1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Legend of Korra" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by RonDrakenfan17, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I really like the group shot of the two main casts. I especially like older Zuko's design. He looks so tough and cool. I'll try to avoid spoiling too many details about the next book, but hopefully, it will be a good watch and provide more focus on the characters.

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I have some big casting news. I don't know if I should put it in a spoiler tag or not. But for now I will. But it has been confirmed from that person twitter.

3. Graywulf76

Graywulf76 Shadow Gentleman

4. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Member

From all i've heard so far is that Season 2 seems like it will be better than Season 1.Before Korra premiered my mian concern with the series was it just staying in one location(republic city) in contrast to in A TLA the whole gang moving around and exploring the whole world.This limited Korra in showing how much the whole world had changed.Regardless this actually seemed to not be a problem with the show as it turned out great regardless of the set point.In following seasons it seems like the whole show won't be in Republic city and we'll continue to see the old shows legacy in the present.I'm really can't wait to see the new season i haven't been so excited about the new season of any show since probably A TLA or DP.

5. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Hey, did Sokka manage to recover Space Sword?

6. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Possibly during "The Promise"

7. Toons4ever

Toons4ever Member

It's most likely a different sword

8. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

9. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Republic City & World Traveling?!!? How? Or Book 2: Spirits

I'm curious as to how the show's going to be divided between Mako, Asami, and Bolin still living in Republic City while Korra's world traveling with Tenzin's family. More of the anti-gaang rears it's head. Mako, Asami, and Bolin don't drop their lives to see the world with the Avatar. How will their "relationships" evolve? Long distance for Mako & Korra? Mako & Asami reunite? No mention of romance is made here at all. I will bust my butt laughing if Tahno joins the Fire Ferrets:p. There's also no mention of Lin:crying:. What will the Republic Citizens main plot be if Korra's fighting in the spirit world?

Plus it sounds like Korra's getting an all new gaang! But the air kiddies, her cousins, and Bumi means we're lacking a fire bender and possibly a non bender. Hmmmmm.

Here's io9's Korra concept art for Book 2. Io9 describes Korra's cousins as "creepy androgynous twins".:eek:

http://io9.com/5926144/beautiful-concept-art-illuminates-the-upcoming-book-2-of-legend-of-korra

Plus some extra SDCC animatic details.

Ppbbttttt! Why read about it, when you can watch the animatic.

[video=youtube;W62gTP0mEKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62gTP0mEKg[/video]

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Comic...Book_2_Spirit_Details_New_Characters/33795088

And here's a few more details to expand on what was already posted.

I also can't wait to hear/see who Grey Delisle is voicing. The Fire Lady ;)? Senior citizen Azula? Azula's granddaughter or daughter? Someone else entirely?

Better pictures of the new cast.

http://owldee.tumblr.com/tagged/korra-panel

#989 BonnieB21:-), Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  10. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I agree with you, I hope she voices the Fire Lady someday. Since I heard about Zuko's daughter, my expectation, she would have all the possitive qualities of Azula, but without the evil and the crazy.

While no word yet on the Fire Lord, if she will appear or not, Grey already said one character she will be voicing.

11. jak d ripr

jak d ripr Member

So far I like what Im hearing, the idea of learning more about the avatar lineage sounds like an enticing one, we might even learn how the avatar lineage began. The only thing that worries me is the lack of any mention of lin, paired with the introduction of so many new characters and I get the feeling my girl might be taking a back seat this season. Oh well, maybe she will get more shine in seasons 3 and 4.

12. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Studio Mir Shows Their Animation Process

Cartoon Brew had 3 videos of Studio Mir pulling back the curtains and revealing how they work on Legend Of Korra.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/studio-mir-the-studio-behind-legend-of-korra.html

[video=youtube;XdCPpRpYUqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCPpRpYUqw&feature=plcp[/video]

And this person has a bunch of animatics from The Last Airbender's finale.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rick0404

Here's a picture of the cast of LOK from Entertainment Weekly.

[​IMG]

13. khuddle

khuddle Member

Why are they taking so long on giving us a DVD/BR release date (for Season1)? I'm losing patience...

14. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Maybe they’re waiting until closer to Book 2’s premiere to put one out. If that’s the case, it may not be until sometime early-to-mid next year, depending on how long Book 2 takes to complete.

Regardless on the timeframe, I really do hope that Nickelodeon/Paramount will release the DVD version in 16:9 and not letterboxed 4:3. Nick’s other live-action shows that are produced in the HD have never been released on DVD in the proper aspect ratio. So, this worries more much more than the release date at this point.

15. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

16. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

A Korra game sounds like a lot of fun.

17. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

In addition to confirming that Korra and Asami are gay, "Turf Wars: Part 1", the new Korra comic series has also revealed that:

18. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

They're quite pushing it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

That is just there and so shoved in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Yeah. I hate it when shows become tools for agendas and politics. Especially cartoons that target vulnerable kids. This is just wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1