The Legend of Korra "A Breath of Fresh Air/Rebirth/The Earth Queen" Talkback [6/27/14]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Neo Yi, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Neo Yi

Neo Yi In a Dream, I Can See, You Are Not Far Away...

[​IMG][​IMG]

"A Breath of Fresh Air/Rebirth/The Earth Queen" (Bonus Episode)

Premieres: Friday, June 27th, 2014 from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM ET/PT on Nick
    Encores: Click here for updates

A Breath of Fresh Air
    Korra discovers that a major shift has been created in the bending world.

Rebirth
    Korra and Team Avatar set out to re-establish the air nation.

The Earth Queen
    Team Avatar travels to Ba Sing Se to search for airbenders.

You can also discuss general Legend of Korra news in the Korra News and Discussion Thread.

Tonight is the premiere of Book 3 of Legend of Korra. We'll be getting three episodes! The first two, plus a bonus. So discuss all three here.

Discuss

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Running commentary on A Breath of Fresh Air:

I like that we get more spirits in the first minutes of the episode. Hope we get lots more of the kind of designs we saw in the big ol' Avatar Wan flashback from Book 2.

So a big opening thing here is that what Korra did had pretty major unintended consequences...whoops. So Korra gets in the President's face here, but he was kind of asking for it by backhanding her for the press in her presence. I get his frustration too, but if you ask me Korra's also right that she did the heavy lifting in Book 2's events while the Prez kept finding excuses to do nothing. That guy is more risk-averse politician than leader if you ask me.

"The grumpy dad, the crazy uncle, the put-upon mom, the crazy kids..." Okay, Tenzin's family is kind of pegged there. But they're sitting right there, Bolin!

Okay, my favorite moment might be Korra and Asami bonding over that driving lesson (don't crash and die, Korra!). After all the shipping debates, all the angst, all the "oh, are they really friends?" concern....yes, in point of fact, they are. These are characters and there's more to them and their lives. I hope this slays obsession with and complaints about shipping, I really do. Excellent scene here.

Tenzin counseling Korra is also an awesome scene. Good job pointing out her job is serving the world, not winning approval and bending to the fleeting whims of the moment.

So the "Change" we're seeing this season is both good and bad. Nature is infringing on Republic City and there's no clear and obvious answer, but it's affected bending and made the revival of the Air nation possible with airbenders being introduced into the world again. Of course, these changes enable these criminals to break free, and they've got a vendetta.....

Speaking of which, the airbending villain is pretty cool. Really liked his dialogue and that lore story he told.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  3. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Tenzin: 'Change has come and people need to get use to it; it has caused the reemergence of Air-benders. Now let's try to restore the Air Nomads to exactly the way they were before being nearly completely wiped out.'

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Sweet mercy, Mako is awkward this season. I really thought he was on the verge of staying behind and not dealing with things at all as opposed to actually moving forward with his life. Good thing Bolin was there to talk him into the trip.

Lots of material on the not-so-smooth attempt to recruit people to join the Airbending tribe in Rebirth. Korra knocking heads with the basement dwelling loser was something else. Tough break for Tenzin and his parodied idealism (you won't have to worry about your material possessions, because you won't have any! Your best friend will be a giant bison!). Yeah, there are lots of new benders, but that doesn't mean they're all going to leave their current lives and abandon their own interests for a higher cause. Enter this kid Kai. Their first real recruit isn't anything ideal, he's a liar and a thief ...but I like Korra's perspective. Who better to agree to teach than someone who truly needs guidance? Too bad he's a stinker. Kid's gonna take some work.

So, that third recruit into the band of criminals / rebels...pretty sure I saw that she has no arms. This is diminished a bit by the waterbent limbs, but wow. Geez, what is the story of these convicts? They're so dangerous they've been imprisoned long distances apart all over the world!

Even in advanced age, Zuko is decisive and awesome. And he rides a Dragon. He's going to be a part of this whole season, right? Nice unfortunate irony at the end..."the Avatar has to be protected", so contact Lin. Except the Republic City President, in his infinite wisdom, kicked Korra out of the city so she's not there. Whoops.

5. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

So, the antagonistic FireBender is a new/next gen Sparky Sparky Boom Man?

Will there be an explanation?

6. Anyone00

Looks like someone has long term plans to take some land back.

7. The Talon

The Talon New Member

We're only three episodes in and this just might be my favorite book so far, Bryke seems to had a really nice rebound from Book 2.

I wonder what was up with those Mad Max guys that went after the gold. They kept talking about "sides", so they might be related to those escaped prisoners somehow.

8. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Active Member

Sparky Sparky Boom Lady!

So wait, the whole sweat bending couldn't still work for the armless lady?

Quite pleased to see Korra and Asami all chummy with each other. Mako's adorableness sky rocketed with his awkward behavior, it really gives him some personality.

Kai's...kind of annoying. Though his cutesy romance with Jinora helps a little.

I'm disappointed with Bolin. Can he PLEASE be something more than comedic relief? Even Sokka had some serious moments.

And as for Zuko, I guess old people in this world naturally gain a wise accent...

9. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Sooooo....wow? That was some of the best material I've seen from this show. The handling of team Avatar I am 100% in approval of. Mako and Bolin get family time and their own little arc, Korra and Asami are an action duo taking on motorcycle riding thugs that could belong in Fist of the North Star...almost. Love this. YES.

Ba Sing Se. Sigh. Orderly and proper on the outside, nasty and corrupt within. I guess some things never change. They have awful luck with monarchs, don't they?

Combustion Girl is creepy. So, so creepy, you do not want her escaping. "He's out, isn't he? I feel warmer already"....gah, menacing.

Zuko gets the best comic relief line, deadpanning LIKE A BOSS. "Ironically I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the avatar myself once...........didn't work." I laughed, that delivery was glorious.

10. Anyone00

If the air is dry enough sweat will evaporate before it can collect... ok she would also need to have her head almost completely shaved and be wearing less clothing but I'll let that slide.

I wonder if the she was born without arms, lost her arms in an accident/battle, or willingly had her arms cut off to learn her waterbending form?

11. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Three cheers for Not-Useless Asami! The show has finally figured out what to do with her.

And no sooner do they figure it out than they suddenly saddle the show with..........oh dear, a precocious brat. That's not good. I have to really wonder what they're thinking now. I don't like him so far -- if I wanted this kind of character I'd watch Ben 10.

I doubt I'm alone. These things are never taken well, especially when they're added mid-series. Expect Kai to be mutilated in a lot of fan-fiction.

12. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

I didn't feel sorry for Kai at the end.So far this season is off to a good start, I hope the Earth Queen is dethroned soon which will hopefully happen since we got alot of plots just by these three episodes alone, and we haven't even started Lin's plot yet.Speaking of dethroning that president has really turned into a villain, but what can you expect from a politician.

13. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Active Member

14. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

So Korra honeymoon of saving the world didn't last long, the people including president Raiku turned on her. Dam we get to see spirits awesome.

Bumi is an airbender, too bad Aang is not alive to see that. And we have more airbenders, this could lead to problems.

I am liking this Korra / Asami friendship arc, interesting where that leads. Good to let all secrets out of the bag and clinse yourself. The part when they said they were glad that Mako didn't divide then, if could forshadow to them actually being divided in the climax of this book. Hopefully it is not over Mako, my guess is perhaps Korra ask for Hiroshi advice or help on something behind Asamai's back and that causes friction. Than by the end they well be best friend.

Someone tried to commit sucide and wished he wasn't an Airbender, I wonder why he didn't ask Korra to spirit bend him, she could take his bending. Where is Amon when you need him? Well he just has to live with it, believe there could be worse things.

Duchbag Raiku kicks Korra out of president, I wonder if he has any Fire Nation blood in him because banishing is a national past time over there.

So this convict breaks out of prision and has some grudge against the Avatar for some reason, whatever the reason it better be good and not weak as Unaloq's motivation.

So they decide to go on a journel to find more airbenders, well goodbye Republic City and good riddance, I want to see more of this new world 70 years later. Mako get over yourself.

Let the recuitment began. When they visted that first family on this journel, it is funny how things change, before it was Korra was ackward and not good at public speaking, and wise Tenzin knew how to be a deploment, and here Tenzin just terrible choice of words. I know how angist he is to restarting the airbenders, choice your words wisely, you scared the guys kids, and think from the other person's prospective, instead of just thinking of your wants. But I understand why Tenzin is so angist.

Than we go to recuit other people and the montage was hillarous. Tenzin he is no John Wooden when it comes to recruitment. My favorite part was the vegitation diet part. Than we meet the slacker, that was funny, though it might have been a little jab at the older audiance.

Than they resort to a preformance carney con job, and I love the part when Korra airbended Mako and Asami's reaction. The female bonding continues. So they meet this kid named Flim Flam, sorry I mean Kai. I knew he was playing with the whole bad guys chasing him, glad that misunderstanding was resolved. I thought they might have streched this out when the police think Korra is aiding and abedden a criminal. Well eventhough he is a con man, we are so desperate so we will take them.

Meanwhile more mysterious criminals are escaping, including armless waterbender who sounds familar to us.

Speaking of familar things, we see Zuko finally. Interesting here as he referred to as Lord Zuko. I guess he has the title of Lord for life. Though in the original series they referred to past Fire Lords Sozin and Azulon as Fire Lord. I guess there is a difference between dying and retiring as Fire Lord.

Looks like Jinorra got a crush. They grow up fast don't they, well Bumi you both have equal experience in airbending so don't feel too bad. If you had Tenzin's experience and knowledge, you would have wiped the floor with him.

Well the Earth Queen is making me miss president Raiku, are all world leaders uncorputive jerks. I hope Zuko's daughter is an exception, well the way Iroh II respects Avatar to the point that would probably jump off a bridge if Korra told him to, I think she won't be a problem, but the Earth Queen is another story.

That dam Kai, still conning and stealing maybe Mako has the right idea of just letting him be. But Bolin he craves family and be a big brother and stuff. We meet their family, and their cousin is freakin Beast Boy. On the original show we had Robin and Raven, all that messing is Cyborg and Starfire. A sad moment when they had to tell them about their parents being dead. But nice character development with Mako giving the scarf to his grandmother. I hope we see flashback of Mako and Bolin's parents.

Desna and Eska are back, the comment about the taylor was hillarous, and of course Zuko and the twins remenence of trying to killing Avatars that was funny, Zuko still has some of his ackward humor from his younger days. So there is fire bending prisioner.

We have some Korra and Asami kicking butt together as this Korra and Asami friendship arc continues. So agaisnt her better judgement Korra gives the queen the tax she asked for and gets double crossed. All world leaders are jerks in this show. Even Desna and Eska have a bit of arrogance to them though at least they are being helpful which more than I can say for the Earth Queen and president Raiku.

So Kai's thieving ways finally caught up with him, and how the hell did anyone allow the Dai Lee to get back into power. I would think as long as Aang was alive he would never allow that. So probably in Korra's life time when she was a child.

I loved all there episodes, this series is looking amasing this season, this could be the best Book yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
  15. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

Odd. The Legend of Korra Books 1 and 2 seem to be missing from iTunes. I guess because you can see them on Nick's site for free.

16. FriendlyMushroom

FriendlyMushroom Knight of Sidonia

Definitely a stronger start to the season than Book 2 had. Mind you, I don't think Book 2's first couple episodes were bad, it didn't start getting bad until somewhere during Civil Wars, but this was much smoother.

Thank God we have an actual likable Korra! She's still a very direct person who doesn't like other people's BS, but she's at least reasonable. I really like the talk she had with the airbender guy on the bridge. She seemed very human and sympathetic but also like she knew what she was doing.

Loved the nice little "Korrasami" moment when they were driving around. More of that, please.

The whole montage with looking for airbenders was pretty humorous. It figures that people aren't just going to drop everything to go live in a temple. I cracked up at the Jon Heder cameo. That' wasn't just a Napoleon Dynamite-esque character, he was voiced by Jon Heder. I wonder how that came to happen in the casting.

Very interested to see what they do with Kay's character. He seems fun, we'll see where he goes.

Having Mako and Bolin run into family in Ba Sing Se was brilliant. I can already tell this is going to do a lot to make their characters more fleshed out and sympathetic. Who else thinks their family is hiding an airbender?

On that subject, confound that Earth Queen. I suppose it's not hugely surprising that she's still holding a grudge about never getting the territory back from the Fire Nation, but still. I see the Dai Li are still being used for nefarious purposes.

Lastly, dem villains. Already a huge improvement over Unalaq. They're dangerous as hell and I'm intrigued to see what their motivations are. I wonder -- Zuko's immediate reaction to their escape is to send word to protect the Avatar. The White Lotus was acting as their jailors -- and the White Lotus were watching over Korra back at the beginning of the show. I wonder, have they made an attempt on Korra, or even Aang's, life before? Perhaps Aang knew of this organization and that's why he made provisions for the White Lotus to protect the next Avatar. It would be really crazy if the truth is that Aang did not die of natural causes, but this group assassinated him.

Oh, and the animation is wonderful. This is top tier stuff, and it's good to see MiR at it and we don't have to deal with the lackluster work of Pierrot.

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed. Now to wait two weeks! I won't cave to watching the leaks!

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

You know, sans season two of the original series, none of the first premieres of a season have been the show at it's hottest. Season one of ATLA and Korra had to set up the world and the general threat and thus were a lot more talky and having to get you use to everyone and the drama. Avatar Season three had a solid premiere episode and though the episodes after that weren't bad were kind of... distractingly a different tone. Not to mention it seemed like they were stalling with the plot without a terrible lot even going on. And then there was Korra's second season start which was... well honestly kind of a mess. Granted it wasn't horrible and the season would pick up after some pretty bad episodes later on but it was at best a mix bag. I can safely say though that with this season they really, really hit the ground running. There's a lot of good action, good comedy, some good character moments, and an actually interesting plot that for once doesn't seem to be taking the characters in a backward direction, or making them look like terrible idiots. Instead we've got a whole lot of goodness that I think I'll talk about episode to episode.

"A Breath Of Fresh Air" - I like to also think of this one as "Okay I think we FINALLY know how to write for Korra now. Relax guys, we're learning". Granted she's still a hothead and still unsure of herself, but it's actually showing some depth and growth now. Not only questioning her previous decisions when she sees the ramifications for them that aren't for once taking her forever to come around on, but also actually not only wanting to be better, but actually doing so. Seriously the moment of her reaching out for the guy on the bridge comparing her day to his to actually calm him down and get him to trust her was actually quite a telling moment for her. And one that actually felt natural with the convos she had with Tenzin showing she was actually listening and letting it soak in instead of simply just hearing it pass through one ear without catching it. This is a very important point because of how unlikeable or annoying Korra was for a lot of season 2 so it's good to see we've hit the ground running well with her. I also like the idea of how the problem with how to deal with the roots is at least for the moments, just to deal with them. They may be a major issue sure but it's to be expected if something in the world has seriously changed, especially when it's something that impact the entire world and not just this one city. I also really like how they're dealing with some of the other recent issues like reinstating that yeah Korra still can't talk to her past lifes, or that Aamai and Korra are cool and are over the whole Mako thing. Part of me feels that if they promised no romance they shouldn't touch on it too much but it was only for a scene or convo and either led to some good conversation or jokes so I don't really mind that. Plus I'm liking the idea of a villian or main baddie in the series not in some sort of army or huge leader and instead being given this new power and recruting his old team to try and go for his goals. I don't know exactly what they are now but it's a unique angle and based on what he said it's not like he's just a "mwhahaha malcious for no real reason" type of evil either like kind of Unalaq became so... please don't be another Unalaq boring baddie man. And again a lot of good comedy from this to Bumi still being hurt after airbend saving himself, Mako shown literally sleeping at his desk and others calling him out on it, Ikki throwing the plate at Bumi and showing he is an airbender and him breaking it, Korra and Asami coming clean to each other about the behind the back Mako kiss and laughing it off, the guy admitting he soiled himself when he came down (normally I don't care for those kind of gross out jokes but the delievery on this one worked). Plus some good touching scenes between Korra and Tenzin and Tenzin and his family. A stupid "wah wah" joke here or there and a couple of forced lines and maybe feeling like we missed a bit more then was shown are my only major problems with this one.

"Rebirth" - I don't know exactly where they're going with this "now people can airbend" and honestly I'm not even sure how much sense that makes. I mean I guess the last season said people originally got bending powers from the lion turtle but lion turtles aren't even spirits. And since in the spirit world you can't even bend, how come bringing spirits over from this world allows some people to bend? But you know I can choke it up to we're either getting an explanation or it's because of a mix of new energies in the world rebirthing powers in those who never had it before. Still I really like how this episode handled it: okay despite the cute cartoony image of the group going around the bit with Tenzin trying to appease everyone in the most obvious out of touch ways wasn't that funny, but I'm talking the more serious conversations. And how this is a serious issue: because as important as rebuilding the air nomads were and training new airbenders to harness their powers are, if it's given to people who don't know anything about airbending or how to even use it, would they really even want that kind of lifestyle? Honestly the airbending way of life seems like the most strict and devouted of all the styles and if you were to just tell someone with powers "this is the way you must live now" that's going to cause some problems. And I like them stressing they can't really force people to join even though they actually do need people. I'm sure tons of fanficers have thought of plenty of ways to have airbenders around again, so props to the writers for actually taking a serious approach with it and how it'd work with the normal schmo. And though Kai's story feels pretty rushed of him being a troubled thief joining the crew because he doesn't want to go to jail, it does work. Plus so far he isn't terribly obnoxious. Maybe it's the voice or the face they gave that conveys some innonence because in the wrong hands you'd want to smack this little brat but here it actually does work for me. I also like how this is going on in tangent with.... ugh I don't know any of these prionser bender names. Honestly I only know Kai's name of the new characters and that's only because it's said a lot and it's easier to remember. But I'm sure I'll remember these new guys. Honestly the earth bender besides his stone shuriken isn't that memorable but again the bit from the leader and the Grey Delisle woman were interesting. Plus i never thought they'd literally have a character in a series like this not have either arms. I doubt we'll go into how she lost them but the idea of using tentacles for arms like that and having that as hooks is pretty chilling. And between those battles and taking out the sheriff, some good action. And the comedy that worked here did work like Tenzin having to convince Ikki and Meelo to stay home and Meelo thinking he had become a general, Bolin kind of guilting Mako into coming along under the pretense of meeting their grandmother (surprised that actually did happen but get to that one later), Korra trying to force that one kid with airbending still living with his mom to get out and him mpt caring about anything (sadly I probably relate to that more then I want to admit), the actual preformence and Mako being blown away more then rehearsed as well as his relutance about having to come along, and the cute little moment between Jinora and Kai. Kid may be a theif but he's defintley not bad from what I'm reading on him which is probably another reason why he's more tolerable then he could be. So yeah another solid episode here and now onto the next one.

"The Earth Queen" - I think this season also finally got around a problem Korra's had since... ever: actually making a bunch of interesting stories happen at once. The side stories in the first season were more just character building then anything. And the ones in the second season were fine but not only had some serious problems but wound up being better then the main plot a good lot of the time. However now this series has at least 3-4 plots going on and some have split off and others haven't converged and all are actually working. Instead of being "oh why are we with this? I don't want that I want the other one" I care about all the plots. The one that got the most focus here were Mako and Bolin reconnecting with their family which again I wasn't expecting like this. i mean they hinted at it a few times but I wasn't expecting it until you saw the guy's reaction to the kid's rotten fruit stand (BTW who voices that kid? It sounds really really familiar but I'm having a hard time placing it for some reason) and yeah seeing that was actually kind of heartwarming. Especially when the two had to tell their folks had died and Mako giving the scarf to his grandmother. Wow, for once you not only feel the family bond from these two but actually care more about their personal lives and struggles which is defintley progress. I also liked the stuff with Korra having to deal with the Earth Queen. Obviously kind of the polar opposite from her pushover father seen in the last series to being totally demanding and overly spoiled. I think over the top yet serious enough without it being serious. Plus I like how you have to put her goals together to really get it: kidnapping airbenders to build a private army in order to get back the "stolen land" from after the 100 year war. Actually shows this in continuity with the graphic novels because the way she talks about "stealing the land" goes with I'm sure some jaded earth nation folks thought would be on "The Promise". Oh and hey speaking of Zuko good to see him back. Not really doing anything other then chatting with Eska and Densa and seeing the other member of the group but shows he will play promience later on I'm sure. As I'm sure we'll see with Lin... granted I thought it'd take more then three episodes to see that into the season but I'm sure it's coming. Plus a good action scene seeing Korra and Asami take on the bikers. Seriously Asami jumping and shocking the guy was probably one of her best action moments in the entire series. And yeah a lot more good jokes: Bumi failing against Kai because he has horrible stance (pointing that out actually saved that joke) the group's reaction to the lower ring, Bolin constantly referring to Kai as a younger brother, "well the good news is we're stuck in the lower ring. The bad news is we can pee whereever we want" Mako and Bolin unsure of whether the vendor wants them to steal from his cart, Bolin talking about their personal upbringing, Zuko and Eska comparing times when they tried killing the Avatar (I'm sure it's a joke only fans will get but... if you watched this when it premiered you had to be a fan let's be honest) and Densa wanting to have their tailor put in the special secret prison. So yeah lot of good suspense and unsure of what will happen next but that making you really want to see the next episode and not to see if it will improve unilke a lot of what I felt about season two. Honestly the only really bad parts were a couple of lame gags (Bolin thinking Kai was in trouble when he wasn't) and part of me thinks that Mako and Bolin should of just broken through the train when they realized they were getting stuck on it but eh that's more of a nitpick really. Otherwise solid episode.

So yeah great trilogy of episodes that hypes me for season 3 and makes me hope they keep up this level of quality and don't drop back into... well you guys know how low Korra can sink right?

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I thought that these were pretty good episodes. Korra is still blunt and aggressive, but at least she isn't nearly as insufferable as she was in the Book 2 premiere. I also really liked the driving scene with her and Asami. While it did make Mako look more like a jerk in that he apparently never told Korra about being with Asami while she was away last season, it did provide a bit more foundation for the friendship between Korra and Asami. For the last two seasons, I thought that their relationship was kind of just there, although the fact that Asami had been used as love triangle fodder really didn't help matters either. Focusing on interactions between them to allow their friendship to feel more genuine and so that it isn't just a matter of the two of them being in a love triangle with Mako is a definite good thing. More of this please.

I still don't quite like the idea of Bumi becoming an Airbender. It seemed kind of important for his character that he didn't have any bending powers and that he was basically the Sokka among Tenzin's siblings. I'm still willing to see where they're going with that, but it leaves me feeling uneasy. I really liked the scene with Tenzen talking to his kids about possibly being more Airbenders around. It was a genuinely sweet scene that still makes me wish that the show was more about them. To Korra's credit, the way she was trying to help that guy on the bridge was nice. She was calm, sounded compassionate and was genuinely trying to help. The President was being a huge jerk though. I still don't think that Korra leaving the gates open was the best idea, even if it did somehow cause more Airbenders to start popping up everywhere, but he wasn't helping matters either with arguing with Korra a few times.

Their attempts to get more people to join the Air Nomads was less than successful, but I kind of liked that. These are people with their own lives, friends and families that they can't just drop instantly just because they suddenly became airbenders. It wasn't like they were even born as benders like most everyone else and most of the people they saw were adults too, so that would make it even more difficult for people to drop everything and come along with the Avatar. Tenzin's wording in most of those attempts was less than ideal too. Korra getting frustrated with that one guy who didn't care was rather funny though. The circus-style performance was kind of funny, especially with Korra and Asami laughing over freaking Mako out. I figured that Kai was lying right from the beginning, so I'm glad that didn't take too long to be revealed. He honestly came off as too annoying to me and I didn't even feel bad for him when he was captured later, but Tenzin would be the ideal person to provide guidance for him.

Seeing all of those prisoners escaping was pretty cool. It really helps to establish them as being threats by putting them in extreme conditioned prisons far away from each other. The woman who had no arms but could bend was really cool and I'm curious about her backstory. I loved seeing Zuko again and I hope that he sticks around for the rest of the season at least. Good to know that Zuko can still have hilariously awkward moments like he did in the original series. I wasn't happy to see the twins again, but hopefully they won't stick around.

The Earth Queen still being upset over losing her land and using the Avatar to collect her tax money definitely made it clear that she was evil. At least Korra and Asami teaming up to fight was awesome and hopefully Asami will be able to do that more in the future. Kai was still pretty annoying and Bolin was a bit too native, even for him, to keep thinking that he was afraid and all alone. Meeting with their long-lost family was a surprise. What are the odds that they'd run right into their uncle and cousin like that? Having to tell them that their parents had died was sad, but Mako giving their grandmother his father's scarf was a genuinely nice moment, which says a lot given that I don't like Mako.

I didn't think of the Earth Queen using the Airbenders as her own personal army, but that would fit with this city. I really couldn't feel bad for Kai sine he hasn't been around for that long and there was nothing about him that made him likable or sympathetic despite being a little liar and a thief.

Overall, this was a pretty good start to the season. I don't know if I'd say that it's the best of the series thus far and I'm hesitate to say something like that after how Book 2 turned out for me, but there are some things that I liked here. Splitting up the main cast and giving them different conflicts that do not primarily resolve around love triangles or relationship drama in general is a definite good thing. Not only does it help to provide more for Korra and Asami's friendships, but it helps to flesh out the characters in general. Not to mention I seriously never want them to try romance in this series again. It just does not work nor is it really worthwhile to try it again in my opinion. I'm still not sure about why Bumi had to become an Airbender and not really addressing how else the world has changed beyond the vines in Republic City and possibly the new batch of Airbenders doesn't really sit right with me either, but perhaps that will be addressed later.

19. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    I will catch ALL 3 Episodes - THIS I SWEAR. This sounds like a massive improvement over Season 2.

20. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

This is a huge improvement over Book 2, now I am hooked to the series again.