He also gave me a hint about his response to anything related to his Batman work. Really awesome that he responded to me! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    #53 Greg91, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  14. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

'Surprising' because this movie is based as much on a toy franchise as on a comics property, so I would not have thought that expectations for it would be very high.

Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders has been well-received critically, but its box-office for the Fathom Event was a bit disappointing. Somewhat the opposite of the results for Batman: The Killing Joke.

#54 Otaku-sempai, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  15. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Always bet on Batman. ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Promo of Lego Batman meeting the CW heroes.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't tell if they reused dialogue or had the actual actors come in to record new lines :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TFormersMarvel

Warner Bros is doing a fun cross-promotion with all of their own properties (The Arrowverse, Ellen Degeneres's talk show, The Big Bang Theory, Mom, The Middle, and Gotham) by creating LEGO versions of their billboard posters at WB HQ.

Source (with the other non-DC Warner Bros shows): http://mashable.com/2017/02/06/lego...rl-arrow-gotham-big-bang-theory/#Jpm4F7.GnOqs

In addition, the ending credits for the Arrowverse shows this week (Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow) will have special LEGO ending variants (They're off to good start with the cute Supergirl one last night), so keep your eyes peeled:

Source: https://www.benzinga.com/pressrelea...up-celebrates-the-lego-batman-movie-with-supe

For the nitpick type, yeah, some of the mini-figures aren't quite accurate depictions of the show's version.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

I wonder if the Flash version will reference

• Like Like x 1
  20. TFormersMarvel

I've found some more LEGO Batman crossover tie-in clips, including the LEGO DC ending cards:

As a side note, this isn't the first time Stephan Amell and the Arrow crew have volunteered into becoming LEGO-ized pastiches of themselves, in the form of LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham's Arrow DLC (Seriously, Stephan Amell had too much fun with this one).

• Like Like x 1
    #60 TFormersMarvel, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017