The Legend of Korra "The Voice in the Night" Talkback [4/28/12]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Bryan, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

[​IMG][​IMG]

#104 - "The Voice in the Night"

Premieres: Saturday, April 28 at 11:00am ET/PT on Nickelodeon
    Encores: Click here for updates

2. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Go green!

That Tarrlok guy is my least favorite character now. XD

Loved those flashes at the end of the adult Gaang.

3. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Great episode. We find out about a battle Aang had 40 years ago, we are going to have a flashback with our old gAang as adults one day. I can't wait.

Councilmen Tarlok is in kudos with Amon, or is he just a jerk that is on our side like the Earth Kingdom General from the Book 2 season premere and Haun.

4. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Makes me wonder if we'll ever hear their voices in the future. Although for some reason I can't help but think of Zachary Tyler Eisen just trying to sound like a deep voiced man whenever i think of Adult Aang.

Also was that the entire council? I would think each person is a representation of the bending elements (I think with two water benders, probably water tribe), but are there no non-benders in the council? Doesn't that perpetuate non-bender wariness against bender supremacy?

5. Laugh Anyway

Laugh Anyway New Member

Woah, did they just change the title of the series again?!

6. Amayirot Akago

Amayirot Akago Akaringo

Not sure I like the contrived love triangle with Asami being added into the mix now, but I LOVE Korra's character moments here. The scene at the end where she was crying in Tenzin's arms was really poignant. And Amon continues to be the scariest character I've ever heard Steve Blum voice.

And massive SQUEE's were had at the quick flashback to the older Gaang. Gotta see where this is going. Can it be next saturday yet?

7. Zack

Zack stuff

That was the previous name of the series before it just became "The Legend of Korra." Someone at Nick must've forgotten to edit the title for that particular episode.

Anyway, I'm liking everything so far but I can't help but feel that the series is moving at quite a fast pace. The characters and situations barely have time for a breather before something else starts happening. Maybe this is because they only have so many episodes to work with but it feels distracting at times.

8. ferrisjso

ferrisjso New Member

I have a feeling the series is going to start slowing down for now after so much plot development in just 5 episodes.According to the teaser for next weeks episode they'll take a break from the whole Equalist story arc and follow up on the pro-bendig thing.This episode introduced many more possible story's to be used in the future however.We have the fact that they're was a threat to republic city before that Aang dealth with in the past,we now get a better look at the council.Also Asami introduces the love triangle thing which is prevalent in many shows which will definatly be developed later on.This episode introduced a lot of plot points to be continued in future eps and was really good.

9. army128

army128 New Member

The episode actually turn out alright. The romance was quite good than I expected to be. I didn't know Mako was such a smooth player. :p Bolin cracks me up as always. Trying to put the moves on Korra by bringing her flowers and cake (I thought Korra and Bolin were more like bros hanging out together IMO).

The ending was ok. Seeing Korra all teared up was kinda hard to watch. :sad: I was surprised Amon didn't just end her bending when he had the chance. I guess he's too confident to not fight her and just leave her there, letting her live on fear. Even when he's not around, he can be scary and haunting, and it leaves me even more curious as to what will happen on his next move.

10. gohstphantomhive

gohstphantomhive 99% synchronization level

" so, I hear you're dirt poor."
    LOL
    I loved the deep emotions shown in this episode, along with korra and tenzins' formal costume designs. the flash backs to the old gaang had me really excited, and I can't wait for the next episode.

11. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great episode :anime:
    I enjoy the funny scenes like Tenzin's daughter making fun of Tarrlok

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I thought that this was a really good episode. Tarrlok definitely felt like a jerk, setting up that party to get Korra to agree to be part of his task force. Given the way he looked after that attack on the people learning chi-blocking, it seems like he just wants to be famous by putting a stop to this revolution, instead of genuinely caring about the people, which would tie in to how Tenzin described him during that council meeting. While the revolution is a threat to the people of Republic City, I'm not sure if setting up a task force would be a good solution. It would just continue to make non-benders believe that benders are suppressing them with their powers. Fighting alone won't offer them a more lasting solution to this conflict, which will probably connect to Korra eventually learning to work on the more spiritual aspects of bending.

I'm not sure how I feel about Asami being introduced as other love interest, but she seemed like a nice enough character and her interactions with Mako were nice too. I had a feeling that his scarf came from one of his parents and it was nice to hear why he feels a sense of comfort from it.

The ending was pretty intense. For a moment, I thought that Amon would take Korra's bending away, but then I thought it was a bit too early for that. Plus, he seems to be confident in his plans and would probably want to take down the Avatar as his last step to assert his power. Amon is still one intimidating villain. That flashback to adult Aang and his friends was kind of sudden, but really cool. I only noticed that Toph and Aang were there. Adult Aang looked a bit different from how I pictured him, but maybe it was the beard. While brief, it was still really cool, especially since it would most likely have some connection to the conflict going on in the present.

Korra breaking down to tears was really sad. Even though she's a strong and capable fighter, she hasn't really faced someone as threatening as Amon before and the idea of losing her bending when it has been a part of her life from a young age just intensifies her fears even more. Showing how she was too calm throughout the beginning of the episode to joining the task force and challenging Amon made her admitting that she's afraid to Tenzin all the more believable and meaningful for her character.

Overall, it was a great episode. While I'm liking the pace of this series so far, I'm glad that next week's episode seems to offer more of a break with focusing on the pro-bending tournament. So far, the pacing doesn't feel too fast for me, so I'm hoping that with some breaks between the anti-bending revolution like this will help prevent the show from moving too fast.

13. Kesaria

Kesaria New Member

:ack:Amon terrifies me. I don't trust Mako's girlfriend... she's probably with Amon trying to get close to the Avatar in some way. The BolinxKorra action was cute lol. He was worried some other guy was giving her stuff and looked relieved when he found out it was an old councilman:anime:. Loved the flashback in the end, and Korra crying made her a lot more human, but it was sad to watch. Can't wait for next Saturday!!!

14. macattack

macattack I see you!

This episode started off a bit weird but took on serious life by the end. Amon is becoming somebody really threatening and he seems to be really confident in that he's going to save Korra "for last". It's like the ultimate form of defeat, when everyone else around you is taken down, and you're left all on your own. That's the ultimate fear.

Korra being scared and vulnerable at the end is not only natural, but inevitable. Amon just threatened to rip her life to shreds piece by piece. It won't surprise me to see Amon doing his damndest to make that happen.

The animation's slipped a little from the first two episodes. I'm noticing some jagged movements. Looks like the in-betweens are slacking.

15. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Honestly, Aang as an Adult looks similar to Michael Dante DiMartino, only without glasses and his face is a bit more sculpted.

16. young101

young101 New Member

Asami is evil! No way someone like that has strings attached. Plus her green eyes & goggles I feel I hinting at the fact that she is with the chi blockers.

Also the flashback looks like there was some sort of court trial but I'm not entirely sure though.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  17. Sailor V

Sailor V Defender Of Justice

This was another great episode. I liked how everything was pieced together with the intense ending and the unexpected flashback with the GAang as adults. Looks like next week's episode has to do with the pro-bending tournament.

18. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

Could Bolin and Korra be any less transparent with their emotions?

I seriously hope that Asami isn't part of the Equalists.

19. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I think Asami is a double agent. She is working for the White Lotus or someone to pretend to be an Equalist spy like Gajeel in Fairy Tail.

20. Zero Kagayaki

Zero Kagayaki the end of this planet

Man I really like the characters development in this show so far..