"The Legend of Korra" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by RonDrakenfan17, Apr 4, 2010.

1. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

2. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

Probably just some rumors, never heard about that. If it was true it would have been talked about at the upfront anyway.

3. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

That's what I thought.
    But I keep hearing by Avatar fans that its been confirmed, so its confusing to me :sweat:

4. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

That is just a rumor. Who knows maybe some day. I heard a similar thing about a Code Geass series with all new characters also.

5. Mia

Mia New Member

Years ago I read in Nicktoons magazine in a interview with the creators. (This was before season 3 I believe.) The creators talked about the shippers and that they would like to work on a story in the same world with different characters.

They also said something about how Aang wasn't the only air bender, he just thought he was.

Who knows how true this is now, if I'm recalling correctly this was right before the writers strike.

6. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Grumpy Gorilla

Mike and Bryan told me that they were working on new Avatar material about 2 years ago, but I haven't heard anything else about it since then. There were rumors about DTV movies, but they're either still being worked on or have been quietly canned. Then again, I know that Nick shows will tend to run long in the development process (I think The Mighty B! took 2-3 years to go from concept to show), so it's possible that they're just working on them that much more to make them just right.

The other possibility is that they don't want to take too much of the spotlight away from the live-action movie.

Avatar fans are great, but they can also be slightly psychotic, so I'd take what any of them say without proof with a grain of salt the size of an armadillo.

7. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Oooh I hope the writers strike hasn't affected this.
    I think it'd be pretty cool if they showed in the future another avatar.
    Have the kid deal with future type things. Than meet two present type friends and the last fire bender trying to deal with what he feels is right. If done right, could be pretty cool.

Ed-Liu I hope its the other, that there dealing with the live action film first. I think it'd be pretty cool if they showed an interview between the writers/producers in the begining of the film and talk about talks of another series.

8. InkAndPixelClub

InkAndPixelClub New Member

Personally, I kind of wish Nickelodeon would hire Mike and Bryan to do a completely new series. Don't get me wrong; I love Avatar. (Just wrote an article about it for my website, plug plug.) But I'd love to see the same creative team do a new series with a new premise and the same level of quality as Avatar. I've never understood why Nickelodeon didn't make more of an effort to have more programming like Avatar when it became clear that the show was a hit. I think there was one kind of similar show that kind of came and went, but that was it. Neither Nick nor any other network really tried to repeat the success of Avatar.

I would think it would make sense to have the new series ready to air not too long after the live-action movie came out, since there would be a lot of publicity for the brand. But if that was the case, I think we would have heard something by now. Still, I imagine the fate of a potential new series is going to depend a lot on how the movie does, and I'm still feeling very iffy on the movie.

9. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

It would seem that something is in the works. Viacom put a few openings for an “Untitled Avatar Miniseries” just the other day on their careers page; one for production coordinator and one for script coordinator. I am fairly certain it will be animated, as it mentions that it prefers people with prior animation production experience, and it will air on Nickelodeon.

10. InkAndPixelClub

InkAndPixelClub New Member

Very interesting! If they're just hiring people now, chances are it will be a while before we see anything concrete. And there's still no guarantee that it will happen. If the movie bombs, Nickelodeon could still pull the plug before the series gets too far into development. But this is the most definitinve news I've heard on the project so far.

11. Old Guy

Old Guy New Member

I agree.

I guess the job of an Avatar is never done. ;)

12. FriendlyMushroom

FriendlyMushroom Knight of Sidonia

I disagree. While I certainly think a new series not focused on the characters from the first series is the best way, I don't want M&B (and Aaron Ehasz) making a new series completely separate from the Avatar world. I want the Avatar world expanded, more adventures within it. And I want it done by people who know how to do Avatar right. And there is the little matter of just a couple dangling plot threads...

:mad:

&*#@)%^#*(!_#*$(@%(^#*, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOM!

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I want to find out what happened to Zuko's mom too. Considering the way they left that open in the finale and Zuko is my favorite character in the series, I would love to see a special episode or movie focusing on his attempts to find her. Since they seem to be working on something Avatar related, hopefully something like that will happen. Seeing the Avatar universe expanded would also be pretty cool.

14. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond New Member

I hope this is true. I, too, would like to find out what happened to Zuko's mother. Maybe this mini-series will represent the "Book of Air" since the three seasons of the show covered Water, Earth, and Fire.

15. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Such a book would have to be a flash forward, after more Airbenders were born, since during the time of the show, Aang was the last Airbender, as the title states.

16. FriendlyMushroom

FriendlyMushroom Knight of Sidonia

The "books" represented the story arc/time period where Aang searched for a teacher of an element and learned that element. At the start of the show, was was already skilled at airbending. A new Avatar series or show would not be called "Book 4: Air", even if it was about Aang & co.

17. SRB2Unleashed

SRB2Unleashed Dragon Ball obsessed

I hope this miniseries is like a Wishology-esque (3 or 4 movies each day doesn't sound bad to me) that has a continuing plot, that wraps up all loose ends. *cough*ZUKO'S FREAKING MOM!*cough*

18. Kaveh77

Kaveh77 New Member

I think they're going to say what happens to Zukos mom in the movie trilogy so I guess we can only hope that the movies dont suck.

19. KratosWriter

KratosWriter The Knower of Random Things

If Avatar ever came back, I'd at least like to see what happened to Zuko's mother because they ended the series on Zuko asking his dad about that. I don't think they ever really revealed what happened to Zuko's mom and it would be nice if they revealed it maybe in an hour long special or something like that.

As for a new Avatar series... nah. While the show was awesome, I don't think basically redoing it with new characters would be a good idea. The show ended on a good note (except for the mystery of Zuko's mom) and I wouldn't be too interested in watching people have new adventures in the Avatar world.

20. radioflyer

radioflyer New Member

Ohhhh man that would so rock. I WANT AN AVATAR MINI-SERIES ABOUT ZUKO'S SEARCH FOR HIS MOTHER!!! And I want to see how things are going for Aang, Katara, Sokka and Uncle Iroh! Man I miss that show!