1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Legend of Korra" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by RonDrakenfan17, Apr 4, 2010.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

#961 zoombie, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

This was posted on the official "The Legend of Korra" Facebook stating:
    Great news! Not only will there be a Book 2 of Korra, but Nickelodeon just announced they've put in an order for 26 more episodes after that!"

So I assume it's Book 3 & Book 4. So we have season 2 and an additional 26 episodes.

3. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Best news I heard all day. Hope this means the wait between Book 2 & Book 3 won't be as long as the wait between Book 1 & Book 2 is going to be.

4. r0derix

r0derix Member

Anyone else wonder if this was meant to be announced at Comic Con? I wonder if EW stole some of their thunder by leaking this early.

5. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

So this show is going to be at least 4 books/ 52 episodes? Best birthday present I've gotten. :D

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is awesome news. While the season finale felt like a step-down quality wise, mainly for the last ten minutes of the second episode, I was still hoping that they would be able to get more episodes to work on the characters than fourteen. Hopefully, the next three books won't feel as rushed as the first season did at times. Though, I am curious to see where they'll go after the Equalist conflict, especially when Korra can bend all four elements already.

7. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

They didn’t steal the story. Networks give certain new sites exclusives before they officially release an announcement. Happens all the time. Likely, Nickelodeon will issue a press release tomorrow about the pick-up.

In fact, The Legend of Korra was first announced back in July 2010, the day before Comic-Con too.

8. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

This is amazing news. I absolutely love the show, the only thing that got me down about it was a potentially low episode count, but now that we'll have 26 new episodes, I don't have that same sense of impending doom!

I'm excited.

9. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Member

This is the best move Nick has made in a LONG time.Korra totally deserved to get renewed again as it's overall season 1 ratings were the best of any Nicktoon EVER that i know of all during the networks darkest moments.This could be the start of a comeback for Nick especially if Nick follows Korra's example and invests in more action shows.Remember these ratings were achieved with a extremely minuscule amount of advertising and promotion When i first heard about this i assumed it was simply a spin off that would simply tarnish the reputation of the original.Both Nicktoon spinoffs before that All Grown Up and Planet Sheen had done just that failed to recreate the magic of their respective parent series in both ratings and quality.However Korra bucked the trend.I can now say with confidence that through its first 12 episodes Korra not only got much better ratings than A TLA but has been better show as well.If you had told me that i would be thinking this way before the show came out i would laugh and call you crazy.As a fan i am so thrilled to have a high quality Nicktoon to watch where the characters really resonate.Now that the show is going to last for 52 episodes me and the rest of the Avatar fan base can rest at peace that Nick won't make a stupid choice that thye've made such a large plethora of over the years.I can hardly wait for Season 2 and thanks to this show in large part despite Nick's ratings woes for the first time in a long while i see potential sucess.Legend of Korra has taken only 12 episodes to become my third favorite Nicktoon ever behind A TLA and DP and i'm thrilled that i'll be able to keep watching it for years to come.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. Alec

According to the article, Nick only order 2 seasons

Season 1: Books 1 & 2
    Season 2: Books 3 & 4

Unless the article didn't realize that Nick ordered the extra 14 episodes as a "new" season as Bryan Konietzko stated. I guess we'll find out at this years Comic Con or from a Nick Press Release.

11. Laugh Anyway

Laugh Anyway Member

They have a 2 season order = 52 episodes, they can divide it anyway they want. At least that's how I understand it.

12. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Maybe Book 2 and 3 will each be 13 episodes instead of the slight more uneven Book One Split. But yeah this is great news and I hope since they know about the pickup in the middle of production of the next "season" (which is announced to come out next year which is also good news), they can actually incorporate a building story arc between the seasons. I guess they want Korra to be more standalone then ATLA, but having some carry over elements to get people invested in the next season would work.

13. r0derix

r0derix Member

Ah, now that you say that I remember that. I guess that was not the case then.

Also I hope the article was just mixed up, and Book 2 is Season 2, Book 3 is season 3, etc. Though I guess each season having the same amount of episodes might make more sense (26 and 26, rather than 12, 14, etc).

14. Alec

Byran Konietzko confirmed. Nick has ordered only 2 seasons but 4 books.

Season 1 is Books 1 & 2 = 26 (12+14) episodes
    Season 2 is Books 3 & 4 = 26 (13+13) episodes

Books 3 & 4 will each be 13 episodes each as stated here:
    http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/27078349740/im-sure-this-meme-is-dead-by-now-but-it-still

15. r0derix

r0derix Member

Welp, wrong twice in one thread. Good to have confirmation though.

16. Graywulf76

Graywulf76 Shadow Gentleman

Guess they won't have to worry about getting more episodes.

Anyway, I'm hoping they can flesh everything out in the next season. A lot of the stuff in the first season felt pretty rushed, especially the romance (can't stand Mako/Korra). I also want to see what the next major challenge will be now that the Equalist plot is "over".

17. r0derix

r0derix Member

Korra Panel was today at SDCC. Information on Book 2 compiled on another forum:

18. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Adult versions of Katara and Zuko:

[​IMG]

I like the new details on Book Two.

19. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

If Book 1 seemed to only pay cursory attention to the spiritual aspect of being the Avatar, Book 2 sure seems poised to focus on it. I suspect that in the long run, few if any will find Book 1 to be a rushed conclusion to that angle in retrospect. We'll see.

The adult Gaang = awesome. I see Zuko kept going with the dual wielding thing.

20. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

The adult version of the Gaang looks downright epic. Like, "crack a few skulls" epic.