1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Kim Possible Movie (Series Finale) "So The Drama" Talkback (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by tucsoncoyote, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would you the viewer like the Story to continue after So the Drama?

1. Yes Definitely! I want to know what happens Next!

58 vote(s)
    63.7%
  2. No, It's over. Too bad we won't see them graduate High School!

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Does it really Matter? Either way is fine with me!

18 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. No Opinion.. Frankly It's just a cartoon to me.

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Member

Just hit me that, whatever the reason for the rating is, it isn't the violence. Secret of Nimh (one of the finest Animated movies ever) is on ToonDisney today, and it's rated as Y-7. And for those that haven't seen it, the end battle in that one is just chalk full of violence, blood and two deaths. So my guess is that the rating is probably because of the... ahem... fanservice...

2. Uncle Beaglebub

Uncle Beaglebub Black Jack

"So The Drama" will air on The Disney Channel Friday, July 8th @ 9PM EST.

3. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

Well I highly think to disagree here that it's fan service that gave this the rating of PG for So the Drama I think that Maybe Freedom right makes the most valid point here..

I think Disney is just being over Cautious.. after all Look at Who Framed Roger Rabbit back in 1988 on the Big Screen it was in fact rated PG, Lilo and Stitch the same) but frankly I think Disney is like Freedom Pointed out, is just being a tad Too Over cautious. . nuff said.

:coyote:

4. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

TV-PG would be higher than anything Toonami has aired.

... I'm banking on a mistype/mislabeling.

5. kimpossible1fan

kimpossible1fan I am Jack's smirking revenge

Well you'll see tonight when the rating pops up at the begining. I however will be waiting, since I'm don't have Disney Channel. Since I'm Canadian. :anime:

6. AllisterH

AllisterH Member

So what do the deleted scenes on the DVD show?

7. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

The Guessing Game: What will be shown?

Good Question there Allister and since it's been out for over 2 months, here is the difference..

There is a Scuba Diving Scene that is removed that has some "underwater action footage" with Kim and Ron (and Rufus) fighting off "The Bermuda Triangle's Defensive systems", Including Electrified Fences, and Laser Cannons in an Oyster Grotto (Shades of Thnderball). Of course there is also later in the story a scene where Kim and Shego (Druing the Fight Scene) have a Fight on Top of a Chandellier) and in fact these two scenes compromise the missing 5 minutes of the Show and that is what is on the DVD (The VHS Version doesn't have these scenes).

Whether or Not Disney will add these in this time well it's behyond even my Guessing But since the PG rating is being shown, I'm thinking that there will be these scenes, but again don't be surprised if they aren't shown.(After all we really don't know what will be shown tonight(when the movie airs again, but we can only guess.)

:coyote:

8. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

You know after watching the end of this movie again tonight, I have to say that I believe even more so that the series should actually end here. I mean this movie summed everything up, it brought the whole series together, and it gave a conclusive ending to the whole thing. Nope, no need for new episodes. I don't think the staff would be able to top it.

9. Kagetsu

Kagetsu Hooligan

I have only seen the show DVD, so I don't know if they cut the scuba scene from elsewhere. But there are two fully cut scenes in the DVD extras. One is a very short scene where Ron gives Kim a lift to school on his new scooter and they are passed by a kid on a trike. (kinda pointless)
    The other is a Ron rant about the kaff food and Bonnie cutting in to get her reserved food, which looks much better than the glop Ron just got, a short and varied argument between the three and ends with Kim deciding not to kick Bonnie butt like she kicks Shego butt because it would trash her permanent record. (rather cute)
    Neither have back sound but do have character voices.

10. Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter Active Member

The scenes tusconcoyote mentioned are on the DVD version only... they were cut from the TV version (as well as the VHS version, but I can't confirm that since I have the DVD).

The ones you mentioned, Kagetsu, are additional scenes that were animated, but as you stated, lacked sound and music because they were cut before the film's final print (sans editing for the TV version, of course).

The cafeteria scene, by the way, is the same one that is played as a result of obtaining the secret 53rd card during the movie's on-line TCG back in March/April.

11. loyalheart

loyalheart It's Not TV. It's Cliche

I think they could have, but when 3 major writers left and went for that 'Xialion Showdown' - that probably didnt help lol

12. Dakkoth

Dakkoth Science Fiction Author

\

They just need to hire more writers. There are plenty of us out there.

13. stargirl

stargirl Active Member

Okay, maybe this movie showed a little TMI!!!!:eek:

14. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree!
    I bought this movie a week ago, and I liked it. The story's nice, the animations nice, and the fight scenes are intense. This is the perfect way to end the series.