"The Legend of Korra" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator

I couldn't find a recent general news thread for The Legend of Korra, so I though I would start a new one to relay this news.

On her blog, Alyson Stoner says she will be the voice of Opal in the show.

There isn't anything else besides that character name at this point, but it is something to get discussion started.

2. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

Who's Opal?

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

And who's Alyson Stoner? Sherri's kid?

4. LegoFan224

LegoFan224 Member

Alyson Stoner is the voice actress of Isabella Garcia-Shipiro from Phineas & Ferb. She also voiced Barbra Gordon and Bette Kane on Young Justice.

5. FriendlyMushroom

FriendlyMushroom Knight of Sidonia

And she was Sally in Mike's Super Short Show. :p

6. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Proudly representing her native Ohio(Alyson Stoner is originally from Toledo)- don't be surprised if she gets more voice-over jobs. She'll be heard all over Saturday morning TV for years to come. I wish her all the best in the upcoming season of The Legend of Korra- that would give Alyson three Saturday morning shows she can be heard in, in addition to Cartoon Network's Young Justice and Disney Channel's Phineas & Ferb.

7. khuddle

khuddle New Member

It is now official -- DVD for Season 1 to be released May 21 of this year. Finally!

8. tommy21

tommy21 New Member

Finally! I cannot wait.

I'm guessing the Season 2 Premier is going to go with the DVD release.

9. r0derix

r0derix New Member

Source on this? I've been watching for this for months and did not see this anywhere (nothing on TVShowsonDVD or avatar spirit).

EDIT: Never mind, I see Amazon has it listed for then. Great to finally have a date.

10. ferrisjso

ferrisjso New Member

Great news. However since it seems logical that Nick will release the DVD around the time of the LoK Book 2 premiere to stir up interest and ratings and sales (it works both ways)we could be waiting a long time.It Lok premieres around the time of the DVD release that will be nearly a year hiatus from the finale which is a long hiatus even for an animated show.Well knowing Brian and Mike and their history with A TLA and LoK (and many unusually long hiatus's)the longer the wait the better the product.Still even if the show premiered next week this is an unusually long hiatus even for Brian and Mike.

11. tommy21

tommy21 New Member

It can take up to 9 months to make an episode. They deserve a break too. Plus there's time needed to build up interest and advertise the series.

12. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

13. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Cool I really enjoyed the first art book so this will be something for me to get when it comes out.

14. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

On one hand, I am reluctant to get the DVD since I didn't like how Korra: Book One's direction went, but it's still an enjoyable series that I want to own. Also, I am curious about the commentary because a morbid part of me wants to know how Mike and Bryan justifies Mako/Korra. Man, talk about a romance subplot that utterly failed because of the main characters' stupid decisions. I also want to know their thoughts on the ending which I personally felt was rushed; how she got her Airbending skills also bothers me.

The artbook is a definite purchase. I must absorb all the 1920s-inspired goodness!

15. FriendlyMushroom

16. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

Might consider the Blu-ray, but those last five or six episodes really started to suck (story and animation-wise), espicially the finalé.

17. FriendlyMushroom

I disagree; the back end of Book 1 was better than the front end IMO. The two problems were that the romance was mishandled and the finale was wrapped up a little too quickly (it was not, however, a deus ex machina). But the rest of the characters, the animation, the story? It was all excellent.

18. tommy21

tommy21 New Member

Amazon took down the page for the LoK Blu-Ray.

I really hope that this is a mistake as I really want the blu-ray...

19. FriendlyMushroom

Oh hell no....

20. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

I`m pretty sure that Bryke's idea of romance just dosen`t fit mine and many others' and I`m coming to realize that. IMO, people who are similar are more attracted to each other, not those whose personalities clash so much. I supported Zutara for the same reason I think that Bolin/Korra is better than Mako/Korra, they just seem to complement each other better in terms of personality.